Alternity: The TSR/WotC game that time forgot!

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I still have my signed and numbered Limited Preview Edition Alternity Player's Handbook. I remember being disappointed when the publication version came out and they moved away from calling the companion volume the Rulesmaster's Guide, which was its name in my book. I also still have the Tangents supplement because it rules.

But I also loved the Dark*Matter setting more than anything else, and ran a campaign that lasted over a year anyway. I also remember thinking that the Alternity rules had clearly influenced 3rd Edition's design and approach, and I remember an incredulous conversation with the owner of a FLGS, in which he insisted that Alternity's impact on the system was minor compared to other contemporary games.

Good times.

I remember glancing at some of the Alternity books and reading about the Weren and the Seshayan in Dragon Magazine. I have a copy of d20 Future, which had the races from both Alternity and Star Frontiers. All of whom were written up using 3e's game mechanics. :)

Someone has got to convert these races for EN Publishing's Voidrunner Codex setting. ;)

Remove ads