• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon Delay until JULY 22nd

thc1967

Explorer
I phoned my FLGS late last Thursday night to ask if they had the books in stock to sell first thing in the morning. Putting the "F" in FLGS, he said they'd sell 'em at midnight. He also told me he heard Amazon would have problems shipping the core rule set.

I cancelled my pre-order with Amazon and bought the books from my FLGS at 12:08am. I may have paid a bit more with my FLGS, but my local guy needs more financial support than Amazon does, and Amazon has done nothing but earn my contempt by delaying so long in notifying its customers of this issue.

The Little Raven

First Post
Amazon is a load of BS.

I pre-ordered my Gift Set back in March, and on June 6th, I received an email notifying me that it was canceled.

My friend pre-ordered his Gift Set back in April, and received an email on Monday that his order wouldn't be shipping until July 14th.

Our other friend ordered the Gift Set on June 8th, and received his books yesterday.

MeepoTheMighty said:
For what it's worth, my LGS was sold out on release day too. Tons of people came in for the Worldwide Game Day the next day, got excited about the new rules, and then were told they had to wait for a restock.
Same here. Every gift set my FLGS had on June 6th was "spoken for" before they even had them in stock. Since I was one of those who spoke, I had no complaints.

hargert

First Post
Yes it is a load of crap, I ordered my books back on Feb 7th and just got the July 22nd date. They only had 5 freaking months to order enough. I will never order a pre-sale item from them again.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
I ordered the book gift set after a friend. I got 3-5 day shipping and it got to my house on the 9th.

My friend got super save shipping and has to wait till July too.

ethandrul

First Post
HA! I pre ordered mine from Tower.com 5 days before release. got them on the 6th...though I'm not allowed to open it until fathers day.

Family

First Post
It just fits too well.

2008-06-11.jpg

Argyuile

First Post
Amazon Redeemed by their Customer Service Staff

I found an e-mail I could send to CS without my order number. I suggested that instead they send me the 3 books that comprised the gift set for the same price as the gift set and that would make me happy.

Unfortunately I received a nonsensical canned response that had almost nothing to do with my inquiry.

Fortunately it also had a link to have CS call you on your phone. I put in my # and my phone rang almost instantly (which I thought was cool). I still had to hold for about a minute (maybe less) to get a CS rep.

I got Ledina on phone and tried to explain my situation. It took a while for me to get her to understand the whole, gift set is basically the same as the 3 separate books part but when she did, she set me up to get the 3 books at the price of the gift set ( 5 dollars and some change difference).

Certainly not a huge amount of money but it made me feel about a billion times better about doing business with amazon. Kudos to amazon for (Eventually) doing the right thing.

I am a strong believer that it doesn't matter what mistakes you make but what you do about them that matters. Amazons customer service department has saved them from forever losing a customer. Good job.

Remove ads