• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An Interesting Experience

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Llewelyn stands and faces the ranger. What can I add? What use am I? I an the one person here who has a court and country at his command. You ask if my Aunt has other children? If so wouldn't I be Duke or Earl? No I'm Prince of Degal. If my cousin is lost I may well inherit the throne. Now back down. I will not tollerate any further sniping from you. Are you my lesser? Yes. Do I consider you my lesser? No. Now shut up and leave me be!

After his outburst Llewelyn sits and covers his face. I am sorry. I have so much happening at once... The nobleman's words trail off into tears.

Thanee

First Post
Silvermoon

Silvermoon shakes her head smilingly.

“Well, no, thank you, master dwarf, but I doubt this would do me any good.”

She really looks like she couldn't stand much of this ale without getting drunk.

DM_Matt

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Eedrick turns with a look of anger on his face to Calixte, “First, he asked us for questions we would be silly not to take advantage of this by not asking them. Second, I don’t see how my question could be offensive to anyone as who would honestly considers one person more important than the safety of are two nations? I don’t know the royal family of Degal that well but I suspect that the princess has other siblings and well if she doesn’t the queens more than welcome to take an oar in my boat. Third, your right, rather we want to or not we are probably going to need to cooperate to get this done and for us to be successful we need to know what the other can do and can not.”

He looks over at the elven prince, “I’m not sure what Prince Llewelyn can do besides diplomacy but I imagine where fate takes us will involve combat and I don’t want to see anyone hurt, or killed because one of us can not perform the tasks at hand.”

He turns back to Calixte, “Four, this mission can survive without diplomacy as the only diplomacy that Giantkin know is what you can receive on the pointed and sharp ends of their weapons. Now this is a rescue mission but it’s going to be rather short without me as not to many can track like me.” He says the last words mater of fact and without a hint of boastfulness, “So I’ll try and be more tactful but face it lady you’re stuck with me.”

Turning back to Alcar, “I ask again, how can the rescue of one princess mater in the light of what is going on up north?”

"Give it a rest, won't ya Eadrick. Its his COUSIN. If they had taken Rowena, and they were holding her in a place where you could not bring weapons, would you just sit back and let the mages take care of it, or would you come with and do what you can? It seems like you are TRYING to not get along with him."

Turning to Llewelyn, and again putting her arm around him and whispers in his ear. "Calm down. We'll get her back. Don't give nature-boy anything more to mock you over."

Rana raises her mug and points to Llewelyn "Master dwarf, two ales please..."

When Silvermoon declines the drink, Rana mumbles under her breath "Wuss." Pretty much no one can hear it though.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Granite automatically pours Rana another ale, but then looks at the prince before pouring another.*

"Ye weren't much for ale, if I'm remembrin' right, were you m'lord?" he asks. He then turns to Eedrick.

"And ye'd leave the little lass to 'er fate? Ye've ne'er had childer, 'ave you lad?" Granite says, his voice suddenly going deadly soft.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
LLewelyn shakes off the fear and hurt and takes control of the situation. What we know is that someone from this kingdom to the north is trying to start a war. They have chosen to strike at the royal families of both of our countries in order to throw us into chaos. I will not allow that. They have tried to kill off everyone they think could stop them. We few have eluded their assasins. That makes us the countries greatest asset. LLewelyn sits again and says. We need to know who is behind this and take them out right now. These attacks are all diversions that would keep us from hitting the target. All of them should be ignored by us. We need to kill those responcible not tarry with saving my cousin of your king. There are others who can and will deal with that. we must act fast and with precision. We need information. Kames what more can you add to this?

Thanee

First Post
Silvermoon

Silvermoon nods in approval, as the prince assesses the situation.

“This is what I think as well, we cannot stop an army from marching into Flynn, we might be able to delay them, but not more. Maybe Degal could send forces to help reinforce the borders, altho I suppose the threat of such an attack on their own borders is apparent as well, which might be problematic. Anyways, we must take out the head, if we want this to stop. With our few numbers we cannot cut off supply lines or whatever else might stop their army from marching. But we can deny them coordination, which will in turn lead to defeat. Flynn and Degal - despite any conflicts of the past - have to stand together against this foe. Any personal differences have to be put aside. This much is clear by now.”

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Silvermoon speaks true." Calixte says, nodding in agreement. "If we cause any army heading towards the two nations to lose coordination, the rest will happen by itself."

"But the question is, where do we start? Do we head out now, or do we take caution in our actions, and perhaps plan our course?"

Manzanita

First Post
Rowena

"Were there any clues in the disapearence of the princess or the poisoning? I'm no detective. If we have no leads, perhaps some of us could start an investigation, but I'm better at using force. I would go north against the giants."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Eedrick of the Blackwoods: Human/Male (Ranger/Rogue/Fighter)

Eedrick gives a look of annoyance at James obviously unhappy with his lack of answers. He completely ignores the elven prince figuring if he was going to cry that he had already proved Eedrick’s point for him.

Settling back into his sit a pained expression crosses his face as he shakes his head no answer the dwarf as quietly as he can, “No I have no real family besides Rowena."

He ignores Rana’s comments figuring that she was already drunk and that there was no point and arguing with her “logic” now.

Remove ads