• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anders - WTF?

Xath

Moder-gator
Anders: WtF mate?

So I think we should take some time to speculate as to what the crap Anders thought he was doing, as we have obviously lost the oppertunity to ask him.

The 'treasure' which is currently exploding appears to be some sort of drakespowder.
  • What is drakespowder doing in the leger?
  • Why was Anders moving it?
  • Did he know it was drakespowder, or did he think it was something else?
  • If so, why?
  • How do we prevent all of it from exploding in the next 6 seconds?

Then there is Anders himself.
  • Why would Anders sabatoge the city to be overrun by the draconids?
  • Did he think he was working for the king, or was he actively working for the draconids?
  • Why are all Talon Horselords such jerks?
  • What did Anders serve to gain by toppling the tower?
  • What did he serve to gain by letting Caer Albion become overrun?

Laurel

First Post
Since death finger or whatever Jansten did to him turned him into a pile o' dust we can't even speak with dead can we? Spell states the corpse talks....

Xath

Moder-gator
I don't think Finger of Death turns the body into ashes. That's how Archonus died, remember?

You're thinking of Discintegrate.

Laurel

First Post
Xath said:
I don't think Finger of Death turns the body into ashes. That's how Archonus died, remember?

You're thinking of Discintegrate.
I have no idea what the actual death spell was -reason I phrased the question as I did and called it 'death finger or whatever Jansten did'.... Jansten pointed his finger and according to Kennon a blackness seeped through him turning him to ash and then to a pile of dust (he said it more elequently obviously though)

So no I don't think it is Finger of Death then, but I don't know.

Xath

Moder-gator
Well Kennon, what spell was it? Is there still a body there? I realize that there soon won't be if we don't stop this fire. Drakespowder does nothing for the complexion.

The_Universe

First Post
I think it was Finger of Death, not disintegrate.

But I'm not sure.

For the moment, there's still a body there, burning, slumped over a burning legerbook.

Laurel

First Post
Shifty eye.... this could help solve the fire issue, but probably not solve it completely
SRD said:
Quench
Transmutation
Level: Drd 3 Components: V, S, DF Casting Time: 1 standard action Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area or Target: One 20-ft. cube/level (S) or one fire-based magic item
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None or Will negates (object)
Spell Resistance: No or Yes (object)
Quench is often used to put out forest fires and other conflagrations. It extinguishes all nonmagical fires in its area. The spell also dispels any fire spells in its area, though you must succeed on a dispel check (1d20 +1 per caster level, maximum +15) against each spell to dispel it. The DC to dispel such spells is 11 + the caster level of the fire spell.

Each elemental (fire) creature within the area of a quench spell takes 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 15d6, no save allowed).

Alternatively, you can target the spell on a single magic item that creates or controls flame. The item loses all its fire-based magical abilities for 1d4 hours unless it succeeds on a Will save. (Artifacts are immune to this effect.)

Xath

Moder-gator
That's perfect! The fire, though magical in origin, is now non-magical. It should solve the problems. Does L'Aurel have it prepared?

Remove ads