Alternative to ENWorld for 5E Discussions

Myth weavers has a strong dnd presence. They also run a discord server.
Thank you, looks promising.

The other option is to just ignore the conversation for while it lasts... ... And I just don't click on the thread and will wait for it to drop to the second page. ;)
Thanks, but there are too many threads I've been doing that with lately. I appreciate the insight/advice, but really not what I'm hoping for here.

As this is clearly a thread about moderation policies here, I'll move it to Meta for you.
That was not my understanding of the original post, but that's your call. I'm sure it will die in obscurity now.

Could we have a link to a summary of "today's events"?
Someone would have to make such a thread, and that is not the intent of this one.

Back to the topic of the OP.
Are there really only a handful of places to discuss 5E?

(Note, I was very reluctant to start this thread because I feared that I might come across as passive aggressive, subversive, or other such attempts. That is not and has not been the intent of this thread or any posts or comments I have made. Please take this in mind when processing what I write.)

Nagol

Unimportant
<snip>
Back to the topic of the OP.
Are there really only a handful of places to discuss 5E?

It's a niche inside a small hobby and long-form discussions via forums are "out" currently as a trend. It should be expected there is limited support. When developers dump control of a communication medium you can tell it is not considered strategic or vital. (And I'm not talking just about WotC: other industries are also abandoning dedicated forums).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yup, your options are basically a tiny handful of forums left, or jump on board the social media juggerrnaught.

It's a niche inside a small hobby and long-form discussions via forums are "out" currently as a trend. It should be expected there is limited support. When developers dump control of a communication medium you can tell it is not considered strategic or vital. (And I'm not talking just about WotC: other industries are also abandoning dedicated forums).
I'm open to other mediums, but am not aware of any others that provide discussions. Can you enlighten me? Thanks.

Nagol

Unimportant
I'm open to other mediums, but am not aware of any others that provide discussions. Can you enlighten me? Thanks.
As I posted, long form discussions aren't the current trend. Facebook has several fan pages for light discussion/banter. Twitter is a platform for pointed questions. Reddit is sort-of-kind-of a forum variant in a way that supports slightly longer discussions on a topic. StackExchange and Quora are decent places to post questions and answers.

None are particularly useful to sift through looking for decent content or support discussion threads particularly well.

Most forums shrivel up and die unless they can manage to achieve critical mass sufficiently quickly to keep interest of the early adopters or have enough churn in the fan base to keep new blood flowing in.

Active forums also take a fair amount of a user's time so typically a single user will only be on one or two. That means new forums face a serious barrier to entry: how to attract enough users to present a vibrant active environment that is attractive enough that others will want to participate.

Remove ads