Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

Velmont

First Post
"Not all war are won on the battlefield. Some are won with pen and scroll, and others with some good hit and run. I can sneak good enough. And I think it would be a good thing to go to the meeting place. If we neutralize the person there, we might gain time for the rescue mission."

[SBLOCK=OOC]I'll spend 2 surges as [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] told earlier.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=To Players]
@.Players: Anyone who want can use this power for an attack roll of an encounter or daily power.
Divine Guidance (Immediat Interrupt * Close Burst 10)
Target: An ally within 10 squares of you makes an attack roll against your oath of enmity target.
Effect: That ally makes a second attack roll and uses either result.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Immediate Actions]
@.DM: Also, during the monster turn, Malehan might use one of these interrupt. If more than one trigger is valid at the same time, use the first in list. Please note I might change the Triggering conditions.

Great Hunger Falchion (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger:
1) An enemy adjacent to you scores a critical hit against you.
2) The enemy is not a Minion.
Effect: Roll this weapon’s critical damage dice (including any extra damage from the weapon’s property => +2d8, add +2d4 for each critical rolled during this encounter) and deal that much damage to the triggering enemy.

Belt of Raging Endurance (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger:
1) An enemy hits you and causes damage.
2) Malehan takes 15 damages or more.
Effect: You gain resist 15 against that attack, but you also take 10 damage at the end of your next turn.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Malehan's Stats]Malehan
Elf - Avenger - 8
Initiative +9
Passive Insight 19; Passive Perception 31
HP 68/68; THP 0; Bloodied 34; Surge Value 17; Surges Per-Day 7/9
AC 26; Fortitude 18; Reflex 22; Will 22
Speed 7
Action Points: 1

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Overwhealming Strike Fullblade +15 vs AC 2d4+11 damage and you shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space you occupied.

Skills: Acrobatics +16, Nature +11, Perception +21, Religion +11, Stealth +15, Thievery +15
Languages: Common, Elven

Powers
[ ]Bond of Pursuit
[ ]Overwhealming Strike

[ ]Elven Accuracy
[X]Oath of Enmity
[ ]Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead or Close.pngDivine Guidance)
[X]Takedown Strike
[X]Centered Flurry of Blow
[X]Angelic Alacrity
[X]Sequestering Strike
[X]No Respite
[X]Refocus Enmity

[ ]Aspect of Might
[ ]Menacing Presence
[ ]Soul Seeker

[ ]Acrobat Boots [W]
[ ]Symbol of Scorned Fate [E]
[X]Belt of Raging Endurance [E]
[ ]Great Hunger Falchion [D]
[ ]Enduring Spirit Vestments [D]
[ ]Cannith Google [D]
[/SBLOCK]

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC: You do realize you're trying to explain the complexities and nuance of diplomacy to a goliath fighter with an 8 intelligence right? Her expertise does not extend beyond the battlefield. It just not within her realm of understanding.
The goliath shrugs and goes back to the snorting beast behind the group, giving Olaf a good hard pat on the side.

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=Stats Update]
Czern Belog: 83/85; HS 12/15; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Chael: 66/66; HS 12/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Dusk: 33/33 AC 21 F 23 R 19 W 15 Bonus:

Malehan: 68/68; HS 7/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Alexia Madgearu: 65/65; HS 9/11; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

kal-Tarron: 56/56; HS 3/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Venakhad: 59/59; HS 6/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Rohna: 76/76; HS 6/13; AP 1; Second Wind; Status;
Olaf: 74/85 HP
[/sblock]

When comfortable that their questions were answered, Chael releases the thorn wall and the Denieth guards assigned to the ambassadors join the heroes. The veteran guard thanks the heroes for their help.

After revealing the larger plot that brought indentured changelings to attempt the assassination, the guards leap to help. Being independent from any of the nations, the Ambassador Guards rally to support all members of the kingdoms. A map of the Depths is produced. The lift in question is pointed out as well as potential secondary lifts that could be used as escape lifts if the party needed them. The platform itself is on the maps and seems unremarkable, poised over some of the collecting pits for sewage and garbage.

The guards take the changelings into custody. The changelings swear to take their punishment, including execution, as met out by the courts without resistance if the heroes are willing to try to save their village.

The guards will watch the lifts as best they can, but at Ambassador Milthane's insistence, won't go into the Depths for fear of scaring off the kidnappers. The reality of the situation is there are too many entrances to to attempt to watch, from the Cogs below or even some ancient places inside the Depths unknown by the guards, that could hide those wishing to remain hidden.

The group collectively catch their breath and head to Dura and down the aforementioned lift. While the sun is setting elsewhere, the location now so far below the higher towers throws the group into shadows.

As anticipated, larger walkways near the lift give way to smaller walkways as you move further out. Several towers with surrounding walkways rise out of the garbage pits below, scattered across the background.

While you would expect the Depths to smell, the actual stench is unpredictable. The smell of offal and waste is pungent, almost creating a haze over the entire area.

As the group approaches the last walkway to the meeting platform, the group sees a figure move opposite them.

"Who be ye and what be yer business here?" The figure is large, larger than Rohna.

GM: Any preparations, lights or other questions?

I need an initiative roll and a perception check from everyone please.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Being bigger than Rhona isn't hard, as he's a mini-giant.
Czern looks sternly at the newcomer, unaffected by the smell.
OOC: Init and Perception below

Velmont

First Post
OOC: If Malehan is able to do so, he will sneak into the meeting place and try to have an advantageous position for the ambush. Once in place, he will try to find any sniper or people in hideout and how to reach them.

If sneaking is not an option, he will stand next to Rohna, ready to move as soon as possible.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Initiative; Perception; Stealth (1d20+9=29, 1d20+21=28, 1d20+15=22)

Not really great skill rolls. At least, he has a good initiative.[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Young priest walks without any attempt at hiding, leading the group forward. Diplomacy may serve to delay violence, but in this case, he has no illusion that things would be anything else then bloodshed. Again. Stupid humanoids. Again.

Venakhad warns the group of any lurkers or other threats he perceives. Warning is silent (telepathy), ranged warriors first, melee second.

Init; Perception (1d20+7=19, 1d20+11=30)

FourMonos

First Post
GM: A few moments ago...

Before the changelings are lead away by the guards, the leader looks up at the group.

"I am called Marjorie. We have many eyes and ears in Graywall, should you find yourself there."

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Oh yeah, I finished the MAP. Feel free to place your character in the boxed area on the platform to the left.

Sorry Vel, no time to sneak ahead and trust me, you don't want to...

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry for the delay. EnWorld would not let me into any threads. I found out later that once it gets the proper page and hangs, a refresh gets me in. Weird. Just FYI for everyone for the future.

Chael covers the one side of the area.

[sblock=OOC]

Int 17, Perception 32

Chael has +2 to defenses. Dusk has +1 to defenses.
[/sblock]

Remove ads