And your favorite module writer is?

Ycore Rixle

First Post
Favorite Writer: Lance Hawvermale and Chris Perkins (it's a tie).

Favorite Module: Masks of Nyarlathotep (for Call of Cthulhu), I6 Ravenloft, Fortune Favors the Dead (this is by Lance), and Umbra (by Chris). The last two are from Dungeon magazine, going way back, somehwere between issues 80-90, I think, for FFtD, and, um, maybe 50-70 for Umbra?

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Alzrius said:
Favorite module - Return to the Tomb of Horrors

Favorite module writer - Bruce Cordell. The man is like Monte, but adds a tad bit more mechanics to the material, and tends to have surreptitious ties between his products, making them absolutely spectacular to people who record the mythology of D&D, like me.

Bruce? But...but...Heart of Nightfang Spire, for god's sake!

Not that the man isn't great at designing sourcebooks...but those core adventures he wrote... Egh. Well, Sunless Citadel was pretty good.

My favourite module writer: Mike Mearls
My favourite module: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks

Pants

First Post
Dr. Awkward said:
Bruce? But...but...Heart of Nightfang Spire, for god's sake!
Not everyone pulls winners all the time. :)

Not being a big 'module' person, I'm not sure I can really vote.

All the old Gygax adventures have quite a bit of nostalgic charm to them, but I'd never, ever run them as written.

As for my favorite: Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (the one with the not-so-haunted house and the assassin). First real game of D&D I ever played. Damn, I still remember the stirges and the rot grubs to this day. :)

Capellan

Explorer
Teflon Billy said:
Monte Cook, due to Dead Gods and Dungeon of the Fire Opal

Wasn't Dungeon of the Fire Opal written by Jonathon Tweet?

My favourite D&D module ever? Probably Old Man Katan and his Mushroom Band. Who doesn't love singing mushrooms?

Vigilance

Explorer
EGG.

Author of my FOUR favorite modules of all time:

Temple of Elemental Evil
Isle of the Ape
Tomb of Horrors
Legion of Gold (by FAR the best Gamma World module ever penned)

Chuck

Remove ads