• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anthony Valterra breaks his silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoweel

First Post
It's not so much religious discussion, PC, but social commentary.

Just calling it as I see it.

Personally I couldn't care less how people feel about certain religions. You know me. :D

SemperJase

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Why controversy?

Wayside said:

"This site is #!%@ing amazing! How in the world did you find it? Some of these are just stunning, incredible."

I don't see it. The lighting isn't all that intriguing, the composition is awkward and the nudity is just...there.
But then again, that's just my take on it.

KingOfChaos said:
My only question..

This isn't going to be F.A.T.A.L. for D20 is it? We aren't going to have rules for hymen resistance or anything like that, right?

Gag! No! And no penis size or breast size tables either. Bleah!

AV

William Ronald said:
I think it might be wise to cut out the religious discussion and the questions about the family life of posters. No need to risk getting people angry, or annoying the moderators.

So, far, I think this thread has been much calmer than some of the others.

Now for some questions for Anthony Valterra and any other representatives of the Valar Project:

1)How long have you thought of creating a book like the BoEF, and what lead to that decision?

2)You mentioned that different races and cultures could well have different attitudes towards sexual practices. Do you think that different sexual practices/family structures for different races are one of the strong points of the book. (In human societies, a large range of sexual practices and family structures have been noted by sociologists and other observers.)

3)Will future Valar Project releases try to show different ways to differentiate human and non-human cultures. (Political structures, economics, laws, rituals, et cetera.) I have long thought that having diverse societies in a campaign setting tends to add to the flavor and realism of a setting.

4)Does the Valar Project plan to produce a campaign setting?

5)Any planned releases beyone the BoEF for late 2003 or early 2004?

1) Well "thought" about it for a long time. Even back when Ryan Dancey was still in charge. But actually took the initiative to begin seeing if it was a possibility last December.
2) You should probably adress this question to Gwen but generally you are on the right track.
3) I don't honestly know - depends on how this book does.
4) I really really want to. Once again depending on what happens with BoEF.
5) nothing currently planned.

Anyone who wants to help this product out can do so by going to their local book, comic or game store and urging the retaielr to carry BoEF. If the retailer doesn't know what distributor to ask tell them to call Diamond/Alliance.

AV

Staffan

Legend
Anthony Valterra said:
Gag! No! And no penis size or breast size tables either. Bleah!
Breast size, for those interested, will likely be covered in Mongoose's upcoming Macho Women With Guns d20. At least if they're going to make it like the original game.

Snoweel

First Post
Staffan said:

Breast size, for those interested, will likely be covered in Mongoose's upcoming Macho Women With Guns d20. At least if they're going to make it like the original game.

Does that mean they'll stick with the old formula for areolae diameter?

(CON+CHA)/9 inches diameter.

I mean, it doesn't mesh well with the d20 system, but it's such a sacred cow... Imagine the outcry if they changed it!!!!

Last edited:

Staffan

Legend
In the original MWWG RPG, bust size is equal to the Looks stat times 3 in inches, or times 4 if you have the "Topheavy" disadvantage (which gives you problems leaning forward unless supported, as well as increase the chance of being hit in the chest). An "average" is 10, with 18 being described as "Godlike" and 19 as "Godesslike".

The Little Raven

First Post
Why is this book so controversial? Sex is natural. Why should some of the most basic desires of the human body be controversial?

Hustler says it best...

Relax... it's just sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads