Arendel’s Serpent's Skull Journal. (Complete! 06/25/13, With Pictures!)

Abciximab

Explorer
Session 9​

Arodus the 10th (Cont).

As we returned to exploring the caverns, I tried to recall the name of the Serpent-folk deity, but could not. Luckily we found it shortly thereafter, written upon the walls of the cavern, Ydersius. Continuing on, we found a few more ghouls and a spot where the caves opened to the sea. We also found a disgusting, ghoulish nest, most likely belonging to Mother Thrune.

Once the caverns were thoroughly explored, we returned to the surface to check in with our fellow castaways. All was well. I checked the lighthouse to see if it might be possible to use the light to signal ships once more. Luckily most of the parts needed to fix it were merely scattered about and not missing completely. I instructed Jask and Ishiru in the installation of the focusing lens to intensify the light from the oil lamp. If they follow my instructions, it should be ready to work sooner than we had originally thought.

As there was plenty of daylight left, we started toward Red Mountain. We felt we should try to get there as soon as possible. We stopped to camp for the night about halfway to the Mountain.

----------​

Arodus the 11th.

Last night there were two events worth mentioning. At one point, the creature that dwells on Red Mountain flew overhead and dropped the carcass of a cannibal nearby. Later, we observed lightning flashes coming from the western side of Red mountain, near the shore. I believe the lightning was a product of Ieana performing the ritual.

In the morning we set out for higher ground. At an intersection of the game trail, looking west to the sea, we saw the standing stones that had been represented on the walls of the cavern. As we approached them, the Red Mountain Monster attacked, flying low and dropping yet another carcass. Even seeing it clearly in the daylight did not help with my attempt to identify it, I have never seen a creature like this before.

It was a difficult fight, as Chumba and Max are not well equipped for ranged combat and my accuracy seemed to be off today. Since the luck of Desna was just not with me (a trend that continued throughout the day), I switched to Magic Missile to strike my opponent unerringly. We attempted to use tanglefoot bags to bring it down, but were unsuccessful in that as well. Ace summoned some eagles to harass it and Chumba and Max struck at it as it closed with them. Once we got organized, the creature was finally defeated.

Reaching the site, we saw four stones surrounding a small pyramid. We searched, but there was no sign of Ieana. Rereading my notes aloud, it occurred to us that performing the ceremony would likely reveal or, “give up”, something from the sea, “To Command the Very Tides to Rise Up and Eschew What Lies Below.” So, against our better judgment, we performed the ceremony. Taraz was nice enough to donate his blood for the stones, Ace summoned a serpent and I poured salt water onto the pyramid from my metal flask and spoke the name of Ydersius.

As we finished the ceremony, the sea quickly receded as if a tsunami might be approaching. The floor of the bay was revealed to us. There, beyond a wrecked ship, stood two stone doors. On the way to the doors, Chumba and Max investigated the wreck and reported finding a strange water creature that insisted he was Captain of the vessel, the Salty Strumpet. They left the creature unaccosted.

The stone doors were covered with seaweed. Once we moved it aside we saw bas-relief carvings of Demons feasting on Human maidens. Taraz and I had a short discussion about the images and we believe they are of Azlanti origin and related to the demoness Zura, patronized by cannibals and Vampires. It seems quite unusual to me, a ceremony invoking Ydersius to open the way to a Temple of Zura? I have no idea what the link between Ydersius and Zura might be.

We entered into a large, oddly shaped area. Over a dozen stone pillars supported the cavernous chamber's 60 foot high vaulted ceiling. To the north, four empty alcoves sat in the walls, their edges carved to resemble yawning, fanged mouths. To the south, a pair of bronze doors that seemed to drip with blood sat under a stone bridge that passed through the upper portion of the room, from east to west, forty feet above. The walls were decorated with unsettling carvings of bats, human sacrifice, and the walking dead. The dismembered, skeletal bodies of three humans were scattered about the floor of this chamber. Upon the bridge were three serpentine skeletons wielding javelins.

Faced once more with the prospect of ranged combat, Max threw a rope up and over the bridge as Taraz and I moved to investigate the double doors at the back of the room. Chumba grabbed on to the far end of the rope and was pulled up to the bridge by Max’s formidable strength. Though the skeletons slashed and bit at her, she was able to pull herself up onto the bridge.

Opening the door, we saw stairs going up to our left and right. Ace and Kay’Es went to our right while I, unfortunately, went left. Keeping my streak of bad luck going, I discovered a pit… by falling into it. Max (rope trailing behind) then tried to leap over the pit… and almost made it. Luckily neither of us was harmed too badly by the 30 foot drop. Max offered to throw me out of the pit and, though I was pretty sure he was joking, I made sure to give a polite but firm, “No, thank you”.

As he started to climb out on his own, I kept hold of the trailing end of the rope. While waiting for Max to climb out, I noticed two small tunnels on either side of the pit. I watched them closely, but nothing appeared in the time I remained trapped. Though combat was over before I got out, I understand Chumba defeated the other two skeletons almost singlehandedly.

Returning to exploration, Ace discovered another pit… by falling into it. I think it is time for a discussion on exploration methods and strategies. Another thought has occurred to me as well as we debate the possibility of resting since Taraz has expended almost all of his healing power to restore Chumba to full health. The question has come up as to how long the magical tide will stay out and I suspect we have met someone who may know the answer. We should pay another visit to Max’s water friend in the ship wreck outside.

Last edited:

Abciximab

Explorer
End of Session 9​

Keep it going I shall, thanks again cromm10k.

I wish I knew what that creature was. My, “11”, Knowledge Check was not enough to figure it out. It’s one of the great things about the AP’s, there are always new monsters.

I wasn’t too sure we were supposed to perform the ceremony, but when we didn’t find Ieana at the site, we figured we had to go somewhere. Might as well be wherever the ceremony led.

A Pit! I fell in a Pit! I totally wasn’t thinking, “Trap”, I was thinking, “got to get to the top of the stairs to reach the bridge” (Arendel is not a climber). Pit traps rarely make sense though, too big to jump and covering the whole corridor? Maybe there’s another way around, but it seems bad planning to me (as do many traps). How many minions are lost each year to the BBeG’s lair traps? Those are XP that could go toward our leveling!

I think we can handle probably one more encounter, maybe 2. We need to figure out how long the tide stays out. There must be a way out of the temple now that we’re in though… I find it hard to believe the previous owners would have had to wait for someone outside to perform the ritual to get out. We shouldn’t count on finding it though. Better to know how long we have.

Last edited:

Abciximab

Explorer
Session 10​

Arodus the 11th (Cont).

We climbed back through the pit to reach the outside and talk to Captain Ekubus, the Water Mephit Captain of the Salty Strumpet. After a brief discussion it was determined we have about 6 hours from the time we performed the ritual until the tide turns. We thanked him and reentered the Temple.

We decided there must be a way out from the inside and chose to rest within the temple instead of having to repeat the distasteful ritual. Our first priority was to find a relatively safe place to rest within the Temple. Kay’Es had found an opening in the floor of the entry room. Exploration revealed a pile of bones and two strange dolls. I quickly determined the dolls were magical and right on cue, they jumped up and attacked. Chumba quickly crushed them both. Within each was a magical gem that radiated necromantic magic. I shall have to study them further at some point to determine more about them. As most of the floor was covered with shallow water, this location was deemed unsuitable for resting. We decided to explore the eastern portion of the Temple.

We found a room that was suitable for resting, once it was cleared of the skeletons that currently resided there. Early that evening we heard the sound of the doors to the Temple closing and the water rushing back in.

----------​

Arodus the 12th.

In the morning I decided to investigate the Azlanti runes that were scribed into the walls of a nearby room, the scriptorium of the temple. As I do not speak Azlanti, I cast Comprehend Languages to facilitate my understanding. Working my way through unusual metaphors and rambling prayers, I was able to determine it was written by worshipers of Zura, self-proclaimed enemies of the Serpent-folk worshipers of Ydersius. The walls were carved with hundreds, perhaps thousands, of strange runes interspersed with the periodic image of a stylized rune that looked like a fanged skull. The writing spoke of the razing of the temple of Ydersius, the Beheaded One, and the rededication of the Temple to Zura. The defeated Serpent-Folk were then used as slaves or animated as undead guardians. This may explain why a ritual to Ydersius is used to gain access to the Temple of Zura. The cultists must have been unable to alter the powerful ritual used to gain access. Within the writings they referred to themselves as the “Misbegotten of Saventh-Yhi,” which I recognize as a reference to an ancient lost city within the Mwangi expanse.

I could have spent many hours going over the carvings, but we chose to move on. Though we were being more careful in our exploration of the western portion of the Temple, we still managed to fall prey to two more traps. One was another simple Pit trap. The other was a much more devious and dangerous room. The doors closed and were then blocked by heavy metal doors falling from above. An axe swung wildly about the room threatening all within. Chumba and Kay’Es were trapped within initially, luckily after about 20 second the doors opened and they managed to survive the ordeal with minor injuries.

Then, just as we were trying to quickly work our way across the dangerous room, an amorphous blob slid into the room through holes in the wall. A gibbering Mouther attacked us and quickly engulfed Chumba. It’s maddening gibbering confused Max for a short time, but even with these setbacks the creature was defeated. Just as we were exiting this room, the trap went off again. It slashed at Chumba and Kay’Es once more. They managed to survive and we all finally made it through the ghastly room into yet another ghastly room.

We entered what was obviously the main temple, with a statue and altar dedicated to Zura. A river of blood flowed down the center of the large chamber. Also within was the Serpent-Folk shapechanger Ieana and small horde of skeletal minions, including two more of the skeletal Serpent-Folk. She attempted to bribe us into joining her, but we responded only with weapons and magic. Her minions attacked in a vain attempt to protect their mistress. They were less than successful and she was soon threatened on all sides. Ieana used mind controlling magic on Max and commanded him to protect her, but after Kay’Es distracted him by running past, I was able to sneak up behind and gift him with a Protection from Evil. This was enough for him to shake her mental control over him. With the team whole once more and Max quite irate, her defeat was assured.

Once we had won the day, we proceeded to destroy the altar and statue of Zura at Taraz’s behest. He felt strongly that the evil shrine should not be allowed to remain. Once it was smashed, a wave of evil was released, stunning some of us momentarily.

Gathering what we could, including Ieana’s journal, we carefully made our way to the entrance where we found a way to empty the bay and open the doors. It was a little less elaborate than the ritual to get in, but worked just as well. Our plan now is to return to the lighthouse and see how the repairs are going. Hopefully rescue from this place is in our near future.

----------​

~Notes concerning the study of the Temple and Excerpts from the Journal of Yarzoth, the Serpent-Folk known to us as Ieana.

It begins in Varisia…

“…exploring dungeons under the ruined fortress of Viperwall in Varisia, I made a shocking discovery. An ancient temple on Smuggler’s Shiv may contain clues as to the whereabouts of a legendary city named Saventh-Yhi. I am eager to discover the exact location of this city, for it may contain great artifacts and relics of Ydersius plundered by his tormentors. I must travel there unnoticed. Legend holds it is where He made His final stand against the oppressors. His prophecy comes to me in dreams, strange visions of His rise from the depths of darkness…”

Aboard the Jenivere…

“I have the fool Kovack under control. It is only a matter of weeks until we approach Eleder and the Shiv. Alton Devers is suspicious, though. Must keep to myself this week.”

On the Cannibals…

“These degenerate humans proved to be an easy match. It shows who is the weaker of the two ancient and bitter enemies! Their minds have obviously been warped by time and heat and sit precariously on the edge of madness. I have been allowed to visit with their “Goddess” and bring her a sacrifice. The captain has outlasted his usefulness.”

The last few entries concern the temple of Zura. She has sketched the murals in the three alcoves and though her style is difficult to weave through, I have deduced that the southern alcove tells the story of the Cult of Zura’s inception in the legendary city of Saventh-Yhi. From there they were exiled and had to make a dangerous overland journey.

The northwestern alcove shows the cult exploring their new home, obviously Smuggler’s Shiv. Here they defeated a large Serpent-Folk population and built the temple. I was only able to examine this section briefly and my study of it is surely incomplete.

The northeastern alcove depicts the plans for the cult’s future, such as earning the gift of vampirism from Zura and somehow returning to Saventh-Yhi to “awaken” the nonbelievers with Zura’s “blessing.” This portion of the Serpent-Folk’s notes are incomplete, I will need to study them further to make more sense of them.

Last edited:

Abciximab

Explorer
End of Session 10​

Awesome, thanks JDragon!

Thanks to DM Soanso as well since he has sent me additional information for the last two updates. With game time so limited sometimes the rather verbose descriptions and background information can be skipped over. He has emailed me info to help fill in my lack of information.

We went back and forth on whether we should rest outside or not. Arendel really didn’t want to perform that ceremony again, blood, invoking Evil Deities, definitely not his style of magic.

The trap room was horrible. With most traps there seems to be a way around, we couldn’t even figure out what was setting it off! I didn’t have the opportunity to Detect Magic, it must have been magical in nature.

The battle with Ieana (Yarthoz) was appropriately tense, a few close calls there. The charming of Max was scary, one of our two super-tough fighters on the opposing team. Thank goodness Kay’Es drew his Attack of Opportunity. That allowed me to step up to deliver my spell. Thank goodness I hit his touch armor class and finally, thank goodness he succeeded on the save! I don’t think I would have stood up to a single attack from Max (I’m not sure if he was Charmed or Dominated). Protection from Evil is definitely one of those Must Have spells. I hadn’t memorized it, but was able to cast it with my Bonded Wand.

Soanso has mentioned that Serpent Skull is catching a lot of flack on the boards? I’m surprised, we are having a lot of fun with it and I don’t see that changing. With the information Soanso sent, I think I have finally figured out where we are headed with this AP (At least part of it). I Can’t wait to find out for sure.

Add another one to you list of readers Abciximab. :)

The journal style is quite engaging an deasy to read - I like it, and I'll keep reading.

Btw I share your dislike of the positioning of traps in a lot of dungeons - they often make no logical sense at all, which really bugs me.

Abciximab

Explorer
Session 11​

Arodus the 12th(Cont).

We started our journey back to the lighthouse. We had no encounters of note. Perhaps it is just my imagination, but the island seems different… a little less oppressive and threatening perhaps.

----------​

Arodus the 13th.

We arrived back at the lighthouse without incident. Our fellow castaways spoke excitedly of the strange lightning from the ceremony and a release of energy that seemed to run across the entire island like a wave. I believe the energy must have coincided with the destruction of the altar within the temple.

More good news, the lighthouse repairs are complete and the signal lamp is ready to be lit. We hope rescue is in our near future. We discussed going to get Pezock, but as he did not seem to want to be rescued, I think we will leave him to enjoy his beach. We will go to visit the Dryad Aycenia tomorrow to see if this “Evil” she spoke of has left the island.

----------​

Arodus the 14th.

Our trip to the Banyan Tree was uneventful and sure enough, Aycenia told us that the repressive evil that infused the island has been lifted. She thanked us and offered us a place to rest. I’m not sure, but I think Max might be… attracted to the Dryad. She is quite beautiful.

I finally identified those two magical gems from the dolls. The stones are quite evil and contain the souls of sentient creatures. Their dark power is used to animate the dolls. They must be destroyed.

----------​

Arodus the 15th.

Rescue at last! We returned from the Dryad’s grove to find a ship moored off shore and a longboat on its way. After a brief discussion with those that came ashore in the longboat, the Captain of the Red Gull finally agreed to grant us safe passage back to Eleder. They took a little convincing as they were extremely suspicious. I think the reputation of the Shiv as a haunted island infested with ghosts and cannibals made it hard for them to believe we weren’t a threat. Thankfully they came to see the truth. The ship shall set sail in the morning.

As we have some down time now, I shall study Yarzoth’s Journal and scribe a few scrolls.

----------​

Arodus the 16th.

A full day at sea. We should see Eleder around midday tomorrow. I have gleaned a few more interesting details from the Journal.

~ Excerpt from the Journal of Yarzoth

What I can glean from these pathetic degenerates is that there exists a sort of hidden door to Saventh-Yhi. After Digesting the seemingly mile-long stretch of curses directed toward the “Hero’s Grave” and the “Vibrant City”, I feel I have finally cracked the shell of the cult’s code.

But the location of Saventh-Yhi is frustrated. There is a secret, though, known to the Zurists that may benefit me as well. There is another settlement located at the southernmost tip of the Mwangi Expanse, south of the Bandu Hills and sitting between the Ocota and the Korir rivers. This place is called “Tazion” by the cultists and is said to hold the key to Saventh-Yhi’s location in the Pillars of Light. The cult planned to re-enter the city using Tazion, yet the details are left out. Though the map is ancient, I believe once I procure passage off the Shiv and proceed through Eleder into the expanse undetected, I will be one step closer to His glory.

There is a small ancient map that shows the Sargava region and southern tip of the Mwangi Expanse. I am quite intrigued by this lost city of Saventh-Yhi. Perhaps I can convince my companions that our path should lie along this route.

----------​

Arodus the 17th.

We have finally arrived in Eleder! It was a bit of a process getting off the ship and there was a lot of waiting involved. I believe the formality of disembarking was slowed by the fact that the good Captain Aulek Tegerten of the Red Gull wanted to do it in a way that did not draw too much attention to whatever cargo he might have been carrying.

Once we were off the ship, we said our goodbyes to our fellow castaways. Gelik asked Max to hold onto the logbook and to accompany him to the local Pathfinder Lodge to present it to the Pathfinders. He told us we could find him at the Silver Urn.

Jask gave the documents we had found for him to Max as well and asked us to join him for dinner tonight. It would seem Max has earned a reputation as a trustworthy individual who can carry quite a lot. That and the fact that you would probably have to be stark-raving mad to even consider robbing him makes him better than most safety deposit boxes.

We were told accommodations had been made for us at the Sargava Club where we would be allowed to stay “on the House” for two days. Quite generous of them, I must say. It would seem we are minor celebrities as word of our deeds and accomplishments spreads through this port town.

We spent part of the day selling some of the useable equipment we had collected in our time on the Shiv.

At dinner, Jask asked us to accompany him to Baron Utlinus’s Estate tomorrow to present the documents and clear his name. We agreed to his request.

My companions have agreed that the lost city seems intriguing and bears investigating. I hear there is a library in town. Gathering more information on Tazion and the Mwangi Expanse seems a good place to start.

----------​

Arodus the 18th.

We met with Baron Utlinus. He accepted the documents and even gave us a reward. Upon leaving the Baron’s estate, we ran into Ishirou. He thanked us for helping him survive the Shiv.

Max actually allowed his revered ancestral hammer out of his sight in order to get it enchanted at a Dwarven smithy. While Arlan and Feita Forgescar seem capable, I hope and pray, for their sake, that the process goes well. Max is left with a dagger for his defense, more than adequate I expect.

We met with Gelik in the afternoon and went to the Pathfinder Lodge. There we met Amivor Glaur. Though he seemed rather cool at first, he warmed up to us when he saw the logbook from the Night Voice. He gave us a reward as well.

----------​

Arodus the 19th.

I went to the library with Max to do more research on our “new project”. It turns out Max is not only literate (I was only mildly surprised by this), but actually an incredibly helpful research assistant. His perseverance in his search for materials, combined with his ability to stand quietly without interruption for long periods of time makes him ideal for this purpose. I would not have succeeded in accumulating the information I now have without his help. Even after all this time, he surprises me almost every day.

We decided our best path to finding Saventh-Yhi is to find this “Tazion” Yarzoth wrote of. We were able to piece together a likely path to Tazion. By traveling west from Eleder to Kalabuto, then north up the river through the Screaming Jungle, then west to an area that was marked along the southern edge of the Mwangi Expanse, we believe we will find Tazion.

On the way back to the Sargava Club, we stopped by the Temple of Sarenrae. There, we gave the soul gems to the head priestess for proper disposal. We also left with them a silver holy symbol to Achaekek so that its precious metal might be put to better use. They rewarded us handsomely. As an aside, while my faith lies firmly with Nethys, Sarenrae’s priestesses are far more beautiful than the ones we had in the Temple of Nethys at University.

It would seem our little “secret” is out. This evening we received a visitor who claimed to be working for the Baron and the Matriarch of Eleder, Lady Madrona D’Augustana. He didn’t say anything directly, but implied that he knew what we were doing and what we were looking for. Perhaps someone with connections noticed the subject of our search at the library. We shall have to be more cautious.

He offered to assist our “expedition”. We told him we would consider it. We wonder what might be in it for the local government. As none of us seemed to be inclined to work for the Baron, Ace suggested we try to make an offer to the Pathfinders. An idea I find infinitely more appealing.

----------​

Arodus the 20th.

Working through Gelik we contacted the Pathfinder Lodge. Amivor seemed very eager to offer his help in our excursion and, in fact, seemed to already be aware of our goals. He claims the Pathfinders can match the resources of the local government and provide a local guide. He asked us to go and meet with this guide. Apparently he is a Cleric of Gozreh. Nothing specific was mentioned, but I gathered from Amivor’s attitude that there might be something unusual about him.

As we were leaving, Ace noticed we had picked up a “tail.” A Halfing was following us surreptitiously, though not doing a very good job of it. Max suddenly seemed to disappear into the crowd, only to reappear a short time later holding the Halfling by the scruff of his shirt. Upon interrogation (and by this I mean just asking) he claimed to be working for the Aspis Consortium. He said his boss, Dargan Etters, wanted to talk to us about our “project.” Knowing the reputation of the Aspis Consortium and having witnessed their treatment of Ishirou, I would not even consider the offer.

That makes three different groups that have somehow heard of our goals and offered to “assist” us. Ace has wanted to play a “one against the other” type game, but I prefer clearly defined lines between who might be my friend and who might be my enemy. It would seem that second list is growing a little too quickly for my liking.

Last edited:

Peteinmaine

First Post
Max's thoughts

So glad we got off that island! My backpack seemed to get heavier and heavier with each passing day, almost like my own despair was weighing me down.

I got to help out some of our new friends. I can't wait to go looking for the lost cities! I flipped through the books while helping Arendel find info. I can't take reading for long periods of time, but I have found the first couple lines of every few pages is usually enough to get me where I need to go.

I managed to get my hammer enchanted which is good. I just heard Chumba is going to stay in town for a while, something about raising dinosaurs. Not only can I NOT watch, but I also have to kill more when we get into fights. I know she's a girl and way smaller than me, but Chumba hits things REALLY hard... It's going to take me a bit to get comfortable being the only heavy hitter.

Anyway, I like the pathfinders more than the other people who want us to do stuff for them. Actually I don't like anyone knowing where we're going...I wish we could find it then bring the info we want to back to the pathfinders.

Oh well. I'm gonna go get Ace's donkey drunk again...it's REALLY funny.

mundinironhand

First Post
Message to House Thrune

My lady

I regret the delay in my first letter. No doubt you have received word of our shipwreck, though word of my death is quite exaggerated. I am pleased to inform you that the weeks spent on the Shiv have yielded unexpected fruits. It is the assessment of my new associates that we now have clues to the location of two list cities. Unfortunately this cities.eyes and ears discerned our destination and many factions vie for our services. We have aligned ourselves with the pathfinder, as we are in need of supplies and a partner ill-suited to treachery. I still hope to make use if the other factions, if the opportunity presents itself. As to my associates, they seem pathetically righteous and honorable, though unexpectedly tough to manipulate. Nevertheless, I am confidant in my abilities and assure you house Thrune will profit from my extended exploration.

Your servants,

A & K

Abciximab

Explorer
End of Session 11​

A combat free session and yet it is one of the longer entries to date! Yes, there was no actual combat, selling, shopping, talking, etc, but no fighting. Surely a session without violence is a sign of the coming apocalypse. It was still fun though.

Thank you Halforc Halfbiscuit, I’m glad to hear my story hour appeals to both halves of your… unique... um… composition.

Thank you to peteinmaine (Max) and mundinironhand (Acemodius and Kay’Es) for their contributions as well. Great stuff, though I'm not sure what to make of Ace's entry...

Peteinmaine’s reference to his backpack getting heavier is an inside joke. I track treasure and equipment we find in a notebook and of course, Arendel, with his 8 Str, isn’t going to be carrying much. Early on I asked peteinmaine if he had the space for a few items. He said yes and so in my notebook I made a little section that says “On Max”. This list had grown over time to a point where I thought I’d better check his actual encumberance (How much does three Tanglefoot Bags weigh?). Once, when he was inflicted with disease, I said, “Don’t worry, you have a potion of Remove Disease in your pack.” So now whenever Max needs something, someone says, “check your pack, maybe you have one,” and then Max turns to me and says, “Do I?”

Sadly, we are losing a player, Gretchen (Chumba) has family obligations and will likely be out of the group for an undetermined amount of time. We actually may have found a couple possible replacements though, when a couple of us went to Free RPG Day at my FLGS for a great “We be Goblins” session.

A quick aside as to why RPG’s can be so great. It contains spoilers for We be Goblins. I ran it for my family last night…

In the final encounter my 6 year old son (Playing Poog, a goblin cleric), makes his Spellcraft check and realizes Vorka, the BBEG, is Summoning something. He is grappled by Lord Longtung’s Tongue and cannot reach Vorka.

“I throw My Dog-Slicer!” {Roll} Natural 20.
{Roll} Confirmed Crit.

Vorka’s Concentration Check Fails, Spell Ruined.

Now weaponless, my son remembers the Robe of Useful Usefulness he won at the beginning (for conquering the Rusty Earbiter in only three rounds) has a ladder on it. “I attack with the ladder!” and then goes through the rest of the encounter swinging a ladder at his enemies. True goblin craziness, I am so proud of him.

Last edited:

Remove ads