• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Archonus Bluestar: Gone Forever?

Laurel

First Post
Nightgrove didn't happen to leave anything behind... like a dagger in AB's side, a picture of his mom, or some such? :uhoh:

The_Universe

First Post
He left a list of his best friends, their addresses, and any pertinent weaknesses they might have.

Not really.

But you do know that Laren's mom is also the King's mom - he's really only a half-Alder.

He didn't leave anything of note with AB, though - he even took AB's sword, so there isn't even a significant amount of his blood (not that he looked particularly injured) around.

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
He left a list of his best friends, their addresses, and any pertinent weaknesses they might have.
YEAH!

Not really.
But you do know that Laren's mom is also the King's mom - he's really only a half-Alder.
He didn't leave anything of note with AB, though - he even took AB's sword, so there isn't even a significant amount of his blood (not that he looked particularly injured) around.
D-oh! Well, had to ask just in case :)

um, so anyone around have a picture or a book with a picture of Laren? :D But the bit o' blood should be good enough :heh:

Is the Queen Mother still alive? I know this may have been spoken of long ago.... but don't remember anything currently on that subject.

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
YEAH!

D-oh! Well, had to ask just in case :)

um, so anyone around have a picture or a book with a picture of Laren? :D But the bit o' blood should be good enough :heh:

Is the Queen Mother still alive? I know this may have been spoken of long ago.... but don't remember anything currently on that subject.
I don't think anyone has asked that, really.

Yes, the King's Mother is a alive, but she is not the Queen Mother, as the king was conceived and born under questionable circumstance, only legitimized by his predecessor near the end of his life.

Once the previous king bit the dust, she began to be publicly seen with Alain Nightgrove, and it is has been rumored that even while she was the King's lover a generation before, she also...entertained...Nightgrove.

After Tain was born, Nightgrove served as the little bastard's bodyguard, living with the King's mother, which is probably how the rumor got started.

Laren is the King's half brother, Alain's son, etc.

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
I don't think anyone has asked that, really.
Yes, the King's Mother is a alive, but she is not the Queen Mother, as the king was conceived and born under questionable circumstance, only legitimized by his predecessor near the end of his life.
Once the previous king bit the dust, she began to be publicly seen with Alain Nightgrove, and it is has been rumored that even while she was the King's lover a generation before, she also...entertained...Nightgrove.
After Tain was born, Nightgrove served as the little bastard's bodyguard, living with the King's mother, which is probably how the rumor got started.
Laren is the King's half brother, Alain's son, etc.
Wait... she has to be the Queen Mother.
Alain is Laren's father. Tain is a bastard but the king claimed him anyways. If Laren and Tain are half brothers, unless Alain and the king got it on, she is the Queen Mother- the parent of Tain.

Time for another family tree..... I attached one in my attempt to understand.....

Edit:: Wait re-read post a few more times.... so she is his mother just not the Queen Mother.... hopefully she and the king knew if she birthed him or not, but I can see how the father can be in question...

Attachments

• Tain's Family Tree.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 91

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Wait... she has to be the Queen Mother.
Alain is Laren's father. Tain is a bastard but the king claimed him anyways. If Laren and Tain are half brothers, unless Alain and the king got it on, she is the Queen Mother- the parent of Tain.

Time for another family tree..... I attached one in my attempt to understand.....

Edit:: Wait re-read post a few more times.... so she is his mother just not the Queen Mother.... hopefully she and the king knew if she birthed him or not, but I can see how the father can be in question...
She's not *officially* the Queen Mother - she doesn't get the rank and title, because she was just a buxom serving wench that caught (apparently) both the previous King, and his Huntsman's fancy.

That's all I was saying.

You're EDIT has it right on.

Laurel

First Post
So let me ask this then- Is Tain's father's wife who was Queen still alive? Was there even sucha a lady who held the position....

The_Universe

First Post
She died a long time ago, long before the previous King became ill, and ultimately recognized his (apparently) lone bastard son.

It's thought that the previous king actually had many mistresses, but he was apparently not terribly fertile - unlike Archon, for instance.

QD said:
As Justice sits, staring at the identical bodies of Archonus and Archonus, she lets out a long sigh. Looking to the ceiling, tears stream down her ivory cheeks. Softly, she whispers, "I pray to the Light that I am not wrong in my decision, my priorities are with the living."

Pulling herself to her feet she turns her back to the lifeless bodies, and walks to Kaereth's side.

Suddenly, as Justice walks towards Kaereth's side, she vanishes.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Suddenly, as Justice walks towards Kaereth's side, she vanishes.
Actually, I think you're still there for the moment - Xath's behind everyone else in terms of rounds. There was a lot of running around the Palace before she got herself in a situation that required the "Justice" charm.

Remove ads