Aspect of Tiamat

I bought 2 cases and didn't get one, but pretty much everyone I've talked to got one or more... heck, one guy got 5! Of course he'd already pawned them off on eBay before I could get one from him. :(

Vocenoctum

First Post
I didn't get a Tiamat, though my nephew did. I've gotten Bahamut, 2 Huge Fire Elementals, 2 Pack Lords, 2 Eldritch Giants, 2 Godslayers, Dracolich, Mountain Troll, 2 Purple Worms.

I like the Godslayer well enough, but I only needed one, so I gave it to my nephew along with the troll. He loved them and my brother has started buying packs of mini's to use (singly) as rewards for good behaviour/grades/ etc.

So far the only Huges that are "disappointing" to me are the packlords and troll. Every set always seems to have something that makes me wonder why it's even a mini though, so oh well.

(i.e. Wizened Elder!)

Sweaty the First

First Post
Vocenoctum said:
Every set always seems to have something that makes me wonder why it's even a mini though, so oh well.

(i.e. Wizened Elder!)

I guess that's just a case of not being able to please everyone all of the time. You'd be amazed at the stuff that I personally don't hold in any particular regard and still sell. Sometimes I've thought I'm never going to sell those... only to have a customer come along and purchase half-a-dozen. What I like about that approach is that every now and then they include a figure which I want and everyone else thinks is junk :p

Felon

First Post
Of course, getting an aspect of tiamat is about as easy as getting a beholder. Instead of buying them online, just go to the stores and start jiggling boxes. They're really heavy minis, even compared to others of the same size base.

Vocenoctum

First Post
sweatyarmpits said:
I guess that's just a case of not being able to please everyone all of the time. You'd be amazed at the stuff that I personally don't hold in any particular regard and still sell. Sometimes I've thought I'm never going to sell those... only to have a customer come along and purchase half-a-dozen. What I like about that approach is that every now and then they include a figure which I want and everyone else thinks is junk :p

True, but looking at Ebay and resell prices, my Large Green Dragon is worth a lot more than Wizened Elders...

I agree that some things are subjective, I liked Meepo and the Godslayer enough to have one of each, but didn't really need two of each. I can even imagine someone wants a pack of the stupid rats... but the Wizened Elder? I mean, really!

Personally, I wouldn't mind a Tiamat to match my Bahamut, but neither is really the "must have" from this set. The Large Green was the one I quested for, and I think the Cadaver Collector was the nicest mini really.

They should have done a 360 view to show you the back;
back.JPG

Remove ads