Are you a fudging fudger?

Are you a fudging fudger?

• I am primarily a GM, and I sometimes ignore or alter the die roll result.

Votes: 69 58.0%
  • I am primarily a GM, and I never ignore or alter the die roll result.

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • I am primarily a player, and I don't mind if my GM ignores or alters a die roll result.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I am primarily a player, and I prefer it if the GM never ignores or alters a die roll result.

Votes: 10 8.4%

The Shaman

First Post
. . . [A] GM should be worrying about appropriate challenges. Barastrondo was saying that he is more concerned about appropriate results.
I strongly agree that providing appropriate challenges trumps insuring appropriate results, but in setting those challenges I do consider the consequences of, "What happens if the players roll aces through the whole encounter?" If I don't want an encounter to be deadly, I won't make it a deadly encounter, and that's part of my evaluation.

Considering that two of my favorite systems include insta-kill damage mechanics, I need to pay close attention anytime a situation could result in blazing six-guns (Boot Hill) or flashing blades (Flashing Blades).
I am much more concerned by a GM saying, "You encounter 10,000 orc minions wearing Hello Kitty T-shirts" than I am by a string of bad rolls.
I'll see your orcs and raise you 10K hobgoblins dressed in Sailor Moon costumes.

Remove ads