Ashin's Commission, RA Style--All but Michael

Patlin

Explorer
After peering to the North to try to establish that no horse worth route seems imminent, he will return from whence he came.

"Let's all stick together, just in case." He says to Eternity. "We'll be carefull of the horses, but I don't want to spread us out and risk defeat in detail."

Ironwolf gathers everyone up and heads south. This time he'll go until he finds a way toward the town or is blocked and cannot proceed further.

ooc: No one has a flying familliar, right? Also, Ironwolf's crystal is still with Michael, so let me know if we get within 1 mile of the wayward Cleric.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Ironwolf heads to the south and looks around for an easier trail. After hours of continuing, he finds a descent that looks a bit easier than the steeper one going directly towards Duvik. This one is only really a problem for the horses--for a person walking carefully, the loose rock and moderate decline should be easy to traverse, unless they are wearing extremely restricting armour.*

Patlin

Explorer
"I'm getting the feeling that we're just going to be out of luck finding a trail that's safe for horses. Maybe a better woodsman than I could find an old game trail or something, but it's starting to seem like we better look for a safe place to tether the horses. Let's keep an eye out for both options."

The group continues on, looking for a path the horses can take or a safe place to leave the horses.

Patlin

Explorer
Have they passed anyplace that is suitable to leave the horses? Or possibly a stream?

If not, we will continue south for the rest of the day.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: No streams--the promontory is rocky and fairly bare, though easy enough for them to lead the horses across. The trail that went into the valley before heading back up to the promontory was probably the best place to leave the horses. So continue for up to the day?)

Patlin

Explorer
If that spot seemed like a safe place to leave the horses, Ironwolf will reluctantly lead the group back there.

ooc: Someone here *must* be more woodsy than Ironwolf. Anyone want to sound off?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Actually, the group is as anti-woodsy as they come. Hulgyr may be the most woodsy by virtue of being a Barbarian except that his substantial mental penalties cancel that out, I think. Almayce is okay at it because he had to get a decent Wis for one of his two casting stats)

*Ironwolf reluctantly leads the group back to the valley, where they tie off the horses.*

(OOC: Okay, then will you try to descend directly at the first point or to go back south again to the easier descent?)

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: Hulgyr is indeed quite unwoodsy. He'll accept any decision Ironwolf makes regarding the horses.

-edit-
Shiver me timers! Ol Hulgyr took ranks in survival! He might be more woodsy than anybody (even himself) thinks! He try to asses the situation and decide wheter it is a good idea to leave the horses there.

Last edited:

Remove ads