• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Another "blame it on D&D" story

Quantum

First Post
MY wife will probably murder me today. I downloaded the Transformer's Animated movie soundtrack from the 80's, with songs like "the Touch."

I am playing it while she's cooking dinner now. I am getting looks. And she has knives.

INSTRUMENTS OF DESTRUCTION!

Just wait until she shouts LEROY JENKINS and starts pillaging you.

:devil:

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Let's be clear about this. It's not just Dungeons and Dragons that caused this murder, but the FOURTH edition in particular. This never would have happened if WotC had just kept updating 3.5. At least we have Pathfinder now, which personally saved my cat from a burning building. You know who set the fire? A copy of the 4e boxed set. Those things are evil.

:lol:

I blame all the gangsta rap music about 4e. Do you know they want to play 4e in prisons now too? For the first time in 30 years, I'm writing my congressman about this wicked game!

Pathfinder, on the other hand, has ended world hunger and brought about world peace.

B-)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This is a trick question because you were the only black person at the last Dallas Stars game, right? :lol: ;)

B-)

Not quite...though I did overcount at one point when I mistook an empty seat for another one of us.;)

Side note- due to February being Black History Month in the USA, the NHL had a commercial/PSA out that just shows a brief (and incomplete) history of black players in the NHL, dating back to Willie O'Ree who became hockey's version of Jackie Robinson on Jan. 18, 1958.

NHL and Black History Month - NHLmaniac - Videos - US Daily Sports

BTW...the search for a link to that commercial resulted in a hit on stormfront.org. Apparently, the White Supremacists out there are miffed that black people are starting to play hockey in visible numbers.

Paradox

First Post
Actually, to call the Herald a "tabloid" is being a bit generous.

Say a politician says something stupid. They'll run a front page story, with the person's image wearing a dunce cap. And we're not talking quality photoshop job. It looks like someone cut out a photo of a dunce cap and put it there.

Back in 2004 when the Red Sox won the World Series, a woman was killed by a police's non-lethal weapon. Hit her in the eye and killed her. The Herald put the photo of her body laying in the street right on the front page. Real classy.

It should be noted that no other Boston area station (or national news organization) that I'm aware of ran any sort of similar story.

Indeed, one Boston station pointed out the Herald's lack of good judgement on printing such a non-story. (It was suggested that maybe the killer read the Herald. Draw your own conclusions.)

Remove ads