• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Am I the only one?

Mystearia

First Post
this has happened to me before, i dont know the cause but i dont realy mind it since i tend to type very short things unless im describeing something to someone, normally it is fixed after i restart the chat window if that helps any

Lince'sa said:
in MANY, not all cases, it's because I hit shift or some other such button before I hit enter and it sends my post to the next line. I spend 5+ minutes waiting to see a response to a line I never typed in open chat, give up and reboot.

This isn't always the case, but it happens. next time it happens to you, try hitting backspace a few times, JUST to be sure. it may or may not be the case. but it can't hurt to try.

Heh, confessedly once or twice it has actually been that I have accidentally hit shift and enter, but I always double check that thats not the case (as it is really annoying when you sit there for five minutes thinking your windows frozen when in fact your post is just up a line.)

In this case its a matter of hitting enter, the post not showing up, and then being able to type something else in the dialogue box and then post that (usually a post wondering where the post I just typed went).

Ruthia

First Post
Happens to me too, often. At first I thought it was my comp but it's happened a few times now with my new computure too. And I'm using Internet Explorer. I'm not sure what causes it, but it's not just a firefox problem :)

Haeron

First Post
The closest thing that has happened to me is where I will type something and only half of it will show up in the main chat window....I discovered that the other half magically appeared in a PM to someone....I have also noticed that if you are about to recieve a PM....the act of someone clicking your name and opening a PM dialogue will have the same effect. If the person logs off before you have a chance to see where the other half of your text went...You never can tell. Thats the best help I could offer.

Dribble.

First Post
Again, that is because every time you recieve a PM, the little place in wich you write moves to the PM window, so you can answer. And that IS annoying...

Sienna_Rose

First Post
I've noticed the pm thing happens randomly. Even when none is being sent. If I've sent one, but have the window minimized, and have been happily typing away, suddenly, poof, part of my stuff is off in the pm window that's not even being used.

Haeron

First Post
Sienna_Rose said:
I've noticed the pm thing happens randomly. Even when none is being sent. If I've sent one, but have the window minimized, and have been happily typing away, suddenly, poof, part of my stuff is off in the pm window that's not even being used.

I have a theory about that...
When the person you sent your PM to, reads the PM...I believe it causes that to happen even though they dont type anything. So if they read your PM like 3 or 4 times....each instance causes your typing cursor to move to the PM window. I have also had situations where someone was about to PM me and had clicked on my name and when they finally did PM me....half of my main window text was already there.
:)

Well, using firefox 2.0, I had two posts eaten tonight.

...guess that didn't fix it (seemed to for a while but... only went bad tonight.)

...so, any idea why my posts keep getting eaten? Or if it can be fixed? :)

Jeajea

First Post
There's a gremlin overpopulation problem. They're just foraging for food because they've depleted their local supply. But it's okay, we're looking into exterminators.

Remove ads