• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you ready for some Football (Americano)!

R_J_K75

Legend
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Allen's 4 TOs and Jets D saved my week!
Total S**T Show. Pathetic. I think this is a sign of what the season holds for the Bills. Looks like Aaron Rodgers season is done, complete tear of the Achillies Tendon, but Andy Dalton beat them, WTF? I doubt Allen or Diggs will be there next year if we have a losing season or even if they don't at least go to the Super Bowl, they'll probably demand a trade and we'll be rebuilding yet again. As much as Allen is touted, I don't see it and he isn't able to make a play to win a game when its down to the wire. He always looks like the Keystone Cops with Yakety Sax playing in the background in those situations when it comes down to a minute or less in the 4th Qtr. They should've put in Frank Reich, or Doug Flutie :ROFLMAO:. Here's to hoping we bounce back, but with that showing last night I'm not too optimistic. I dread leaving the house for the next week as everyone you encounter will rally cry with, "It's only one game man, only one game"...SMH. I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers retires if this is a season ending injury

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Total S**T Show. Pathetic. I think this is a sign of what the season holds for the Bills. Looks like Aaron Rodgers season is done, complete tear of the Achillies Tendon, but Andy Dalton beat them, WTF? I doubt Allen or Diggs will be there next year if we have a losing season or even if they don't at least go to the Super Bowl, they'll probably demand a trade and we'll be rebuilding yet again. As much as Allen is touted, I don't see it and he isn't able to make a play to win a game when its down to the wire. He always looks like the Keystone Cops with Yakety Sax playing in the background in those situations when it comes down to a minute or less in the 4th Qtr. They should've put in Frank Reich, or Doug Flutie :ROFLMAO:. Here's to hoping we bounce back, but with that showing last night I'm not too optimistic. I dread leaving the house for the next week as everyone you encounter will rally cry with, "It's only one game man, only one game"...SMH. I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers retires if this is a season ending injury
I dont think the panic button should be pressed just yet for Bills. First of all, the Jets have a very underrated defense, maybe best in league. Second, Josh Allen tries to play hero at least a few times a season and ends up with a game like this. Better days are ahead.

R_J_K75

Legend
I dont think the panic button should be pressed just yet for Bills.
I hope your right, but I've been a Buffalo sports fan all my life and it never seems to end well. 1975 Sabres lost to the Flyers in the Stanley Cup Finals. Bills Went to 4 Superbowl's in a row and lost 4 Superbowl's in a row, Wide Right. Sabres had a great team in the late 80s and early 90s but couldn't get to the finals. 1999 No Goal, Brett Hull has admitted he was in the goal crease and to save face the NHL changed the rule next season. Then 2 years ago Bills lost to KC 13 seconds into OT after losing the coin toss and KC scored. I'm not positive but in the playoffs OT didn't the NFL change the rule the next year, so each team gets at least one possession? I'm not uber sports guy but it's frustrating as a fan.

Scribe

Legend
Looks like Aaron Rodgers season is done, complete tear of the Achillies Tendon

Football is an absolutely savage mistress. All that wasted ink, drama, and attention, 4 plays or something? POOF.

I used to watch religiously, it practically was religion in my house growing up, but the carnage is real even with all the rules changes.

R_J_K75

Legend
Football is an absolutely savage mistress. All that wasted ink, drama, and attention, 4 plays or something? POOF.

I used to watch religiously, it practically was religion in my house growing up, but the carnage is real even with all the rules changes.
Yeah 4 plays into the season and he got crushed. Wasn't it Lawrence Taylor that took out Joe Theisman?

R_J_K75

Legend
Heres how passionate people are about this city. I probably de-valued this guitar by 8 million dollars but IDC.

IMG_2069.jpg
IMG_2069.jpg

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Yeah 4 plays into the season and he got crushed. Wasn't it Lawrence Taylor that took out Joe Theisman?

Yes. To be clear, after Thiesmann dodged Harry Carson, LT fractured both Theismann's tibia and fibula ... with bones protruding from the skin. This was back in the day when they would show replays .... I do not recommend looking for the video, although you will find it easily.

Easily one of the most graphically gruesome injuries to ever occur on an NFL field. Although nothing compares to the infamous NHL game when the Sabres' goalie (Malarchuk) was injured. If you haven't seen it, just know that despite what you see, he survived. And played again.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I dont think the panic button should be pressed just yet for Bills. First of all, the Jets have a very underrated defense, maybe best in league. Second, Josh Allen tries to play hero at least a few times a season and ends up with a game like this. Better days are ahead.
Yea, Allen's played at a near-MVP level for 3 years now; I don't think a few bad games here and there is somehow disqualifying. I feel like his closest historical comp in terms of playstyle is a more athletic Brett Favre, he's a gunslinger who balances out boneheaded interceptions with moments of brilliance.

The single biggest issue for the Bills is that the AFC is an absolute gauntlet; the last 2 Bills teams were absolutely Super Bowl caliber and simply ran into other excellent teams and lost games that were basically coin flips in terms of odds.

R_J_K75

Legend
Yes. To be clear, after Thiesmann dodged Harry Carson, LT fractured both Theismann's tibia and fibula ... with bones protruding from the skin. This was back in the day when they would show replays .... I do not recommend looking for the video, although you will find it easily.

Easily one of the most graphically gruesome injuries to ever occur on an NFL field. Although nothing compares to the infamous NHL game when the Sabres' goalie (Malarchuk) was injured. If you haven't seen it, just know that despite what you see, he survived. And played again.
I saw the Theisman live. His leg was at a 90-degree angle. And I also saw Malarchuk live on TV too. I was out getting tall when I came home my dad was watching that game and I walked in right at the right/wrong time it was gruesome.

Remove ads