AoW - Team Diamond Lake -OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Advancing to lvl 1 should be easy as the adventure goal is going to be something vague like Expolre the Whispering Carin - reach lvl2 LOL

I need to know if you are deciding on a race change. I liked the whole elf of upper stats going to the lowly human town. And was going to change the main wizard in town from human to elven for you (prehaps another reason for your trip). But if you have decided on a different path please let me know.

I am going to finish characters over the course of the next two days and have an IC of some sort after we get tenative backgrounds/meetings done. So I'm thinking FRI earliest SUN latest.

HM

_

CB, I'm not sure what your timeline is, but if your character was stationed in the temple within the past...lets say year or so ago...perhaps she was present when my character was brought in?
Works for me. Could we say in the last 18 months? Would help me cover ground in Vixtrin's background, even after I play with her age/dates of entry to the temple and garrison.

Vixtrin didn't care for the Temple or its priests. How she would have felt about Aria, though, is less certain. Without knowing more about Aria, my best feeling of the situation is that Vixtrin would be suspicious of Aria and what she's all about. Conversely, having been bullied and grown up on the streets herself, there could also be a bit of empathy there toward Aria's new role as outcast. How do you feel about things? Want a friend in the IC? Prefer a *friendly* antagonist counterpoint to your character?

Shayuri

First Post
Given the circumstances around Aria's 'recovery' in the temple, it's likely that a guard would be on hand, in case things turned ugly. The priests were uncertain what to make of her, and her condition. Physically she was fine after healing and some food and water. They detected a spiritual malaise though, one that they'd never encountered before. They ruled out domination and possession, and in the end concluded that it must be some kind of 'residue' from her near-death experience.

That said, Vix would have been there to hear the wilder theories, and would know that despite the conclusion, no one there really knew what had happened to Aria, or what would become of her.

So she has reason to be suspicious.

Aria's designation as outcast grew slowly at first, but picked up steam as it spread. She responded by retreating; first to the edge of town, then finally out into the lonely old, rundown woodsman's shack.

So if Vixtrin has a soft spot for the victims of bullying, there's ample cause for that as well.

In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if Vixtrin's feelings were mixed. She might feel pity for Aria, while still being wary of what she might be, or become.

So she has reason to be suspicious.

{snip}

So if Vixtrin has a soft spot for the victims of bullying, there's ample cause for that as well.

In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if Vixtrin's feelings were mixed. She might feel pity for Aria, while still being wary of what she might be, or become.
Works for me. Start out wary mixed with pity, working our way toward grudging friendship, then on to who knows what.

Perhaps Zeke was delegated to watch/guard duty over Aria as she recovered?
If this is the case, then Zeke and Vixtrin know (or know of) one another. Vixtrin's mum pawned her off on the Temple for a short time. The priests didn't like Vixtrin, thought her irreverent, and thought poorly of her aptitude, so she was subsequently pawned off on the garrison.

Zeke and Vixtrin would probably minimally know one another and maybe more than "minimally," depending on how you feel about your character.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Thanks for waiting on that. I think I'll stay with Elf simply because I'd just be losing Dex instead of gaining Str at this point. Conceptually it works.

My only two issues:

1) Damage output later on compared to BBEGs: if I don't have STR, where is it coming from when I use my weapon? That's the whole point of this build. I can do it in 4e, but all the attacks magically channel spell energy anyway. What I'd like to do is use a sword I designed that lets me convert spells into weapon attack bonus damage (so I can hit someone with a lightning bolt, etc.). That and some other options I have brewing in my head so he plays the way I'd like him to.

and 2) Is an elven noble really macho enough that I won't feel bad when I read Robert E Howard stories? I hope to play that up. I'm really hoping he doesn't go the sissy Twilight emo-kid route. Good for some characters, not for this one. Granted, I don't want to go the angry emo-kid route either (that's worse). Meh.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Character checking:

Jules(renau1g)-
* please remove Experience from Game info and give yourself 1 Hero Point
* under AC change + 1 (shield) to + 1 (feat) I know it says it gives you a shield bonus to AC but it was confusing whether or not you were carrying one.
* Short sword crit range is wrong.
* Rations(5) weigh 5lbs
* have total weight at 55lbs which is under your light load by 3lbs but you have no pack or even a sack you could change your outift to expolrer's adding both no cost and no weight to the character
* have gold spent at 219gp, 5sp, 3cp leftover = 4sp, 7cp (hmmm dirt poor good reason to go adventuring)
* your FC bonus and treasure sbloks should be listed in the tracking post. I think I explained that badly as the other group had trouble with it also. Will try and re-explain that second post in RG
* question about bacground - Did you ever join Kullen's gang or did they offer and you refused? Do you have that tattoo?

???(s@squ@tch)-
* please remove your Experience Point spot in game info and add Hero Points: 1
* HR for channel energy is Xd6 + 1/2 your cleric lvl + WIS Modifier so you can add a +4 to your 1d6
* Extra turning is not a feat in PF did you want Extra Channel? or Turn Undead as a feat?
* Clerics are not prof with all armors just light and medium armors
* under Focused Mind you don;t recieve a +2 bonus to spellcraft checks only concentration checks
* ACP penalty is -6
* have total weight at 96lb
* have leftover gold at 14gp, 8sp, 8cp
* important - need apperance, deamenaor, background, and name

Galyne(ghostcat)-
* no deity? want to put agnostic or atheist in that slot (which will be tested lol)
* apperance and deamenaor

Aria(Shayuri)-
* AC have AC 00 = 13 + this and that; should read AC 13 = 10 + this and that
* Init should be +2 modifier not added
* CMB is correct STR mod not listed
* under bloodline list know(religion) becomes class skill
* I don't know where you got those two traits from or what they do.
* under Spellcraft you should list +3 [misc] as +3 [feat]
* Favored class bonus +1 skill point needs listed under trackig post please
* Need Equipment or you could start with nothing but the clothes on your back and a gem worth 70gp
* And your very lucky we are not using XP or you would be at -5,000 for the teaser background. :p

Avren(fireinthedust)-
* please remove Experience from game info and give yourself 1 hero point
* another agnostic
* CMD should be 15
* Fort stat is wrong should be +1 total then is +3
* attack for curved blade should be +4
* need tarits or list that you aren't taking any
* list skill points: 10 and max ranks: 1 and ACP: -3 please
* misc skills (that have no ranks) need filled out along with listing ACP to skills
* please add your starting gold link into your treasure tracking spot in your second post in the RG
* Not listed is max weights and weight carried I have your gear at 54.5lbs (medium load)
* Not listed leftover gold have you at spent = 127gp, 2sp, 1cp leftover = 52gp, 7sp, 9cp (You could buy a few scrolls and have them for when you reach character lvl2 (wizard 1)
* Background note: is the mad hermit that attacked you still out there?

Vixtrin(CanadienneBacon)-
* have checked character resently so will wait to hear back if changes are made

Ok that was three hours of he.. um heck. And now I have a headache.

HM

_

Shayuri

First Post
* AC have AC 00 = 13 + this and that; should read AC 13 = 10 + this and that

- Oops, oversight. Thanks for catching that.

* Init should be +2 modifier not added

- Huh, thought I did that. Alrighty.

* CMB is correct STR mod not listed

- I didn't realize this needed to be broken down. Apologies.

* under bloodline list know(religion) becomes class skill

- Yes, it's a class skill. But I don't have any ranks in it, so it's not listed.

* I don't know where you got those two traits from or what they do.

-- They're from the Pathfinder SRD. I'm not sure I'm even going to use them now though. I'll be sure to list what my traits do on the final version.

* under Spellcraft you should list +3 [misc] as +3 [feat]

- Okay, fair enough.

* Favored class bonus +1 skill point needs listed under trackig post please

- Tracking post? That's just for leveling up, I thought.

* Need Equipment or you could start with nothing but the clothes on your back and a gem worth 70gp

- Yeah, working on this. That sheet's not quite done yet. Frankly I don't think she'll be carrying much. I can't think of any reasons why she would.

* And your very lucky we are not using XP or you would be at -5,000 for the teaser background.

- I'll say it again. That sheet's not quite done yet. :) I'll finish it up asap.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Character checking:

Avren(fireinthedust)-
* please remove Experience from game info and give yourself 1 hero point
* another agnostic
* CMD should be 15
* Fort stat is wrong should be +1 total then is +3
* attack for curved blade should be +4
* need tarits or list that you aren't taking any
* list skill points: 10 and max ranks: 1 and ACP: -3 please
* misc skills (that have no ranks) need filled out along with listing ACP to skills
* please add your starting gold link into your treasure tracking spot in your second post in the RG
* Not listed is max weights and weight carried I have your gear at 54.5lbs (medium load)
* Not listed leftover gold have you at spent = 127gp, 2sp, 1cp leftover = 52gp, 7sp, 9cp (You could buy a few scrolls and have them for when you reach character lvl2 (wizard 1)
* Background note: is the mad hermit that attacked you still out there?

_

Agnostic: no. He thinks the pantheon of deities are simply powerful outsiders who can grant spells to their minions. Some are nice, and will be fun to hang out with when he's epic level. He doesn't know if there isn't a "creator spirit" out there, and is curious, so I suppose that's Agnostic. However, the actual ones with clerics he simply doesn't think they're anything more than powerful outsiders. Otherwise how to explain Orcus cults?

Fort: don't we get to add Class bonuses to saves? Base save is +2, +1 for Con, right? He's a Ranger 1, so Fort and Ref.

Scrolls: didn't know if we could buy them. Awesome! I want to use them when I'm a Wizard, but do they count against my total 1st level spells known when I start my spellbook? If I'm paying the cost of scrolls, in addition to my class ability auto-gain,

Mad Hermit: no, Avren kicked him into the pit with the Ghouls, and left as they were rending him limb from limb. I need to finish a scene in the short story I wrote, then I'll send it to you. I need time! Work + baby + school + DMing last night an original Halloween-themed module = time consuming. sigh. Soon!

Remove ads