• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anybody else here hunt?

Do you hunt?

• I do!

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • No! Never! Wouldn't want to

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Never have, but would want to

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I have, but wouldn't again

Votes: 11 14.5%

Harmon

First Post
Use to hunt back when I was a kid (I was 18 or 19 the last time I went). Wild boar was my preferred animal, as was bear. Deer just seemed to easy. Hunted mountain lion when it was legal, never killed one though (we always just took pictures of them).

Hunting boar at night, with dogs and a knife. Get in close, throw the pig and stick him in the heart. There are few thrills that match it. Course its illegal to hunt at night, but not to concerned about that now- its been a few years.

Hunting bear and lion we took more pictures then got kills. Boar we kinda had to kill because of the way we hunted. Deer- like I said, to easy.

Aeolius

Adventurer
My two older brothers used to go hunting with my grandfather, when we were kids. I never developed a liking for guns or killing animals. That, and I don't care for the taste of bird meat.

As for deer.... DeerCam

painandgreed

First Post
I used to do lots of small game hunting as a kid (dove, rabbit, squirrel, etc.) but haven't done any in a long time*. I'd like to go big game hunting and get a caribu or something just for the meat and to use some of my rifles, but that would require using vacation time that is better spent in Europe.

*Unless you count WW2 re-enacting when I'm stalking Germans in the woods dressed as a Brit para with my Enfield.

Scotley

Hero
I enjoy it, but like face to face DnD games I just don't have the time for it anymore. I like being out in the wild and watching all the animals. I even like sitting in a tree before the sun comes up. Its a great experience for a city boy like me. I hope to share it with my sons. Even if they don't become hunters I think the time in the wilderness is a good thing.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Harmon said:
...Wild boar was my preferred animal, as was bear....Hunted mountain lion...Hunting boar at night...Hunting bear and lion...

Would your last name be Crockett or Boone, by chance? ;)

Harmon

First Post
Henry said:
Would your last name be Crockett or Boone, by chance? ;)

LOL- Umm, no. ;)

Started hunting really early in life, and continued into my late teens. Found I liked the hunt more then the kill, though I loved the taste of the wild (boar, bear, deer, elk, etc) meats more then the store bought meats (beef, chicken, fish, etc) any day.

Go OUTSIDE during Hunting Season!!!!

Are you CRAZY?!?!?

I live in an area of the country where the Farmers spray paint the sides of their cattle with C-O-W during hunting season! And they STILL have cows get shot. And Goats. And Scarecrows. And Alpacas (happened a few years ago). Oh Yeah. OTHER HUNTERS.

Too many drunk, trigger happy idiots out there for me. (I have no problem with trained, SOBER hunters; I'm just scared of teh drunk ones).

Beer+Guns+Beer+Ammo+Bear+Early Mornings+Beer+Beer+Jack Daniels isn't a combo I want to think about on 5 in the morning.

(Really, too many hunters around here, if forced between more ammo or more beer, would chose the more beer).

Quickbeam

Explorer
I went a few times with my father before he passed away, but not any time recently. However, a few months ago I was part of a small group that my boss arranged to have attend a private lesson with one of the world's foremost wingshooting experts, Jack Mitchell. It was amazing!!!

I'd only shot rifles and handguns before, mostly at target ranges. I'd never even held a shotgun prior to the lesson. But after a few minutes of listening to Mr. Mitchell, everything just flowed.

Remove ads