D&D 5E Amazon US book sales rank.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
We don't know yet if they'll continue to print the 2014 version so maybe people are stocking up with the old edition before it's replaced in case they don't like the new or are unwilling to switch in the short term.
While I would be surprised if they continue to print the old books, I cannot really fathom the idea that people are stockpiling them before they go out of print and think that it would surprising for enough people doing that to sustain current sales.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
While I would be surprised if they continue to print the old books, I cannot really fathom the idea that people are stockpiling them before they go out of print and think that it would surprising for enough people doing that to sustain current sales.
Seems more likely that plenty of people are just starting up new 6E games still, without doing major research beyond an impulse buy on Amazon after a BG3 binge.

Zardnaar

Legend

Unlikely. Casual probably don't know about 5.5.

Access to 5Ee phb won't be that hard unless 5.5 tanks hard and book price goes up on the secondary market a'la 3.5

Remove ads