any players of collectable or vintage games (OD&D, Etc.) here?

Theuderic

First Post
Dinkeldog said:
Hey, Ermanaric, of course there are.

It's likely, given how recently you started the 1st Edition defense thread that most of those have already made it over to Dragonsfoot where there are a ton more resources for previous editions, though. Morrus really has enough on his plate trying to keep up with 3E/d20, don't you agree?

Considering some of the off topics I've seen on this board I don't think there is anything wrong with asking people if they play a certain type of game. I never said just D&D this includes any out of print game. Morrus, if you think this thread is out of line then please contact me and we can work it out hopefully. My aim isn't to defend any game. I have seen threads posted on this board dealing with things far further off topic than out of print games ( even some humour or things that are not related to RPGs at all ). I'm sorry if I have caused you reason for concern.

Last edited:

As for collecting, for me it would have to be Battletech. I have every book, novel and boxset except for the original Battledroids, Battletech 3rd edition box, Battletech Reinforcements 2, and two of the mapsets (although it doesn't mean I'm not still hunting them down ;) )

Only problem is that during my zeal one time, I accidentily won two auctions for the rare "Star League" book on eBay for around $90-100 a pop... :(

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
i collect all the 1E modules...to me the information in there is priceless and some of them tend to have more lee way when running them than the 3E counterparts..

Theuderic said:
90-100 dollars each? That's a lot! I've played Battletech but I've never heard of that book before.

Yeah, it's a book I was looking for more than a decade, and suddenly there were a flush of them on eBay. It's basically one of those original "House books" but for the Star League before the Succession Wars.

Thanks for this thread however: went and managed to win a Battletech 3rd edition set on eBay last night. ;) One down, four more items to go... :D

Dr. NRG

First Post
Cosmic Encounters and Illuminati... not really RPGs, but old and fun. Still have a Gamma World laying around, but don't play it. James Bond RPG - d100 type.

Remove ads