Altaruk, on the Sea of Silt (Dark Sun 4E IC)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kai stares at Barrel for a moment, and then shrugs.

"Very well. I guess we can get started then. Do you have any information for us? Do you know exactly what happened to the caravan? Where the cargo was lost?"

Shayuri

First Post
Lets start moving, Prin suggests mentally as she looks around at the other groups. He can tell us what he knows as we go. I suspect it's not much though...if it was that easy, they'd simply have a group of guards take care of it from the start.

She starts heading to the nearest gate...her movements under her gown are hard to see, giving her the impression of gliding smoothly over the ground.

jay_bird

First Post
Barrel stares for a few seconds at the two adventurers, free men who expect payment, looking to him for help. Through the sandstorm in the yard, he hallucinates the battles for his life that await him if they return successful, and then turns to follow the girl with initiative.

dave_o

Explorer
Altaruk, The Trade Fortress

The winds gust and billow as the group is able to make their way out of the sorting yard and through House Wavir back into Altaruk proper, with the presence of the mul slave. From here, many options open before you. Altaruk continues to bustle in fits and starts, despite the heat and weather. If one was to let the flow of traffic drag them along they would soon find themselves passing through the Gates of Traxidos, however, out into the wastes, to perhaps begin the search there.

You are confident, however, that you were the first group to leave.

[sblock="OOC"]Sorry folks, been busy in the studio as well as with some other projects but I will always get around to posting sooner or later!

Into the wastes? Or perhaps some info gathering in Altaruk?[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kai sighs in frustration at the antics of Prin and Barrel. No plan, no information, just rushing off into the wastes. He briefly looks around, considering if he is too late to try and join another group. But that is not how the system works, stuck with those chance had saddled him with. Perhaps they were right and speed would suffice to replace any semblance of tactics.

Athas is a dangerous place to be alone, but briefly Kai wishes he were once again wandering the spare wastelands near his home, free to choose his own path. Years of isolation, meditation and introspection had certainly sharpened his own talents . . . but it made talking to others, let alone convincing them of anything, quite the task.

He pauses for a second, taking a perch on a nearby low wall to keep out of the throng of people. He gazes out to the Gates of Traxidos.

"Well, there is our exit if we are simply going to follow the caravan's path until we see . . . something."

Shayuri

First Post
Planning is all well and good, but one cannot allow it to take the place of action, Prin 'says,' cheerfully. I am sure you are all more experienced with this sort of thing than I, so I will explain myself.

With the reward being offered, I believe anyone in the city who knows something about this will most likely either join one of the search teams, or go to House Wavir directly. In neither case will they be inclined to work with us.

She smiled. But if my reasoning is flawed, I am willing to entertain other options...so long as we do not linger long in debate while other teams surge ahead.

Remove ads