• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone interested in a True20 Star Wars PbP?

Insight

Adventurer
I'd really like to try this out, and if no one else is willing to run it, I may. Just need to see who is interested in playing in such a game.

Just be forewarned that the conversion will take at least a week given my current workload. I would then produce a conversion document to distribute to all interested parties.

Animus

Explorer
Insight said:
Here is an interesting thread about Star Wars for True20.

I am aware of that thread, and I fact I have posted on it! I have consolidated some notes from that very location, and added a couple of my own ideas. a True 20 Star Wars game is easy enough to do. The feel is much better than standard d20, IMHO.

Insight

Adventurer
Animus said:
I am aware of that thread, and I fact I have posted on it! I have consolidated some notes from that very location, and added a couple of my own ideas. a True 20 Star Wars game is easy enough to do. The feel is much better than standard d20, IMHO.

It almost has to be! D20 is about as far from a Star Wars feel as you can get.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind helping with the Force powers!

Last edited:

Animus

Explorer
A copy-paste from the True 20 boards, with minor tweaking from me :):

Here's a list of possible powers for Star Wars.

Definite Jedi powers, beyond any real question:
[sblock]
Combat Sense,
Cure (at -10 for lethal),
Elemental Blast (Force Lightning)
Enhance Ability,
Harm (Force Grip),
Move Object,
Manipulate Object,
Scrying (with some limitations),
Second Sight,
Sense Minds,
Suggestion,
Supernatural Speed,
Visions.
[/sblock]
Likely-seeming Jedi powers that we have no hard evidence for:
[sblock]
Bliss,
Body Control,
Calm,
Enhance Other,
Ghost Touch,
Heart Reading,
Heart Shaping,
Illusion (though limited),
Object Reading,
Pain (dark side),
Sleep,
Ward
[/sblock]
Powers that seem to suit the setting, though not the Jedi - other Force-using traditions might go in for these:
[sblock]
Beast Link,
Cure Disease,
Cure Poison,
Flesh Shaping,
Light Shaping,
Mind Reading,
Nature Reading,
Plant Shaping,
Psychic Blast,
Psychic Weapon,
Truth-Reading,
Weather Shaping.
[/sblock]

Powers that just plain don't work:
[sblock]
Any of the Teleport and dimensional stuff: Apport, Phase, Plane Shift, Teleport, etc.

Any of the heavier telepathic stuff: Mind Probe, Mind Shaping, Psychic Reflection, Psychic Trap, etc. Even Mind Reading and Psychic Blast are borderline. Psychic Weapon "feels" a little closer to being right, though.

Flashy elemental stuff: Fire Shaping, Earth Shaping, Elemental Aura, etc.

Imbue Life and Imbue Unlife: For obvious reasons.

Computer Link doesn't make sense because machines don't interact with the Force. (Droid characters, if permitted, might be able to take this power as a Favored Feat, though.) Likewise, Severance makes no sense for the setting. As I said, if you cut someone off from the Force, wouldn't they die?
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
How open are we (should we be) to powers and material from the Dark Side and Jedi books? I rather like the Dark Side book, and don't own the Jedi book.

And I realize this question may involve some discussion of the era used. A Rebellion-era game would most likely obviate any question of the PCs having access to the majority of these powers.

And, of course, we would need to decide how Force users gain access to Powers. If we go strictly by how True20 characters access powers, that would work mechanically, though most Force users would have very few powers. There are many ways around this, however, depending on how open you are to tinkering with the system.

Last edited:

Animus

Explorer
Well,

If we're going to continue to discuss rules, we should move this discussion to another forum. If we're actually talk about a PbP game, then I suggest somebody step up and give us the chance to play. I have two Eberron games I'm running, and I figure that is going to take up all the time I have for being a PbP GM. Otherwise, I'd give it a go.

Insight

Adventurer
Animus said:
Well,

If we're going to continue to discuss rules, we should move this discussion to another forum. If we're actually talk about a PbP game, then I suggest somebody step up and give us the chance to play. I have two Eberron games I'm running, and I figure that is going to take up all the time I have for being a PbP GM. Otherwise, I'd give it a go.

OK, let's do this. I'll propose to run a game. We need between 3 and 5 players. It looks like we have 2-3 players rummaging around in this thread, so we may be good on players. I need everyone interested in such a game to post as such here, and what era they would like to play. I'll state right out that I prefer Rebellion era, but I can do another era if need be. I only want interest at this point - no characters. I'll set up a different thread to actually solicit character concepts.

Remove ads