[Arsenal Contest] Mad Mog vs. the Elf Bint

Bigwilly

First Post
"Mog kill you and eat your heart" screams the barbarian. He moves forward and attacks.

Not sure Quillathe is 10' away as in two empty squares between us or as in can use whip but Mog needs to move 5' to attack. If the latter, it's full attack time, otherwise one attack with 'Pain'

Single attack with Pain is at +19 to hit
Full attack is Pain +15/+10, Greed +15

Here's 3d20 anyway rolled as Pain primary, Pain secondary, Greed or just use the first roll for a single attack:

[dice]

Quillathe easily avoids the half-Orc's attacks, though the tree suffers for defending her. She kisses it in thanks and then leaps away again, lashing out defensively with her whip as she heads to the cover of another tree.

Spring Attack lets her move away 5 ft., attack, then move another 35 ft., so she ends up 40 ft. away. Her base AC is 24, and she uses Combat Expertise for +5, fights defensively for an extra +3 (thank to Tumble), has Dodge for +1, and the cover of the tree for +2, making her total AC 35. Her attack bonus suffers, though, dropping from +20 to +11.

Her attack roll:

[dice]

And to speed things along a bit, if you do pursue me and provoke an Attack of Opportunity, I'll roll now, d20+11. Can I put a spoiler on this so it won't influence your decision?

[sblock][dice][/sblock]

Last edited:

[sblock]And because that's a critical threat, is it a critical hit? Mind you, if you decide not to come after me, this roll is pointless, but I thought it'd speed things along a bit.

[dice][/sblock]

[sblock]It's not a crit because with Dodge your AC is 18, unless you decide to charge, which would drop your AC to 16. So for damage, the first two dice are if you don't charge, and the third die is if you do.

[dice]

Add +2 for a normal hit, +4 for a crit.

So either 8 or 13 damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bigwilly

First Post
I guess you just critted for a heap of damage. However, Mog is raging now.

---

Mad Mog no longer feels the whip's stings. He charges after Quillathe lashing at her with 'Pain' in a frenzied attempt to cut her down.

Attack: +19 +2 charge; AC drops to 18

[dice]

Bigwilly

First Post
Lol

Again your maths is better than mine. Charging does indeed lower Mog's AC to 16 cos he's raging. However, Without the +2 to hit for the charge, I would have missed so I take the good with the bad!

Mog takes a total of 20 pts of damage reducing his remaining hp to 36 - still in the positives even if his rage runs out. This is his 3rd rage round of 9.

Mog's blade crushes through Quillathe's defences for:

[dice]

Remove ads