• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anthony Valterra breaks his silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

GentleGiant

Explorer
Take another look

For those who want to take a peek at what kind of pictures Hypnox is doing for the book, visit his site again. On the front page there is a link to a page where you can see an female elf fighter - http://www.hypnox.com

seasong

First Post
ColonelHardisson said:
Any relation to Gene, by any chance?
At some point in our mutual family trees, I'm sure there's a connection. But other than that, I don't know him from Eve :).

kenjib

First Post
ValterraFromHome said:

1) That was the intention and BoVD is my model on alot of the things I am doing PR and marketing wise. Once again I am rethinking that strategy.

Thanks for answering all of my questions! While I really frown very strongly against such tactics, I must say that your honesty and candor has really impressed me. I do still find it upsetting, though, that you would attempt to increase confusion, tension, and argument within the community so as to increase profit margin, but hey, I guess unfortunately it's standard practice in the media world.

RigaMortus

Explorer
1) How can I join or start a sect for the Church of the Blood Red Moon?

2) Will there be spells in your book such as "Detect Homosexual" or "Smite Homosexual" (and "Smite Hetrosexual" as well of course)? Fiery Balls? Summon Sex Slave?

3) Do you actually feel that there is a NEED for the Book of Erotic Fantasy? Or that most campaigns seem to be lacking this type of information and that there is an actual desire for it?

4) Have you done any market research about this topic before you decided to start the venture? If so, care to share some facts (such as formal/informal polls you may done) with us?

PS - By formal/informal I mean (a) did you get a general opinion of your friends to see if they thought it was a good idea or (b) did you ask random gamers. Hope my question is clear here...

5) One more question that I forgot to ask; going back to the whole cult/church thing. What is with the name? What does "Blood Red Moon" have to do with a bunch of people that want to learn about tantric sex (or whatever sex information you were trying to learn about).

Last edited:

Shadowdancer

First Post
psionotic said:

Maybe I'm just a suspicious cynic, but after hearing those exact words, repeated over and over in the exact same way, I'm not so sure I believe them.

It kind of reminds me of Marc Anthony's burial speech in Julius Caesar, where he keeps referring to Cassius and Brutus by saying, "But these are all honorable men...", while of course meaning quite the opposite.

Maybe for legal reasons, that's the only thing he CAN say -- publicly.

Christian

Explorer
ValterraFromHome said:
There will definitely be some hunky male images. Not as many as women but definitely some. And some that are neither or both.

'Neither or both.' Ah, the beauty of the marriage between fantasy and erotica ... It can be a uniquely disturbing beauty, but beauty nevertheless ...

(No questions, just felt like waxing rhapsodic. :D )

[edit]Had to respond to Dr. H's sig ...

An old Texas cattleman finally laid down his burden one night. Waking up dead the next morning, he opens his eyes to see an endless vista of dry prairie, hot wind, and tumbleweeds. He gets up and walks for hours, until he finally sees the Great Gates in the distance. Approaching the gatekeeper, he says, "Say, St. Peter, I can't help but notice that Heaven looks just like Texas!" The reply: "Number one, I'm not Saint Peter, and number two, you obviously have no idea where you are!"[/edit]

Last edited:

wjc3

First Post
Re: A Heads Up

mythusmage said:
If you use a third party browser (such as iCab for the Macintosh) be aware that Valar Projects uses forum software that is only compatible with the big two bloatbrowsers.

I just read and posted in those forums using Opera, and it worked fine.

takyris

First Post
Hey, a minor nitpick, and perhaps I'm wrong, but Seasong, is this the first sentence that you are calling passive?

"A generation of fantasy roleplaying game enthusiasts grew up wondering what the elf maiden looked like without those gauzy robes. "

That's actually not passive voice, by the definition with which I'm familiar. Passive voice would have been saying... "It was wondered what the elf maiden would look like without the gauzy robes by a generation of fantasy roleplaying game enthusiasts."

It's arguably not the most direct hook into the story, but unless there are alternate definitions of passive voice, that ain't it.

-Tacky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads