Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
As long as she has some inkling of what he intends to do with it, Eternity will not be forth coming with her dagger.
I would wager that it would be obvious for someone with Eternity's Int to guess what he was planning to do with the knife after his dispel attempts, though she would have no way to know that in choosing to do so, he is also killing his own loved ones by proxy--she would just know that he was probably going to cut himself up. Of course, he can probably find a dagger elsewhere--his treasure should be vastly sufficient.

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
By the way, does anyone want to either help Michael with a knife or else (and this would only be Ironwolf I imagine, since he was conscious) explain to him what Aglaia said about having associates who were only okay with her letting the PCs live if she could provide the mark as a partial success? If not, that's okay--it'll come up.

I suppose Zaeryl could do it, but Ironwolf is at a disadvantage because his player is being thick... I'm not sure when or how this kiss was applied, even after re-reading that part of the adventure. Could you maybe give me a quote?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
I suppose Zaeryl could do it, but Ironwolf is at a disadvantage because his player is being thick... I'm not sure when or how this kiss was applied, even after re-reading that part of the adventure. Could you maybe give me a quote?
Me said:
This shiny dust is very pretty, but I think it would be better for you if you just joined with me. My Chevaliers, my brave knights, are more than a match for your mightiest, but...imagine what delicious Chevaliers you could be! Think of the power you would have to fulfill your dreams...to reach your destinies. I've been impressed by your tenacity and the strengths of your spirits, my little adventurers. Accept this kiss, my gift to you, and let us stop this senseless fighting."

*She blows each of them a kiss, her body surrounded by a pink aura that flashes and channels into something at her hip for a moment before spreading outward, in an intangible feeling, almost as if kisses were actually flying through the air to land on each of the adventurers' chests. Well, everyone except Almayce anyway. The elf may collapse after a light tap, but his eclectic studies have inexplicably given him a will of incredible strength, perhaps the strongest of any adventurer in the entire world. He feels the phantom kiss and quashes it with little effort.*

*For everyone else, those with exposed chests (which is no one I think) can see a small symbol appear there, consisting of lips as if kissed by someone with too much lipstick overlaid with a runic sigil. For everyone else, they just feel a tingle there, and they feel suddenly energised. She makes a gesture at the air as if petting or stroking something, and everyone but Almayce feels the gentle soothing caress of intangible hands upon their skin. They feel invigorated and filled with energy, and although the energy is infused with a great deal of roiling chaos, it feels so good that they can't help wanting more.*

(OOC: Everyone except Almayce gets a +2 profane bonus to Charisma and saving throws (if Almayce chooses not to make the save, he can too, but apparently WotC says that doing so is a Chaotic act). 'Wanting more' is a flavour text point rather than a Suggestion or anything like that--it does not compel you to change your actions in any way).

That help?

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Ah, I see. I had been rereading from the point Hulgyr had been knocked out, since you mentioned Ironwolf being the only one who could explain. Michael was awake for the kiss, but Ironwolf and Zaeryle were the only ones concious for the threats. Does that seem right?

ic:

"She probably gave it to us because she can reverse it or otherwise use it against us in some way, Michael. She'll be back to try and force us to her will. You are a wise man, so I know you will hear my words and decide if their is wisdom in them, but I submit to you this: the correct way to remove the mark is to defeat the demon that put it on you. Do not defile your body in an effort to remove it. Your body is like a temple to your god, and it would be sinful to cut it into pieces."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Correct. Only Ironwolf (and Zaeryl too, I guess) was awake to hear her 'gentle friendly reminders that making an attempt to remove it might be a bad idea' )

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Correct. Only Ironwolf (and Zaeryl too, I guess) was awake to hear her 'gentle friendly reminders that making an attempt to remove it might be a bad idea' )

ooc: Which causes me to think back over the conversation. I did mention that if not for the calm emotions, Ironwolf would be getting angrier and angrier as the conversation went on. That's a bit understated, though. Congratulations RA! You've created an NPC that I actually hate! That's good DMing! ;)

In character, Ironwolf won't repeat the threats, and will simply advise Michael as indicated above.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: Which causes me to think back over the conversation. I did mention that if not for the calm emotions, Ironwolf would be getting angrier and angrier as the conversation went on. That's a bit understated, though. Congratulations RA! You've created an NPC that I actually hate! That's good DMing! ;)

In character, Ironwolf won't repeat the threats, and will simply advise Michael as indicated above.
(OOC: Thanks! The ones with depth who are evil but yet not 'Total Evil Caricature of the Day #10', with actual personalities, motivations, and redeeming qualities are easier to hate. For the 'Total Evil Caricature of the Day #10', it will usually just be somewhat humorous as a stereotype unless the GM has that NPC do something truly horrific and awful to ruin the PC's life.

The best ones are the ones you hate because they make you hate yourself for what you have to do, the lengths you must take, and how the enemy is cloaked within enough shades of gray to seem redeemable, so even your end result of destroying them is tainted somehow by that fact :]

Last edited:

Remove ads