• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An Interesting Experience

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Eedrick of the Blackwoods: Human/Male (Ranger/Rogue/Fighter)

Eedrick looks awkward as he contemplates touching Rana but finally he settles on a reassuring touch to her shoulder. His free hand bravely reaching for her ale, “Milady, I imagine he needs time to gather his thoughts and loudly badgering him will not help him in that objective.” He tries to meet her gaze and then nods his head in the direction of the ale, “Please, tonight’s not a good night to tell me of your exploits as we need your mind to be as sharp as possible.”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Granite Aleheart, dwarf drunken master

"Well if yer won' go after the lil' one, then we best go break some giant 'eads so we kin find the lil' lass," Granite says finally, meeting James' eyes. "And don' ye be disparagin' my ale. It helps ye think, it does." The last is said to Eedrick with a hint of humor in his rough voice.

DM_Matt

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Eedrick looks awkward as he contemplates touching Rana but finally he settles on a reassuring touch to her shoulder. His free hand bravely reaching for her ale, “Milady, I imagine he needs time to gather his thoughts and loudly badgering him will not help him in that objective.” He tries to meet her gaze and then nods his head in the direction of the ale, “Please, tonight’s not a good night to tell me of your exploits as we need your mind to be as sharp as possible.”

Rana meets his gaze and smiles "I appreciate your concern, but I'm ok. Well, sorta. I'm fine. Really. I shouldnt have snapped at him like that. (turns to James) I'm sorry. (back to Eadrick. hands Eadrick the ale, half-consumed Here, take it, it was supposed to be for him (cocks head towards the weeping elf) anyway."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Eedrick smiles back, “I know your fine.” He hands the ale the dwarf without looking, “I just worry a lot, okay?”

DM_Matt

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Eedrick smiles back, “I know your fine.” He hands the ale the dwarf without looking, “I just worry a lot, okay?”

"Glad to know someone's looking out for me."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Eedrick nods his head to Rana and leans back into the chair slightly pleased with how well it went with removing the ale from Rana’s possession.

Thanee

First Post
Silvermoon

“So, do we have any further information, or is that all we can work with? If so we shouldn't waste time chatting here, we need to find out more about what's going on behind the scenes!”

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Aye, 'wasted time is wasted ale,' my people say. If we're t' be bustin' giant 'eads, I want t' know where an' when. And I wan' t' know about the lil' lass too," Granite says, stroking his beard.

Jemal

Adventurer
James looked around at those gathered, his face ashen. "It.. It will take some time to find exactly where the 'leaders' of this army are, though I think it safe to say they are undoubtedly the same beings that have caused the other recent troubles." sighing, he continued "I would suggest going straight after the head, but I simply couldn't find them in time to stop this army. Either you can go after this army.. you probably could make a difference, working together.. Or you seek out the head while the rest of us.. BOTH nations, working together, attempt to hold off the army. If the emperor regains his health, he may know what to do. "

James then stands "And as to why the rescue of 'a single woman' is so important, she is not just any woman, she is the queen's only child. She is also being held by the same people who may know how to cure the Emperor! There is a very good reason they didn't attack while he was healthy.."

He looks around at everybody "As I said, it would take me some time to find their base.. So you... all of you... have a choice to make. You can assist me in my search, or you can take your chances with the..." He stops suddenly and looks surprised for a moment.

"On second thought, we should be going after the army, right now." He smiled as if he had just realised something.

Remove ads