• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amber Sands

Snowelf

First Post
OOC:Could be...?? His son is pretty smart. He requested going to another preschool when he was little where the kids "spoke english" because he could not understand "toddler"....;)

Kija

"Excellent. I very much look forward to it. Aya, you are going to join us as well, aren't you? I can't imagine the hunt without you."

MysticChick

First Post
Snowelf said:
OOC:Could be...?? His son is pretty smart. He requested going to another preschool when he was little where the kids "spoke english" because he could not understand "toddler"....;)

Kija

"Excellent. I very much look forward to it. Aya, you are going to join us as well, aren't you? I can't imagine the hunt without you."
Aya smiles. "It's been a very long time, but since my shore leave seems to be indefinate, I would love any diversion. Shall we leave tomorrow, then? Sunrise?"

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
"Not tomorrow, but the the next day before sunrise," Shivethi says to Aya. "There are some things that I need to attend to before taking a holiday. Tomorrow I also hope that the two of you might take Father Grimwald on a tour of the city."

DJMG

First Post
Grimwald

With a laugh Grimwald interjects "We're getting ahead of ourselves! Perhaps we should wait and see what sort of condition I'm in after this feast before I commit myself further!"

Why do I get the strange feeling that for the hundreth time I will wish my magic included a way to 'find your way back home' instantly?

Grimwald continues to sample from the large array of food before him - taking great pains to attempt to sample at least a small portion of everything.

Perhaps if time permits I might add a short rendition to the performance tonight?

[EDIT Spell check doesn't work if you spell the WRONG word CORRECTLY! :p )

Last edited:

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
"A man of many talents!" Qasood exclaims. "Of course you may!"

The rest of the dinner goes by with much laughter, stories and questions from the Ransoori about the lands to the north. After about two hours, servants arrive to remove the dishes and leftover food. The tables are moved to one side of the banquet room, and you are all ushered to the other side where dozens of beautifully stitched and beaded cushions are piled. Low tables with bottles of wine and finger foods are placed among you. Suddenly, the doors are flung open and a torrent of music played on a variety of drums, small cymbals, reedy horns and flutes, and stringed instruments floods the room. Four women, dressed in loose fitting silken costumes enter ahead of the musicians, their bodies moving in time to the music. As with all Ransoori, they have black hair, creamy skin, and jet black eyes. From time to time, exotic scents seem fill the air, but strangely you don't "smell" it with your nostrils. You just "register" them. Flickers of light at the edge of your vision and even the chiming of crystal bells also assail you, yet you neither truly "see" or "hear" them.

The women move like serpents, almost as if they had no spines. Swaying and undulating to the complex rhythms played by the musicians, they are hypnotic. The dance is a feast for the senses; at times you swear you can feel them caress your skin, though they never come closer than three feet to you. Then, without warning, the music stops and the musicians and dancers all bow in unison, their hands pointing and eyes down, awaiting your response.

Last edited:

MysticChick

First Post
Aya applauds heartily, her dark eyes taking in the costumes (or is it the bodies?) of the dancers appreciatively. You see her wink in the direction of the musicians, but are not quite sure at whom.

Snowelf

First Post
Kija

Kija sits comfortably with her thin legs crossed over each other in front of her. She leans forward a bit as she watches the dancers and every now and then catches herself swaying along with the music.

She checks Father Grimwald's expression from time to time to make sure he seems to be enjoying himself, and smiles to herself at the notice of Aya's wink.

That girl... she thinks jovially.

DJMG

First Post
Grimwald

Grimwald joins in Aya's hearty applause. That was truly magnificent! Continuing to applaud, Father Grimwald rises to his feet. As the applause begins to die down, he attempts the 'Ransoori bow of respect' to the dancers.

"Thank you for the amazing performance" gushes Grimwald.

I might not have been as facetious as I thought when I joked about surviving the night! Grimwald mused.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads