• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

And not it's the 20th of October...

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Considering the previos release date push back its entirely possible that this one wont be the last and the date could be pushed back to November.

Considering the previos release date push back its entirely possible that this one wont be the last and the date could be pushed back to November.

I would not be surprised. A month delay is a big chunk of time for small bugs, especially when it's the second delay.
Part of me understands that video games don't work on a schedule and a delay might mean a more polished game. Quality is worth waiting for as no one wants a buggy mess.

But if they really needed a full month of work, you'd think that'd be obvious a couple weeks back, let alone back in August when the first delayed the product. I imagine a one or two week delay is just not worth the hassle, and if you're going to delay you go the full month, gaining that even more time to squash bugs.

Gnashtooth

First Post
The game was a mess, and had a large revolt of D&D fans clamoring that it wasn't 5e. So you have people reporting software bugs, and people reporting what appear to them to be bugs because the designers aren't following the 5e rules...or any version D&D rules on most of the occasions where that sort of problem was reported.

There were many, many people demanding refunds, and much venom was spat between the D&D fans and the gamers who thought D&D was an uh...boardgame. Non-fans? I'm not sure what to call them.

It was an ugly ugly weekend.

They did right by everyone pushing the game back, and there was some delicious trolling of those who whined about it. It's always great to see others get browbeaten for their impatience, especially when the developers tell them point blank that the end result will be of higher quality.

Last edited:

Remove ads