• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Archonus Bluestar: Gone Forever?

The_Universe

First Post
AA is unconscious. Kaereth is quietly, calmly giving orders to the remaining Talon leaders. L'Aurel is standing outside the wall of stone that seperated AB from the rest of you, having just informed you that he is dead. Jansten is...hanging out. Probably helping Kaereth. It's really only been a few seconds since you had to quit, friday.

Xath, on the other hand, is hurtling through the halls of the palace at Hyrwl, desperately searching for Jaine's son while she tries to continue to hide the daughter that no one is supposed to know about.

It seems that one of the midwives was not entirely what she seemed...

Laurel

First Post
Was not sure where Justice/Liz got to so went through it all......

We can chat IC and have Jansten off to the side I guess, but we need to ask Greg if that's okay... this is kind of a big decision that Janesten would have a lot of say in.

Basically what happened:
We raced into the war room with all the head talons. L'Aurel shouted at What's her name to call her to identify herself, and then someone said she was under arrest. At that same moment she winked out and the wall behind the falcon throne brust open. A very pretty lass that some of us dislike with a fiery passion stood there. Swarms of undread flowed around her into the room as she weaved a spell of stone wall cutting AB and the younger Nightgrove into a seperate section and spliting the great throne in twain. AA was attacked immeditely by the older nightgrove that once upon a time had been killed with ihs own dagger. Jansten almost died from the attack of angel chick as Kareth easily bashed the head of the enemy seperating him from Angel chick. The other bad guys surrounded the table and started hitting the talons. Justice gave strength and injured the undead, helping though she may not have known the poorly weakened Jansten. L'Aurel fell two, while sucessfully foiling Nightgrove into thinking she was still actually selura. She also gave a brief cry to the circle telling them if possible to not kill the one with wings.
Jansten finally back with some health send his lighting forth and killed most of those left. Kareth managed to dodge the fake angels spells and not get turned into a little viper again, and took her shortly to below 0 hit points as she turned to make the great escape. Nightgrove had sent her off with her blessing as he had selura by his side. Archonus damaged him quickly enough since Nighgroves 'Selura' once more was able to throw another dagger through his newly repaired neck. Arhconus still got the last blow to finish him off, as L'Aurel took pleasure in revealing the truth. (At least I think we said AA finished Nightgrove off as Kareth took care of the last standing bad guy. but it was either Kareth or AA for the final blow)
With only the wall to be breached, L'Aurel raced to her kind of great (etc.) aunts side and brought her to 0 so she could live for yet a while. Kareth tied her up as Archonus wailed on the stone, and Jansten gathered the talons readying his attack on the wall. L'Aurel stepped to the stone not thinking but of getting inside and parted a small archway. But when she stepped in a horror did she see, for there stood nightgrove the younger dagger slicing AB's throat. As the blood pooled and the body fell, Nighgrove laughed as his father once did over a poor abbesses dead body. A great shout of pain and horror went up from AA silencing all within hearing as he fell unconcious to the ground.
The talons yelled for order and to know of thier leader AB, and since L'Aurel could not speak of it aloud it was told to the others through the rings that AB was dead. Kareth who had followed AB and earned the trust of these talons as we had not told them of AB's fate as they cried for him to lead.

As these things were happening Xath had started an adventure of her own:
When she blinked from Caer Albion she raced to the queen's side alone from any others in the circle. The queen had a hard time, but the son was born with little issue, and passed into the care of the midwives outside the birthing room. Dorn shouted that a medic was needed, and then turned to Xath to herald bad news. THe baby has not turned he whispers to her, and she fights internally for a way out. Finally a solution comes to her and cutting the cord that tied mother to child she holds the child within her hands and teleports it out. Placing a silent spell on the child Dron quickly gets it to breath and wrap it in cloth. Jaine then weakly asks for her child as Xath hands her the child she can never see again as mother to child. She then asks for her son as Xath tucks the infant into her cloak.
But Preston turns for the door grabbing Dorn as he goes, for outside all the miswives had looked stunned and puzzled as to where the child had gone. Preston and Dorn quickly use the mirror in the room and scry for the child. Xath catches a glimpse of a woman holding the child racign down what she thinks is the third floor hallway. She notices not that the child in her arms is see by others as she races to save the little prince. While Dorn and Preston take care of the midwives and seal off any escape passage they can.

And thus do wait till the next adventure of KOA.

Okay so it sucks..... it kind of just happened :p So deal!

The_Universe

First Post
As of last time, Greg told *me* that he wasn't going to attempt to resurrect AB. That left it up to Justice to decide.

But, it can wait and be discussed as much as you wish whenever we game next.

A buzzing silence fills the chambers where the talons were meeting. The large half-orc hands out orders with a simple, but proper and wise, voice. Justice stands, breathing heavily, the heat of battle just now beginning to cool.

Walking quickly, she rounds the wall of stone magically erected by Link Woodshadows daughter... her eyes fall on the dark, attractive Archonus Bluestar. Her breath catches, it has always seemed to her that the strange Archonus twins were not capable of death - somehow defied it. It seems that notion is false.

Muttering a quick prayer to the Light, she looks for her cousin - knowing that she will have to decide whether or not to attempt to bring him back to life.

"L'Aurel," she calls out, eyes still fixed on the body of Archonus Bluestar, "L'Aurel... I could use your advice."

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
As of last time, Greg told *me* that he wasn't going to attempt to resurrect AB. That left it up to Justice to decide.
But, it can wait and be discussed as much as you wish whenever we game next.
I will just say that if he decided no, we can discuss IC whatever and if everyone wants and just say Jansten is muddling or what not. But I just ask that no action can be made without greg involved-- If he stated Jansten said no, then knowing Jansten he may try to stop someone from trying if they just disreguard that he said no. I just don't want the final to happen on the boards and leave him out.... that was all :)

Also when L'Aurel stated AB was dead- she was in the room as she rushed to check his pulse just in case we was still alive.:eek:

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
I will just say that if he decided no, we can discuss IC whatever and if everyone wants and just say Jansten is muddling or what not. But I just ask that no action can be made without greg involved-- If he stated Jansten said no, then knowing Jansten he may try to stop someone from trying if they just disreguard that he said no. I just don't want the final to happen on the boards and leave him out.... that was all :)

Also when L'Aurel stated AB was dead- she was in the room as she rushed to check his pulse just in case we was still alive.:eek:
AB is definitely dead, as of the moment - but you are not aware IC of the fact that AA has gained all of his knowledge and memories.

The final resolution of what happens will have to happen IC during the session, but *as of this moment* I am proceeding with my own planning under the assumption that AB is definitely, completely, permanently dead.

If someone does want to try to bring him back, by all means discuss the reasons why, here. I'm happy, either way.

Laurel

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
A buzzing silence fills the chambers where the talons were meeting. The large half-orc hands out orders with a simple, but proper and wise, voice. Justice stands, breathing heavily, the heat of battle just now beginning to cool.

Walking quickly, she rounds the wall of stone magically erected by Link Woodshadows daughter... her eyes fall on the dark, attractive Archonus Bluestar. Her breath catches, it has always seemed to her that the strange Archonus twins were not capable of death - somehow defied it. It seems that notion is false.

Muttering a quick prayer to the Light, she looks for her cousin - knowing that she will have to decide whether or not to attempt to bring him back to life.

"L'Aurel," she calls out, eyes still fixed on the body of Archonus Bluestar, "L'Aurel... I could use your advice."
Blood has soaked her hands as without thought and sense she had raced to check his pulse though with the blood on the floor should have told her what his fate was.
Hearing the comfortingly familiar voice calling her name within her mind challenging the dying echo of the scream just a moment before she glances up, rare tears falling from her eyes. "I told them. I told them neither could die. Neither should have!"
Jansten stands parallel to Justice trying to hide a great many things within himself at the scene before him.

Last edited:

Dropping to her cousin's side, she wraps an arm around her. "Death comes to each of us when the Light wills it so," she says, almost to herself.

"L'Aurel... I think I could bring him back, but the thought creates chaos within my head and my heart."

Laurel

First Post
QD said:
Dropping to her cousin's side, she wraps an arm around her. "Death comes to each of us when the Light wills it so," she says, almost to herself.
"L'Aurel... I think I could bring him back, but the thought creates chaos within my head and my heart."
L'Aurel's voice changes to a memory of the past, "Somehow, it would seem your friend has created a double. It is no illusion, either. Their fates are tied...a single strand running through the fabric of time." She reaches out and finally releasing her partial hold on AB clutches Justice's arm with one fist, "Archonus? Arrendorr? Where is he?"

Remove ads