Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

ajanders

Explorer
Item Check

I understand Michael recieved 14, 279 gp in cash from the adventure.

He is interested in purchasing two items for their sale price.
I understand the Bag of Holding sold for 3700 gp.
I understand the Cloak of the Beguiler sold for 4500 gp.

Purchasing both of those should then leave Michael with 6079 gp.

Am I correct?

Rystil Arden

First Post
No, just Ironwolf did--he got less of a ripoff on selling the cool sword.

Okay, so if Eternity is willing to make them (or else if Almayce, or else purchased), Zaeryl has cash for a couple more Egoist type items and then an Almayce item (+2 Con, +2 Dex, +2 Cloak of Resistance):

23279.65 - 9600 (to Eternity for Int item) - 2000 (to random vendor for ring) - 3600 (to Almayce for Cloak of Resistance +2) - 3600 (to Eternity for Con item) - 3600 (to Eternity for Dex item) = 879.65

Also, I have an alternate plan that I prefer more, but I need to see if Eternity is willing to do this: there's a way for Eternity to make zounds and zounds of money (okay the exact amount is about 8000 in pure profits, plus Zaeryl will owe her a bit more) if she is willing to give Zaeryl a minor extra discount on instead of upgrading to a +4 Int item upgrading to a +6 Int item (he barely can't afford it). If she wants to defer payment, Zaeryl is good for it, and he can contact her anywhere in the world to arrange payment. What says Eternity, Erekose?

Patlin

Explorer
We had calculated the cognizance crystal at full value, so if we hadn't teleported we would each have lost more money than the teleport cost. (2,000 gp less on the Crystal sale.) No bonus money, as we had included it allready.

Erekose13

Explorer
I would be okay with that, but I don't know if I have enough XP to do it. Would Zaeryl want to pony up some xp for price reduction? I believe the rule is if we each contribute 60% of the XP then we have to contribute full CP for the item.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
I would be okay with that, but I don't know if I have enough XP to do it. Would Zaeryl want to pony up some xp for price reduction? I believe the rule is if we each contribute 60% of the XP then we have to contribute full CP for the item.
It costs, I believe, 1280 XP (and that includes the 480 you already paid, so only 800 more). I would expect Zaeryl to get even more of a discount if he paid XP, and I would like to let Eternity keep some profit, so how about this--To save us both Craft Points, how about I throw you a GM credit of mine to give Eternity 400 XP. This is almost 1/3rd of the XP and much more (proportionally) than the amount Zaeryl is missing to pay, so we can just call it even (Eternity comes out more on top, but I don't mind)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: 7000 total. Here's the in-character rationale for spending the GM point)

*Zaeryl withdraws a huge azure crystal from one of his many pockets and presents it calmly to Eternity.*

"Use this, young one. It will make the process easier."

*When Eternity touches the crystal, it seems to hold secrets lost through the aeons, whispers of memories from the ancient past that resonate with her somehow. With the crystal as a centrepiece, she constructs an elaborate crownlike circlet that contains a massive amount of power and holds the deepest insights of the universe within its sapphire depths.*

Remove ads