Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
15857.98 17,242.14
-12,800 to Xael
=3057.98 4,442.14

OK, then. I think Teleport will cost 450 gp each way, so even if we just sell the cognizance crystal it will save us over a thousand gold. Let's assume we do that, shall we?

Everyone throw in 150 gp to cover the cost? Ironwolf will sell the sword, too.

That will leave him with

+15,037.5
=19,329.65

with which he can purchase a +2 Adamantine Falchion for 11,375 and Boots of Striding and Springing for 5,500 gp

=2,454.65

Hmm. And still enough money for a cloak of resistance +1, leaving

1,454.65 gp to add to my character sheet.

If anyone sees an error in all that math, let me know!
You only get 15000 Gold for selling the sword in Medibaria, since that's the limit there.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Hulgyr didn't have a shortfall when we incorporated the bolts into things. The stones have been given to Eternity to balance out the slightly lower value as per RA. I have adjusted the stone's value and effect. Eternity will most likely just sell the seer and nomad stones because she cant use them.
Would Eternity like to help Zaeryl on the circlet? I think she can actually make that due to Animal Affinity. What are her prices on commissions?

Erekose13

Explorer
Eternity can't help with the boots or the cloak. She will help with Zaeryl's request, though I'll need to spend some DM points on xp. To be fair to Almayce, she'll charge the same rates.

Erekose13

Explorer
I think I'll take that Dorje out of my cash. I'm trying to see a good ranged weapon and think that might work out just fine. Its short range but packs a punch without wasting pp.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Eternity can't help with the boots or the cloak. She will help with Zaeryl's request, though I'll need to spend some DM points on xp. To be fair to Almayce, she'll charge the same rates.
Eh, ah well. It's the least generous offer I've ever seen for crafting items for party members, but I guess the reason for that is the living world (it is still far better than the group of my poor friend, whose party yelled at him for charging anything above 50% and then eventually decided to buy it for 100% from an NPC instead of for 66% from the PC, just so the PC wouldn't have more money :().

Anyway, Zaeryl will buy it from Eternity, I guess, but I had the number wrong because I based it on Patlin's mistaken 80/60 model rather than the actual 90/80 model. I think he can still afford it.

Erekose13

Explorer
Here is what Eternity is planning so far.

Code:
			Weight	Price		XP		
Mithril Chain Shirt +1	12.5	2100		0		
Darkwood H Shield +1	5	1257		0		
Int +4			0	8000		640		
Con +2			0	2000		160		
Dorje of Energy Ray	0	862.5		0		
Return to Hulgyr	-6	35.5		0		
Int item for Zaeryl	0	-4800		640		
Sell Leather Armor	-10	-5		0		
Crawling Tattoos 	0	525		42	21 Spell Levels * Caster Level
(Forced Share Pain, Mental Disruption)
Cloak of Resistance +1	0	1000		0		
Dex +2			0	2000		160		

Totals:			1.5	12975		1642		
Current:			14279.65	1812	4 DM Points to spend
	remainder		1304.65		170

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Eh, ah well. It's the least generous offer I've ever seen for crafting items for party members, but I guess the reason for that is the living world
Yeah, it's the living world thing.

In tabletop games I craft stuff at 50% price for other characters, but you're pretty much quaranteed that they stay around and use that stuff to kill things trying to kill you. ;)

Around here, I'm not that fond of burning xp (and craft points) for people who you might or might not see once or twice again in the inn. And in my experience, you get very little loot in LEW adventures (at least at lower levels).

Patlin: Almayce can craft that cloak for Ironwolf.

Another notice: Almayce might actually pay people to donate craft points for his own crafting, using the same rate as he gives discount for them. I'll see what he's going to do with the rest of his money after buying a Gliran's Blessed Book and Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend (or whatever it's name is), but he's probably crafting at least 25k worth of stuff, so he'd "buy" about 2500gp worth of craft points from somebody who doesn't need them.

Last edited:

B4cchus

Explorer
I'm quite confused about the amount of money that we all recieved. Does anybody have an idea what the exact and final numbers are, including the teleport action?

Remove ads