Amber Sands

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
DJMG said:
((as I don't even know where my homelands are, I'm not sure how to roleplay this request without just making stuff up. If making stuff up is fine, then make stuff up I will :) ))

I sent you an email with a little bit of info. :)

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Father Grimwald is an engaging storyteller, and can make even the most mundane event aboard ship sound wonderful. While walking through the streets, you actually garner litle attention. Being a port city, Hafar sees people from many lands. A few people do stop and give a second glance at Shivethi's completely black eyes, and a few even make the sign against evil or quickly go another direction, but for the most part it's just another busy day in the city.

After walking about a half hour through the crowded bazaars and streets, you come to a low, adobe wall with an wrought iron gate set in it. Through the gate you can see several buildings, all with pale stucco walls and roofs covered in light blue tiles. The grounds are well kept and several palms give shade in the gardens. A few people can be seen moving about. The guard, a tall Ransoori man of about twenty-five, bows to you in the same manner Shivethi demonstrated earlier, then opens the gate for the three of you to enter.

DJMG

First Post
Father Grimwald bows and idicates with a sweeping gesture that Kija should enter first, followed by Shivethi. Grimwald will enter last.

Snowelf

First Post
Kija

"Thank you, Father. I must say, I find your tales of youe homeland quite interesting. You certainly have a talent for storytelling." Kija remarks. She goes suddenly quiet as they head up the walk and into the embassy. The palm tree shadows sweep across her as she steps lightly against the walk creating as little sound and disturbance as possible.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
As you make your way up the neatly swept flagstone path, another man, also a Ransoori, walks quickly up to Shivethi. After bowing to Father Grimwald, he looks at Shivethi and slightly inclines his head, his jet-black eyes appearing to gaze at something far away. Shivethi nods, then turns to the two of you. "Please pardon me. There is something of some urgency I must attend to. Kija will show you where you'll be staying. It's small, but comfortable and private. You are welcome to take your meals there, and we will serve them there if you wish. But tonight, at least, would you honor us with your presence in the main hall?" Bowing quickly, he smiles and follows the messenger.

Snowelf

First Post
Kija leads Father Grimwald through the hall of the Embassy. They pass by huge potted palm trees and many sets of arched doorways, none differing from the others until they reach an intersection. Kija leads him to the right and then stops at the entrance to a elaborate set of decorated double doors. Carvings of flowers and intricate design have been delicately drawn into the sturdy dark wood. She pushes one of the doors open and inside is a large meeting hall with a long simple table and chairs surrounding it.

"This is where we will meet tonight. Now I will show you to your quarters."

She leads you through the hall and then out of the main building through a covered walkway and into a smaller side building. Once you enter, it seems to be divided into four simple sections with four different doors leading off the straight hallway.

Straight ahead, there is a door directly across from you, another entrance that leads back outside. The hallway has sets of inset sections where colorfull glass lanterns are lit at night.

"The first door is yours. No one else is staying in this building at the moment. I will send a girl in to wash your feet and serve your meal. Is there anything else I can get you?"

DJMG

First Post
Father Grimwald

Grimwald tries to take everything in at once. This is all so different from home. What HAVE I gotten myself into? he wonders. The excitment of realizing he is seeing things so many in his land have only heard about tempers any home-sickness he feels.

Grimwald gets a hold of himself and continues to try and absorb as much information as possible. He tries to be non-chalant about it all, but he can't help but stop and gasp each time he sees something outside of his experiences. He stops for some time to admire the carving on the doors. "This is such fine craftsmanship" he exclaims.

When he is shown to his room

"Thank you Kija, this room is lovely and will do very well! I would love an chance to wash a bit of the dirt off my feet before dinner. I'm sure a light snack wouldn't hurt my appetite any! If such a thing is handy I would love a chance to read a book or two on your country's recent history."

When left alone

Grimwald pulls some paper and a quill from his backback and begins to write a quick note to his superiors to let them know he's arrived safe and sound and things are off to a promising start. He folds the letter and applies his seal. When next he sees someone he will ask them to bring the message to the docks so the letter can be returned on the ship that brought him
OOC I'm about to start my 'unplugged' existence for two or three days. I'll try to get on but I can't make any promises. Try not to kill me unless I really deserve it!

Snowelf

First Post
Kija

"Certainly. I shall return in a little while with some choices from the Embassy's collection. We have several scribes that I can schedule a time for you to meet with as well." She says bowing to the preist before she leaves.

OOC: I think you're safe--at least for awhile.... ;)

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Snowelf said:
Kija

OOC: I think you're safe--at least for awhile.... ;)

FOOLS! You're all dead! Muaahaahaaahaaaaha!!!!

Seriously DJ, don't worry about posting if you're on the road. If ya can, great! But don't knock yourself out trying. Weekends see my postings slow down, as well, as I have all this domestic dad stuff to do.

Remove ads