AoW - Team Diamond Lake -OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ok TDL this is your OOC for AoW! hmm.. maybe I should stop with that LOL - opps! :p

Team Diamond Lake:

Axel - human Cleric of Pelor2
fireinthedust - elf Ranger1/Wizard1
Shayuri - human Sorcerer2 (undead bloodline)
ghostcat - half-elf Ranger(trapper)2

Let me get the other OOC up and I need space for houserules but besides that this thread is all yours.

HM

LINKS:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/296380-whispering-cairn-team-diamond-lake-ic.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/295614-age-worms-character-spot.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/295584-age-worms-ap-pathfinder-system-full-sorry.html

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
*strecthes* Ahhh.... so good to have a bit more room to play around in. I like the nearly all human group, works nicely.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
That it does now all we need to do is figured out how each PC knows some of the others. Here is what I have come up with based on backgrounds so far, (and what is leftover).

Code:
         Sorcerer
       /        /      
   Cleric    Ranger(elf)
      l
 Ranger(half-elf)
      l
  Rogue

Now if it need not be a great friendship for what I am planning for this group just a I talked to this guy (gal) once and they seem ok. Or it could be you are bffs that is all up to you.

But with the above tree I'm thinking the cleric will wish to explore the Whispering Carin (why to be introduced IC) but doesn't think it wise to do so alone. He asks the Sorcerer and Ranger (half-elf) and tells them to bring "one more" if they know someone - which they do.

Let's play with this for now unless anyone has a better idea.

HM

_

fireinthedust

Explorer
I'm good with that. Avren would spend some time with Aria/Shayuri, trying to figure her out, and could even have been there when the Cleric came by to ask for her help.

QUESTION: what world are we in? Like, are we literally on Oerth/Greyhawk? Or are we in a homebrew world? I don't know much about the world of Greyhawk, so it doesn't make a big difference. Only the generic D&D mythology stuff (ie: demonomicon, Mordenkainen, Free City, Castle Greyhawk having dungeons, and the Great Wheel cosmology, etc.).

Is there an elven kingdom, or are they small hamlets, or what?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I know little of Greyhawk myself and it looks like you know more than me. I play alot of homebrewed stuff or in Dragonlance. The world around the adventure will be mostly fluff with the place you are at being most important.

But we can say we are in Greyhawk and use what we need and add what we need to make the world are own. So if you need an elven nation please add what you wish for RPs sake.

Also your character is going wizard at lvl 2 are you saying he was taught a little before hand and then finishes his studies. Or do you wish to have a mentor (which there could be in Diamond Lake).

HM

_

fireinthedust

Explorer
Elven nation I get to make up, let me think... okay!

Mentor: He was taught before. Wizardry should, in theory, take years to master. The trick to this is that, as soon as I start level 2, I'm going to want a Spellbook and a Masterwork sword as a bonded weapon. Should we say that my current sword is good enough, and I get the benefit when I reach Wizard, or do I start with a Masterwork sword right now? I don't have a high to-hit compared to what I could have with STR + weapon focus (and admittedly, I'm looking at a different build and drooling right now... I might switch over to human or half-elf if it's not too late!)

He's got a book with him right now, an I have the spells chosen but not technically in the book just yet.

Could he have friendly relations with the local Wizard?

s@squ@tch

First Post
If Zeke did not know any of the others from his childhood, which in a small town such as Diamond Lake, seems improbable to not know any of them, then his first meeting with Aria would have been at the head priests' side, trying to minister to her soul.

He would have been amazed to see his mentor fail in banishing all traces of undeath from a living being, and would have viewed Aria, at first, almost like a failed science experiment.

Zeke lives a fairly spartan life, because of his sparse upbringing, and spends all of his days within the temple, with occasional jaunts outside the walls on errands for the head priest.

renau1g

First Post
I had an idea I mentioned in the previous thread about Zeke and Jules. Zeke's 7 years younger than Jules, so they certainly wouldn't have been childhood acquitances. You mentioned Zeke was one of a bunch of kids right? So, perhaps one of your older brothers would know Jules and have pointed him out at least once or twice. Jules would've probably been one of the "bad apples" that perhaps your parents could've pointed out too. He has been working for Balabar Smenk, the town's most notorious mine manager and so would likely be a bit reviled by at least some of the townsfolk. He also spurned the St. Cuthbertites and so wouldn't be welcome with them either.

Now, I'm sure many people would've heard the rumours that Julian doesn't work for Smenk any more and there's a target on his back.

ghostcat

First Post
As I previously mentions, Galyne and Zeke will be on no more that a nodding acquaintance. Although he may know that Galyne is a proficient woodsman and approach him on that basis. he will definitely know that Galyne's father has sold his farm and that Galyne is at a loose end. So that should be sufficient for Zeke to approach Galyne.

Now according to HM's diagram, Galyne introduces Jules. However, Galyne is even younger that Zeke, so they certainly won't have interacted as kids. Also, Galyne is not particularly about what goes on in town and only has two elder sisters. (His brother is round about his age, give or take a year).

So how about Jules and Galyne's eldest sister, Tabatha, went out together when they were teenagers. Although they split up, they have stayed friends and Tabatha is worried about Jules' drinking. When Galyne told her about Zeke's proposed trip, she suggests he takes Jules. Worried about his friend, Tabatha will seek him out and ask her himself.

Remove ads