Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen - IC

moritheil

First Post
Gritting her teeth at the size of the opponent, Rosa sizes up the situation and prepares to conjure up a sizable quantity of shimmering dust.

OOC: Not sure what she can and can't see.

If there are no allies she can see within striking distance of the beast, she will ready an action to cast Glitterdust (-40 to hide, and DC 18 Will or blind) when it steps into the open.

If there are allies she can see within striking distance, she will simply cast it right away.

In either case, she is positioning the glitter away from allies.

DC 18: 1 cloaked casting 1 feat 2 spell level 4 int

Last edited:

Arabesu

The large creature begins yelling as he stumbles out in the clearing, <In Draconic> "What's the big idea, playing with the alarm like that? First its on then its off. Then its ..." his reprimand cut off short as he notices that its Hightower in the clearing rather than the poison dusks that he expected. He passes his club back and forth and with a nod of his head issues a challenge. "Bring it, shrimp!" he mutters under his breath in draconic.

Then suddenly he is engulfed in glittering dust.

<still in draconic> "No fair! I can't see! What kind of sorcery is this?"

OOC: on to regular rounds. Saris is first.

Last edited:

Arabesu

OoC: How much distance between Saris and the lizard?

The five heroes on the ground are evenly spaced in a semicircle 30 feet from the Blackscale, with Hightower at the center of the arc as the semicircle crosses the clearing. Faris is up in the air, for the moment 40 feet up, on the arc's line circling.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Fenwick Cobbwinkle - Gnome Sorceror 5 - 26/26hp

After Saris' actions, Fenwick will feel more comfortable fighting against this larger opponent, it reminds him of a giant and his father always warned him how to deal with giants. Fenwick will draw upon his most potent spell available to him and after the requisite gestures and words of power, he'll produce a fiery ray from his outstretched palms. After this attack, Fenwick will move behind a tree to interpose that obstacle between himself and the giant lizardfolk.

Ranged Touch Attack for Scorching Ray & Damage (1d20+5=18, 4d6=15)

[sblock]
OOC
AC 18, DR 10/magic for ranged weapons (up to 90 points of damage)
Spells remaining:
0 - 5, 1st - 4 , 2nd - 4
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Hightower, Goliath Barb2 Fighter2, 32/37HP, AC 21, touch 15 (uncanny dodge)

The fiery light in Hightower's eyes ignites as he bellows an acknowledgment to the challenge that shakes the very trees surrounding the clearing. He grows to a height that equals the offending gecko. With steam rising from between the joints of his blackened plate armor and the veins on his neck glowing bright orange, the goliath moves strait toward the enemy swinging his chain high over his allies heads before swinging low at his legs. Trip vs Touch AC: (1d20+11=29) with a Str Check: (1d20+15=22) then rolling the chain over his fallen body Attack: (1d20+15=25) for Damage: (2d6+12=15)

OOC-
Rage (free action)
No Combat expertise this round.
Move forward 10ft to within my new 20ft reach, and trip.
(If the lizard is blind he gets -2AC, no dex mod to AC, -4 on his str check to resist the trip.)

Last edited:

Arabesu

and encounter 2 is over.

When Hightower tugs on his chain to topple the monolithic lizardman the creature falls to its back, apparently unable to anticipate which way to throw its body to resist the trip thanks to Rosa's spell. When the flash of links is wrapped back around Hightower's arm, all can see that the burned and bloodied creature lays still and unconscious.

OOC Hightower and Fenwick score the win, with a strong assist from Rosa tipping the balance. Sorry bout the pun.

Searching its still form, they find a plethora of gaudy and rather valuable gold chains. A potion under his loincloth and his club seem to be the only other possessions.

[sblock=for Vertexx69]What was the action point you just rolled and second strength check used for?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
The sight of the giant Blackscale almost makes Saris wonder whether the "calling my big brother" defense is a universal one but he won't be wasting any more thoughts on that till the work at hand is done. Leaping to a lower branch, Saris fires an arrow in mid-jump. Certainly not one of his better shots but getting into a more advantageous position was more important.

OoC: Move action to drop to a branch at 20' height [tumble (1d20+14=22) to ignore 10' of falling; subdual (1d6=1) damage for the other 10']; Standard action to fire arrow to hit / damage (1d20+9=14, 1d8+3+1d6=13).

Meh. Too late.

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=@Arabesu]I used the wrong modifier for the 1st str check (as hightower was raging). And as I was clicking the roll button for the AP to raise the str check, I remembered about the blindness mods so didn't need a boost and didn't post it. If you want to charge me for using it thats fine.
For some reason I'm having problems with the enworld site taking forever to load, for any action I take (making a quick check to the RG take 2-5 minutes!) not an excuse, but if you want to make the rolls I have no problem with that either.
And its really interesting that no matter if I roll dice on a tabletop or on IC they always suck period. (out of 20d20 invisible castle rolls 17 are under 10)[/sblock]

Arabesu

As you are securing your two prisoners, Faris is aware of a structure just to the east. Flying just over the tree tops she spots the object of your destination: The Temple of Kha'shazul. As she relates her finding, and you realize that you are quite close to your objective, you begin to think back over why you are here in the first place....(OOC picture of temple seen from afar below).

OOC Time for the flashback. Go here to post for the flashback, we will resume here when that is wrapped up.

Attachments

• Kashazul.jpg
    Kashazul.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Remove ads