Argh, April Fools' Day

ASH

First Post
I am also not a fan of the joke day. It’s not the jokes; I have never had a mean spirited joke played on me. I am gullible however and usually believe what is told to me, but that happens all the time, not just on April 1st.
But the day just always seems to be a crappy day. I don’t know why, coincidence probably.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I agree, it's way too silly.

Sincerely,

Herr Eric Noah Gambolputty de von Ausfernschplendenschlitter- crasscrenbonfrieddiggerdingledangledongledungle- bursteinvonknackerthrasherapplebangerhorowitzticolensic- granderknottyspelltinklegrandlichgrumblemeyerspelterwasser- kurstlichhimbleeisenbahnwagengutenabendbitteeinnürnburger- bratwustlegerspurtenmitzweimacheluberhundsfutgumberaber- shönedankerkalbsfleischmittleraucher von Hautkopft of Ulm

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
Crothian said:
There are many fun, harmless jokes people play. EN World always does some funny news bits for instance. It's just many people don't know the difference between funny and mean.

Agreed.

There are some things that you don't joke about ; but I don't see the harm in a joke news story that most people know is a joke anyway...

Angcuru

First Post
It appears Eric has bought himself Surname implants. :eek:

Strange enough, I have experienced nothing joke-ish about this First of April. I just know that around 11:59 PM, one of my bedposts is going to fall out from under my bed and then I roll over in my sleep into my other nightstand, knocking over a big pile of CD cases, and waking up with a bunch of weird lines on my face. :confused:

Ashwyn

First Post
I've always wanted to do a practical joke on April Fools Day, but I never have. I just can't think of anything. Anything good, that is.

Last edited:

Grazzt

Demon Lord
I myself like Apr 1st. Yesterday AM, I had the people in my department (IT) call into my boss (VP), including one of the managers, and say they wouldn't be in to work today. So, when the VP checked his voicemail he had like 10 calls from people, including me, saying they wouldn't be at work today. He hit the panic button and then suddenly everyone started showing up. :) He got a big kick out of it.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Heck, I have more reason to hate this particular April Fool's Day than almost any of you. My landlord sold the building without telling me and if I hadn't bumped into one of the other tenants, wouldn't have found out until the new owners kicked us out.

Ah, I love the Condoing is Chicago.

Remove ads