[Arsenal Contest] Mad Mog vs. the Elf Bint

So 8 and 6 damage, for a total of 14, dropping you to 7.

Mog embeds his sword in the wood at Quillathe's feet, and as he falls back to the ground at the base of the tree, Quillathe's bladed whip snakes down and momentarily wraps around his throat, then pulls away, leaving a bloody streak. The half-Orc's fury keeps him from falling despite a wound that should kill him, and Quillathe hesitates, wondering if she can stop the brute.

"Surrender?" she says, hesitantly. She can only hope that her perch will defend her again.

(Quillathe's AC is just 27 right now.)

Ack! Wait. I don't have my frost whip anymore. Duh. So there go three dice worth of damage, and also I lose three +1's of damage because the weapon isn't magical. But it is masterwork, so at least it still hit. If we take out the three highest damage rolls (three 3's), and remove three +1's, then you're at 19 instead of 7.

Bigwilly

First Post
Mog withdraws 40' (so as not to provoke an AoO) and leans against a small tree. His wounds are horrible, blood runs down his face and Quillathe can see bone where her whip opened his cheek and temple.

He keeps 'Pain' gripped in both hands but the blade shakes in his grip, whether from his wounds or from trying to control his rage it is difficult to tell.

"Let Mog take sword..." grunts the barbarian indicating his other blade 'Greed' lying on the ground near the tree, "...and Mog let you have bauble."

Last edited:

Still in the safety of the tree, Quillathe sheathes her rapier and climbs slightly higher up the tree, well out of reach of a jump. Then she flips her whip over her shoulder to get it out of the way. Then she begins to unsling her bow.

"Get out of my sight," she says. "I don't like letting Orcs live."

If Mog decides to stand still or something, she'll shoot him twice. But if he leaves, she'll let him go.

[sblock][dice]

Just in case.[/sblock]

Last edited:

If Mog just leaves, we'll count this as a win, because you were a good sport. And you don't die because you have Diehard.

This is the way a whip fighter would probably have to be: very annoying. Lots of running away. Honestly, thank you for playing a straight-up warrior with minimal weird tricks to throw off my groove. It was good to have a decent fight and not just be crushed. Of course, if the dice had been on your side, Quillathe'd probably be dead in this fight just like the others.

I posted some of the wisdom I gleaned from these fights, namely that the rapier is rather pointless. I thought it'd be nice as a back-up weapon if someone outmaneuvered me, but really I was always doing hit and run. Sorry for ruining your plans too. A nice stand-and-fight duel would have easily gone your way.

Post your email address in the thread on the main page, and we'll send you a copy of Whips and Spiked Chains.

Last edited:

Remove ads