Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

ajanders

Explorer
Is there a Selan cleric (or any cleric) with ideas about how to get the Amphousan brand of Michael's chest somewhere in Orussus?

He does try dispel magic and remove curse to get the thing off, but he doubts those will work.
Getting a healers kit and carving the thing out of his flesh is a definite last resort.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Ooo, he's trying to remove it? His spells indeed fail, but that leads to some interesting exposition.

*When Michael begins his very first spell in attempt to remove the brand, a soft and chiding woman's voice, clear and beautiful, speaks in his mind:*

"Oh, I wouldn't do that Michael..."

*Images flash through his mind unbidden of all the people he has ever cared about, of his family, of his friends from the church of Sela, of Rosalynn.*

"Don't you care about these people? If you try to remove the mark, they will not be safe. You have been warned, Michael. Please don't make me follow through. Neither of us wants that, right? I know I hate it, myself."

(OOC: Does Michael continue his attempt to remove the mark?)

ajanders

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Ooo, he's trying to remove it? His spells indeed fail, but that leads to some interesting exposition.
*When Michael begins his very first spell in attempt to remove the brand, a soft and chiding woman's voice, clear and beautiful, speaks in his mind:*
"Oh, I wouldn't do that Michael..."
*Images flash through his mind unbidden of all the people he has ever cared about, of his family, of his friends from the church of Sela, of Rosalynn.*
"Don't you care about these people? If you try to remove the mark, they will not be safe. You have been warned, Michael. Please don't make me follow through. Neither of us wants that, right? I know I hate it, myself."
(OOC: Does Michael continue his attempt to remove the mark?)

Michael buries his head in his hands.
"Damnit."
Not Roselynn. He owes Roselynn. She was beautiful and good... And then she asked about Sela, and he had to give her an ordeal. He had to hurt her. Had to .
And he never should have left her until she was tested and confirmed or until he had made her whole again.
"Damn Ashin and his stinking piss-pot of a town..."

But there is only one thing to do.
This is how corruption starts, with a smile and a pretty face and a well wrapped present with a hook in it.
And the hook tugs on you gently and you fight it, but then it tugs harder and eventually you get tired...and then evil has a fish dinner.
Michael decides to find a better metaphor before he makes a sermon out of this, but it does show him what he needs to do.
And afterwords, he'll have to hunt down the succubus and kill her.

But first, remove the hook. And Michael knows how to remove hooks.

"Does anyone have a dagger I can borrow?"

Xael

First Post
Almayce's loot spending and crafting:

Base wealth: 1,351.52 gp

Loot Share and total wealth: 1,351.52 + 32,279.64 = 33,631.16 gp.

Crafting for others:
- +4 Wisdom item for Ironwolf (Almayce: + 4,800 gp, - 800 craft, -640 XP. Ironwolf: - 12,800 gp, 1,600 craft).
- +1 Resistance item for Ironwolf (Almayce: + 300 gp, -50 craft, -40 XP. Ironwolf: - 800 gp, 100 craft).

Almayce's wealth after crafting: 33,631.16 + 4,800 + 300 = 38,731.16 gp.

Almayce goes Shopping:
- Buy Gliran's Blessed Book - 12,500 gp. (Copy old spellbook into it, costs nothing).
- Sell old spellbook (36 pages) + 1,800 gp.
- Buy Wand of Cure Light Wounds - 750 gp.
- Buy Minor Metamagic Rod of Extend - 3,000 gp.
- Buy Scroll of Fox's Cunning - 150 gp. (Scribe it into Blessed spellbook for free).
- Buy Light Warhorse - 150 gp.
- Buy military saddle & saddlebags - 24 gp.
- Buy 20 bolts - 2 gp.

Almayce's wealth after shopping: 38,731.16 - 12,500 + 1,800 - 750 - 3,000 - 2x150 - 24 - 2 = 23,955.16 gp.

Craft Stuff for Almayce:
- +4 Con Belt - 8,000 gp, - 800 craft points, - 640 XP.
- +2 Int, +2 Wis Amulet - 5,000 gp, - 500 craft points, - 400 XP. ((4,000 + 1.5 * 4000) / 2 = 5,000)
- +2 Str Bracers - 2,000 gp, - 200 craft points, - 160 XP.
- +1 Resistance Robe - 500 gp, - 50 craft points, - 40 XP.
- Mask of Disguise - 900 gp, - 90 craft points, - 72 XP. (As hat of disguise)
- Pay Hulgyr? For 3,280 craft points - 3,280 gp.

Almayce's Remaining Wealth: 23,955.16 - 8,000 - 5,000 - 2,000 - 500 - 900 = 4,275.16 gp.

Almayce's Remaining Craft Points: 6,200 - 800 (+4 Wis) - 50 (+1 Res) - 800 (+4 Con) - 500 (+2 Int & Wis) - 200 (+2 Str) - 50 (+1 Res) - 90 (Mask) = 3,710.

Almayce's Remaining Experience: 24,160 - 640 (+4 Wis) - 40 (+1 Res) - 640 (+4 Con) - 400 (+2 Int & Wis) - 160 (+2 Str) - 40 (+1 Res) - 72 (Mask) = 22,168 XP.

General: Please say if you notice something wrong. I don't remember if crafting combined stuff (+2 Int, +2 Wis amulet for example) was okay, so the the judges around could also comment about that.

Rystil: Does Zaeryl buy +1 resistance item from Almayce or buy +2 from elsewhere? Or buy +1 from Almayce and enchant the rest elsewhere?

Hulgyr: Do you have 3,280 craft points you want to change to gold? If you don't have enough for the full plate you're currently buying and Almayce's crafting, we can easily just skip a few of Almayce's items.

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Patlin said:
It costs a *lot* of time, which I think might require craft points. One day per spell.
I don't think there's a craft point cost in scribing new spells or copying at the moment.

At least it isn't stated anywhere, and the craft point usage is currently 1/10 of market price when creating items, and copying spells to Blessed Book doesn't cost anything.

Rystil Arden

First Post
@Xael--Zaeryl is using plan B, so he doesn't have enough money to buy anything from Almayce. However, the lack of protection from that option is troubling. I may use some GM credits to grab the next level since Zaeryl can't afford a +Con item to gain similar extra HP.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Oh, and speaking of GM credits--Patlin, you're a judge, right? Can you okay 7 GM credits for this takeover (March 24th through October 24th, I'll just let the extra time beyond that drop). I believe we don't have an actual factual judge any more since El Jefe left and all.

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Oh, and speaking of GM credits--Patlin, you're a judge, right? Can you okay 7 GM credits for this takeover (March 24th through October 24th, I'll just let the extra time beyond that drop). I believe we don't have an actual factual judge any more since El Jefe left and all.

***Granted***

So mote it be.

Remove ads