• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amber Sands

DJMG

First Post
Father Grimwald

This is truly wonderful! exclaims Father Grimwald after he finishes savouring the baklava! I fear greatly for my waistline if all your food is as good as this he adds with a chuckle.
Tell me Pajanti, unless it too is a secret, is there much call for your men's service here at the enclave?

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Pajanti takes a sip of his wine, then speaks. "At first, yes. The memories of people can be very long, and the memories of evil persist even longer. Our ancestors were cruel tyrants and dictators who subjugated much of this land and those further north. After they were overthrown and the nations rebuilt themselves, the tales of their evil grew to mythic proportions--" he glances at Aya, then continues, "but not without basis in fact, I'm sure."

"At any rate, we are more accepted now, at least here in Farszya. It was a slow process, but eventually the citizens of this great city and then the nation itself came to accept that we are in fact not an advance scouting party for new conquest, but honestly seeking to reopen trade and communications between our nations. Today, fifteen years later, my position is largely ceremonial, though I do command a small garrison of specially trained warriors. Occasionally someone still tries to scale the enclave wall and attempt to do us harm, but they are quickly caught and turned over to the city authorities."

MysticChick

First Post
Aya helps herself to the baklava. "I think you will find the Amber Kindgoms a most delightful place, Father. Perhaps you will permit me to accompany you around the city...when you are rested, of course."

DJMG

First Post
Father Grimwald

"I must say I've enjoyed what I've experienced so far! I would love a guided tour of the city at your convinience. I've been doing nothing EXCEPT resting since I boarded the boat that brought me here." With a wink he adds "Besides, I'm not THAT old you know"

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Father Grimwald's remark makes everyone at the table laugh. Shivethi, sliding several chunks of meat and vegetables from a skewer onto a plate of spicy smelling rice, says, "We meant no disrespect, Father. Be assured that in the coming days, we have much planned for you. Later tonight, a demonstration of some of our traditional music and dance, a tour of the city with your able guide Aya, even a 'history lesson' or two of our people following the fall of the empire. Perhaps a hunt on the veldt, if you are a sportsman?"

MysticChick

First Post
Aya dips her spoon into a thin, yellow soup that seems to be made of some rather large eggs. "Oh, indeed, Father. I hear that the deer are thick this year, as are the pheasants. Alas, the closer one gets to the bottom lands, the merrows get quite thick as well. And you must go quite far to the north if you desire to hunt Shih-tzu."

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
MysticChick said:
Aya dips her spoon into a thin, yellow soup that seems to be made of some rather large eggs. "Oh, indeed, Father. I hear that the deer are thick this year, as are the pheasants. Alas, the closer one gets to the bottom lands, the merrows get quite thick as well. And you must go quite far to the north if you desire to hunt Shih-tzu."

OOC: Gack...you hadda do it, din't ya? I just spit soda out of my nose. I guess we should explain to DJ and Snowelf that in our old campaign (when MC lived near me and was part of the GREATEST GAMING GROUP E.V.A.R) we decided the word "shih-tzu" was Elvish for mastodon... just a little in-joke I figured you should be aware of.

Ahh...memories.

MysticChick

First Post
DungeonmasterCal said:
OOC: Gack...you hadda do it, din't ya? I just spit soda out of my nose. I guess we should explain to DJ and Snowelf that in our old campaign (when MC lived near me and was part of the GREATEST GAMING GROUP E.V.A.R) we decided the word "shih-tzu" was Elvish for mastodon... just a little in-joke I figured you should be aware of.

Ahh...memories.
Hee.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Qasood, who has been silent up to now, speaks. "I have no taste for hunting merrow. Sure, they are near mindless, savage brutes, but I prefer true beasts. Perhaps sabercat or grasshawks? Few things are more dangerous than a grasshawk. Fast, dangerous, and nearly 8 feet tall with a beak nearly as large as a horse's head. Now there is a quarry for a huntsman!"

Remove ads