• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Angel - 4/30 (SPOILERS)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Angelsboi said:
If anyone wants to know the full story, ill divulge

I'm not interested in spoilers for the future, but a somewhat more detailed reminder of what lila said about that contract in the past would be cool, if you have that info handy.

RatPunk

First Post
Lucius Foxhound said:

I thought they all opened the door to find Angel and she was standing there outside?

You are correct. The gang was on their way out the front door to find Angel and/or Cordy. When they opened the door, Lyla was standing there.

Angelsboi

First Post
It looked like they turned around and she was int heir office.

The contract:

Lilah was talking to the asian guy and someone else (Angel i believe) back in 2nd or 3rd season. She mentioned that when you work for Wolfram and Hart, you dont stop. Ever. She admited to selling her soul and she would continue to be around a very long time.

And Lilah was a great character. She was downright evil but she fell in love and she struggled with that. The conversation Wesley had with lilah in the basement moved me to tears

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
This was truly one those episodes that made you go "Wow!" From beginning to end. While I admit, I've never been that big a fan of Conner, this espisode changed my opinion of him a good bit. Will it stay? No idea. But give me more of that, I'll be happy with it. The whole Jasmine dying/Lyla coming back just worries the hell out of me. One idea I have is maybe Lyla is back but not in the service of the W&H. By that I mean this really isn't Lyla but much like Brimstone. (The epsidose with the Angel) Perhaps this is just some way of introducing some new power. Or not. No idea. I do hope the rumors of them picking up Angel works out.

Lucius Foxhound

First Post
Oh, I think Lilah's definitely working for W&H. After all, she thanked Angel for ending world peace! Only W&H would be happy about that.

Plus, it was obviously in W&H's interests to kill Jasmine... not only did her beast destroy their office, but how do you have an apocolypse when everyone is her willing slave?

Hmm... perhaps Lilah will help the team fight against W&H, but if she's back, then she pretty much owes W&H her soul, no?

Staffan

Legend
Lucius Foxhound said:
An the ending was very cool! Like me, I'm sure most people thought it was Cordy come back... but I'm pretty sure it's the First come to L.A. Let's not forget that Wes chopped up Lyla's body! I can't wait till next week!!!
Back in season 2, Angel ran into Holland Manners in W&H's elevator to hell. This was a bit surprising, considering he was killed along with several other W&H people by Darla and Drusilla (and Angel let them - "Somehow, I just can't seem to care."), but Holland explained that the contracts of W&H employees extend well beyond their death. The same would go for Lilah.

Mercury

First Post
Ok, I have been quiet and lurking for far to long, so here is what I noticed.

Lilah did not "open" the blinds in the preview for next week. We see her resting against the front of her desk as the blinds open(she has nothing in her hands). She starts to move from her resting position. Next, they cut to Angel saying "I'm not bursting into flames." Cut back to Lilah standing in front of the window as it continues opening. What this means I have no clue, but it doesn't prove she isn't the first. Personally, I just think she should come back as Holland Manners did in Season 2.

Next thing, who was the lady in the elvator with Gunn in the preview for next week. It looked vaguly like his dead, and dusted, sister. It wasn't similar enough to warrant that is was the First, but I was just wondering.

And for furture referance, the episode with Holland Manners returning was 2x15 "Reprise." He says "Oh no, I'm quiet dead, unfortunatly my contract with Wolfram and Hart extends well beyond that."

I will also try to dig up what episode Lilah goes into her contract terms as well.......

DanMcS

Explorer
Yeah, that was a killer storm. The lightning started to get bad right about 10:55, and I was sure it would go out right before the last minute shocker angel always has :)

But it didn't, and I got the whole thing on tape. You going to be at capcon this weekend? I'll loan it to you, and you can give it back to me at the gameday or something.

Remove ads