• No! Never! Wouldn't want to

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Never have, but would want to

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I have, but wouldn't again

Votes: 11 14.5%

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I don't have any particular problem with hunting*, I just know I'm too much of a softie to kill an animal.

*other than the usual small number of annual idiots who don't actually see what they are shooting at and end up shooting some innocent person instead.

Dungannon

First Post
I grew up in a hunting family, started shooting when I was ten, took hunter-safety courses before I became a teenager, and spent many fall vacations bonding with my dad & step-brother in the woods. Unfortunately life has intervened and I haven't been hunting in about ten years. I hope I can get back to it and teach my kids the joys of the outdoors.

And as an aside, I am definitely a "game" hunter and not a "trophy" hunter. I have very little respect for those that go out simply to kill the largest animal they can for the hide or the rack and have no intention of using the meat.

I don't really, but I love eating the spoils of a hunt. Venison is far superior to beef, IMO.

And I am pretty anti-Vegan/vegatarian. If I haven't had meat with my meal, and usually a lot of it, I feel like I haven't actually eaten anything.

Davek

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
I don't really, but I love eating the spoils of a hunt. Venison is far superior to beef, IMO.

And I am pretty anti-Vegan/vegatarian. If I haven't had meat with my meal, and usually a lot of it, I feel like I haven't actually eaten anything.

There are two kinds of creatures in this world, Predator and Prey.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I came from a "hunting family" - Dad used to hunt deer and quail, and he was county-wide known for preparing saturday lunches for the local hunting club. I hunted small game (squirrel, rabbit, quail), never hunted deer, and I've fished a bit.

Nowadays, city boy that I am, I have no reason and no desire to, plus my wife objects, so it's all the more reason not to. I don't have moral or philosophical objections, but can't see myself doing it, because it's just not "me."

the Jester

Legend
Humm, there's not a good answer for me.

I don't hunt, never have, don't especially want to; but under the right circumstances- if I moved somewhere where I needed to, or where I could get really good wild game, I might.

Remove ads