Any content-creation GM foundry forums out there?

Ry

Explorer
One thing I catch myself doing is coming to EN World, looking for new content ideas for my game, and then spending hours reading threads that aren't really about that. Can anyone suggest a good forum that's focused on creating and showing game content?

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I occasionally lobby in Meta for them to change the Rogues Gallery forum to a People, Places, and Plots forum, but never to much effect.

Ry

Explorer
Kid Charlemagne said:
I occasionally lobby in Meta for them to change the Rogues Gallery forum to a People, Places, and Plots forum, but never to much effect.

That would be a great change...

Woas

First Post
I do the same thing bro. I used to browse some of those "1001 suchandsuch" threads over at the WotC boards for the same reason, but stopped cause usually they die out at around the 30th entry or so and 25 of the 30 entries were just younger kids posting absurd artifacts of unimaginable evil.

The only thing I could suggest is, an ENWorlder here has some "huge list of useful thread" post that gets updated once in a blue moon. I used to have that post bookmarked, but after several computer reinstalls an an entirely new computer I have lost that thread. And I'm not sure it is stickied or anything so it always gets lost on like the 9th deminsion of these boards.

Maybe someone knows the one I am talking about? And I agree that a forum like the one suggested would be marvelous.

rycanada said:
One thing I catch myself doing is coming to EN World, looking for new content ideas for my game, and then spending hours reading threads that aren't really about that. Can anyone suggest a good forum that's focused on creating and showing game content?

Or is this a need for a filter, so you don't spend as much time just reading?

Ry

Explorer
I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated forum for this out there. I just have no interest in so many of the threads that fall under "general" but I think even if there was a filter most wouldn't know to use it. Whereas if Rogue's Gallery was renamed as suggested above, it would be a lot clearer.

EricNoah

Adventurer
People, Places and Plots did in fact used to exist on one version of these forums. I think it saw very little use and little traffic. People would start threads there and they would just sit. So folks were encouraged to put setting and plot stuff in General where at least they would see the light of day for a while.

JohnnFour

Explorer
rycanada said:
Can anyone suggest a good forum that's focused on creating and showing game content?

What kind of content are you looking for? Maybe we could start a few collaborative threads this week?

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
EricNoah said:
People, Places and Plots did in fact used to exist on one version of these forums. I think it saw very little use and little traffic. People would start threads there and they would just sit. So folks were encouraged to put setting and plot stuff in General where at least they would see the light of day for a while.

I think it was Plots and Places - the seperate Rogues Gallery forum has been there for as long as I remember. I don't think that adding the extra stuff to the RG would dilute that forum too much...

Remove ads