• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone picked up True Sorcery?

rjs

First Post
Hey guys,

We're aware of the problem and we have our electronic gurus looking into it to see what happened. We should have an update soon.

Thanks!

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Thanks for the heads up, it is greatly appreciated.

For all you "no double failure" folks out there, how about a compromise?
True Sorcery said:
Each round, the spellcaster can make a spellcasting check as a standard action (or a ritualcasting check once per minute) and apply the result of the check toward the MT. When the check total equals or exceeds the MT, the spell effect occurs and the caster takes drain as normal (it’s recommended that the casting buffer optional rule described on page 19 be used).
So now the casting DC is a cumulative check, with no chance of failure if the mage is willing to spend enough time on it. Of course, DMs shouldn't allow checks that can't be successful in one try, unless they want first level characters casting epic spells.

So, how does that idea strike you folks?

iwatt

First Post
rjs said:
Hey guys,

We're aware of the problem and we have our electronic gurus looking into it to see what happened. We should have an update soon.

Thanks!

:) My laziness has payed off. I'd put off downloading the update

JohnSnow

Hero
ValhallaGH said:
So now the casting DC is a cumulative check, with no chance of failure if the mage is willing to spend enough time on it. Of course, DMs shouldn't allow checks that can't be successful in one try, unless they want first level characters casting epic spells.

So, how does that idea strike you folks?

Of course, one could also just require concentration checks to keep going...

Which would allow the characters to stretch...but still make the epic spells totally impossible.

I was pondering something like that for Iron Heroes. I think it interacts better with the mechanic for mana tokens than the set casting time based on (DC - spellcraft) thing.

But that may just be me.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
ruleslawyer said:
What are the changes to the IH section, besides mana tokens granting a flat +10/token to Spellcraft checks?
Go back to the IH board, it's been covered in some detail. Plus, this thread is supposed to be for more general RPG usage. ;)

JohnSnow

Hero
You'll have to ask Rob or someone else from Green Ronin that question. For my own use, I'm making use of the pdf's until the bound printing is released. I don't generally print up my own copies of pdf releases.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads