Assassin City

Dire Lemming

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
It's not a problem either way. I will just start out Rogue (not sure what race yet) and whatever direction he seems to naturally flow to is what I will attempt to become. That is, IF I get in the game. I hate sounding like I assume I get in (sorry).

I really don't mind in the slightest. :p

Dire Lemming

First Post
These are the races Blackrat designed for his setting, I'm not sure If I'll use them, though it seems wrong to use his names but nothing else. I really hope he posts in this thread. I don't have crunch for these after all.

Blackrat said:
Okay. I'll start describing the most defining differences from core.

Shorties: There is only one common small race. I envisioned them as very much like Hobbits. It is up to you if you like halflings or gnomes more to present them mechanically. Personally I used gnomes. The name of the race is taken straight from finnish mythology and is "maahinen", which incidentally translates as gnome or goblin. Don't use goblin though since they are a distinctive race. There is another small race who are called either elflings or fay. They had a continent spanning magical empire few millenia ago but it fell in a civil war and they never recovered. They are very rare though and perhaps best represented by Pixie's.

Trolls: Trolls are very different from core. They are also more in tune with finnish myths and therefore they range from small to large. They can also be considered civilized to a degree. They also turn to stone in daylight but when night falls they turn back. The most strong willed trolls can fight the stoning effect and only become slowed for the daytime. Trolls live in a northern land beyond a small sea from the alliance.

Hobgoblins: Hobgoblins are a common race in the alliance. Same as core but are usually Lawful Neutral rather than LE. They replace Half-orcs who are not a common race because orcs live quite a long way from the lands.

Goblins: Goblins are not rare in the alliance lands but they are not too numerous either. Most of them are like those in the core but some clans are even known for their honour or compassion.

Religion:
There are three main deities in the pantheon, they are considered siblings along with the god of the Empire, "Bahos".

Skaia: The Goddess of Winter and Love.
Aur: The God of Sun and Merchants.
The Warrior: God of War.

Bahos: The Evil God. (In the empire he is worshipped as God of Order). Bahos's worship is illegal in the Alliance. He represents everything that is evil, wrong, etc. "Be good or the Dark Knights of Bahos will take you away." ;)

Beyond these there are dozens of smaller deities holding portfolios over different aspects of life/world. I have somewhere few of them but you can just pick them from FRCS if you want.

The racial deities are derived from FRCS and MM

(On a side note. Skaia is an anagram from the name of my GF :D, Yeah I was a teenager when I started writing this setting and it just stuck when my friends insisted that it was super-cool name before they realized that it was supposed to be a placeholder)

TRD

First Post
Any chance we can up the ECL a little higher to 6 instead of 4? Just to give us a few more options as there will only be two or three in the party?

Either way I will post up my character later today or tomorrow (already 1pm on NYE here in Australia so drinking time is about to begin), regardless my concept will be a goblin/halfling swordsage who uses his power over the shadows to destroy his opponents.

Also what will the point buy be for stats?

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I think I will play a human rogue (assuming Humans are around). I'm thinking CN alignment. I've been mulling it over and IF we start at level 6, he probably start out an as Assassin. I'm not sure about a background for him yet, but I have the personality worked out. I figure he will spend quite a bit of time stalking his prey and gathering information. I am alittle bit unsure of how to set his skills.... but that will come with a background. I'm working on it here! lol, Just alittle slow I guess. I want this character to be good, cause I really like the campaign concept.

Dire Lemming

First Post
I think I'll probably just use the normal races because I know them and don't have any rules for Blackrat's custom ones. But the races besides humans will be very rare. I'm also probably going to add some steampunkness to it.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=Dire Lemming]

Hey I wanted to tell you that I think you are doing good with the concept. I have thought about breaking into the DM-ing stuff, and commend you for doing it. Anyway, I wanted to say that I do appreciate you keeping an open mind and being flexible on things. Most DM's aren't. That already makes you a good one in my book.

[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
[sblock=Dire Lemming]

Hey I wanted to tell you that I think you are doing good with the concept. I have thought about breaking into the DM-ing stuff, and commend you for doing it. Anyway, I wanted to say that I do appreciate you keeping an open mind and being flexible on things. Most DM's aren't. That already makes you a good one in my book.

[/sblock]

Well thanks. Admittedly, I probably wouldn't be so open to stuff in a table top game since I wouldn't have time to look it up on the fly.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Understood. Table top games require a bit more on hand knowledge. I figure on here is a great place to learn to DM. I figure I will stat up my character tonight or tomorrow, depending on how fast your reply. What are the character creation guidelines? If I would like to use a skill that is not in one of the mentioned allowed books, is it okay to ask (I will post the description of the feat/skill/item). I'm sort of stuck on the background. I think I will re-read everything to see if it will give me some ideas. Oh, and what level are things starting at?

Remove ads