• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anthony Valterra breaks his silence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mourn said:
Why is this book so controversial? Sex is natural. Why should some of the most basic desires of the human body be controversial?

Hustler says it best...

Relax... it's just sex.
but there is a difference between sex, procreation, fetish, and erotica..
Ken

The Little Raven

First Post
Joseph Elric Smith said:

but there is a difference between sex, procreation, fetish, and erotica..
Ken

Not particularly.

Sex is merely the act by which we procreate. Fetish and erotica are sexual aids, to enhance the pleasure gained from sex.

I've dabbled in them, but I'm nowhere near the sexual independent that Anthony is. However, I still see no reason for this to be considered taboo.

For such a "progressive" country, we are certainly archaic and narrow-minded when it comes to the oldest form of interaction between two people.

La Bete

First Post
Aaaaaaaarg!!!!!

Not to sound grumpy, but could we keep this on topic?

As in Q&A with Anthony Valterra?

Posts to-ing and fro-ing about what peoples individual attitude towards sex/p0rn/fetshes/cultural norms, etc, etc, etc are what led to all the other threads on the BoEF being closed....

AV: My congratulations to you on surviving (so far) a rather torrid baptism of fire with your new product. Good luck.

Cheers

Wayside

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Why controversy?

SemperJase said:

I don't see it. The lighting isn't all that intriguing, the composition is awkward and the nudity is just...there.
But then again, that's just my take on it.

Heaven forbid nudity should be anything but just there. Anyway, for what it's worth, I showed the page to one professional photographer, who again thought some of the pictures were amazing. I imagine you didn't look through them all (there are a few hundred up, many of which are tired, while, again, some are great), but if you did then I suppose your view speaks to a fundamental difference in outlook between the average resident of California and that of Colorado :D .

jdavis

First Post
La Bete said:
Aaaaaaaarg!!!!!

Not to sound grumpy, but could we keep this on topic?

As in Q&A with Anthony Valterra?

Posts to-ing and fro-ing about what peoples individual attitude towards sex/p0rn/fetshes/cultural norms, etc, etc, etc are what led to all the other threads on the BoEF being closed....

AV: My congratulations to you on surviving (so far) a rather torrid baptism of fire with your new product. Good luck.

Cheers

Yes start a new thread to discuss this stuff in, I'll be happy to join in .....till it gets out of hand and gets shut down again, but please stay on topic in this thread so it doesn't get closed. This is questions for Anthony Valterra not what I believe 101. THere have been a half dozen threads in the last week to discuss the other stuff in, this one is for Q&A.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Close the deal......

To Anthony and all discussers.......

Lets' wrap this up...please, honestly, the furor has come and gone.

Just talking about it now.....is dragging, sorry for the negative 'talk', but there is so much can be say on one book, so much can be ask on specifics. After all this....no matter what, who says what in the postive or negative.

The book will be printed, and it will sell, that's the bottom line.

Everyone can agree on that, right?

Like I said before, in many other posts, I will buy it, look, and put away.

That is plain truth.

How much more of the truth can be dragged?

Attachments

• 1118_01.gif
    1118_01.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 446

Folks,
Unless there are more questions I'm willing to call this a wrap. I have had numerous interview requests from a number of website and magazines so you will undoubtedly see more from me in the coming months. Also please feel free to ask the more prickly questions at our website www.valarproject.com.

I want to say thank-you to all invloved in this discussion. Its ability to stay rationale and reasonable proves my thesis that gamers are mature adults who can interact with each other in a conscious and sensitive manner.

AV

Mirth

Explorer
Anthony Valterra said:
Folks,
Unless there are more questions I'm willing to call this a wrap. I have had numerous interview requests from a number of website and magazines so you will undoubtedly see more from me in the coming months. Also please feel free to ask the more prickly questions at our website www.valarproject.com.

I want to say thank-you to all invloved in this discussion. Its ability to stay rationale and reasonable proves my thesis that gamers are mature adults who can interact with each other in a conscious and sensitive manner.

AV

Actually, it's www.valarprojects.com. That's twice you've gotten it wrong, but I'm not gonna hold it against ya :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads