Another *speculation* stat block : Ice dragon

Exen Trik

First Post
From the first thread on this, it seems Skip linked to this beastie as "interesting speculation" which garners it a closer look in my book.

Tail Slash Cone 6, +33 Con vs. Ref; 2d6+36 & 2d6 cold
This makes me smile. :) Although, I would expect it to be modified by Str, not Con.

Freezing Critical Free, on critical hit that deals cold damage, +33 Con vs Fort; Slow and reduce speed to 0 for 1 round
Frostbite Swift, when successfully dealing cold damage to opponent, +33 Con vs. Fort; Slow 3 rounds
Conditional swift actions, lovely! I think that will get a lot of use in 4e, actually. Martial maneuvers can use it as well as monsters, and we'll see a bit of that in magic items too, mark my words.

Li Shenron

Legend
About the attacks, I think that the tail slash as a cone area attack is a very nice idea. Claws and bite are a bit redundant instead, they could just deal the same damage and it will be simpler.

Li Shenron

Legend
FlameFrost said:
Senses Dragonsenses, Perception +20

Once again , we see a special denotation of senses ( comparable to nethersight with the spined devil), but I have no idea where they get +20 perception ( wisdom gets us +18 , but where does the other +2 come from ?)

Perception must be a skill (combined Spot+Listen) for opposed checks vs Stealth and to notice things.

FlameFrost said:
As we already suspected , the stat bonusses are the v3.5 stat mods+1/2LVL

My guess that the level bonus is to ability checks and not an increase to ability bonuses (which would count to many other things like spells), but YMMV.

Remove ads