Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Duh!

Venakhad moves closer to melee and readies his mace, just in case.

[sblock=Actions]
Move + move: R14
Minor: ready mace
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
The troll picks itself off the ground.

"You are gonna pay for dat. Alright ye wenches, attack now or I'll eat ya myself! Now!"

Immediately, high pitched shrieks echo forth from around the heroes. The sources of the shrieks become evident at once when three harpies take off from different towers near the platforms. With their matted, filthy wings, they swoop close to the platform. Melodious and enchanting songs spill forth from their twisted mouths.

Malehan is pulled dangerously close to the edge.

Venakhad hears a sweet melody, every ounce of his being wanting to find where it is coming from. But something isn't right, he feels danger coming. At the last moment, he lunges backwards, preventing his fall off the ledge and into the muck below.

Dusk and Alexia are also affected by the harpies sweet, false song. Luckily, Dusk's love for his companion prevents his tumble into the sludge.

Laughing darkly, the troll grins at Czern, its wide, toothy mouth still drippng with flesh from whatever it ate last. Czern can tell, this close up, that this troll is dark with shadow. "Now I will tear you apart and see what dead bones taste like."

Despite its boasts, both swings of the the troll's massive claws fail to hit the undead knight.

The gnolls advance on Chael. Two large clawed gnolls charge with massive swipes, both of them landing glancing blows. Two others move up but the walkway prevents their approach for now. The gnoll at the back fires a bow, but the arrow is buffeted by Chael's summoned winds.

One clawed gnoll lines up a charge against the helpless Malehan, landing two serious blows against the avenger.

One clawed gnoll moves over and strikes Czern while it's companion, one with an exaggerated mouth with huge teeth, misses a savage bite. The last gnoll, armed with a bow, makes an expert's shot, piercing the Karrnathi knight's armor savagely.

[sblock=religion 15] The gnolls and troll all bare marks of offering to Yeenoghu, the patron demon of gnoll kind. Other beings worship the jackal headed demon as well. [/sblock]
[sblock=nature or dungeoneering 18] The thing in the muck is definitely a otyugh, not surprising given they feed on anything and are common in sewers or other disgusting areas. Given their low intelligence, these creatures are likely neutral and not allies of the other creatures here. [/sblock]

[sblock= Hero Round Summary]
Malehan hits troll for 22 damage, shifts it and knocks it prone.

Rohna moves into position, politely waiting for everyone to get the hell out of her way.

Chael uses Wind Wall, which hits GCF2, GG1, GF1 for 13 damage.

Czern missed with charge.

kal'tarron his GCF4 for 12 damage

Venakhad readies himself for battle

[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Details]
Illumination: Dim light. Objects/enemies >3 squares away are considered to have partial concealment. (Unless you have vision benefits)

Platforms are 30 feet above the sludge. Rusty railings are present around outside of platforms. There are support beams and girders around the bottom of the platforms.

DC for climbing is athletics or acrobatics 15 (due to slime buildup on the structure)

Sludge is difficult terrain.

Boxes of Debris are difficult terrain.

Map: Here.

You can see something wrapped in a cloak and bound with ropes on the platform behind the troll. (Blue square on map)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats Update]
Czern Belog (U-13): 51/85; HS 12/15; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Chael (E-21): 50/66; HS 12/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: +2 defenses (Dusk) Concealment vs. ranged
Dusk: (E-20): 33/33 AC 21 F 23 R 19 W 15 Status: prone, immobilized (save ends)

Malehan (U-10): 48/68; HS 7/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: +2 AC TENT, immobilized (save ends)

Alexia Madgearu (H-16): 65/65; HS 9/11; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: immobilized (save ends)

kal-Tarron (N-13): 56/56; HS 3/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Venakhad (R-13): 59/59; HS 6/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: prone, immobilized (save ends)

Rohna (O-P, 13-14): 76/76; HS 6/13; AP 1; Second Wind; Status;
Olaf: 74/85 HP
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]

Harpy 1: Movement: Move from AC-5 to V-8. Standard: Alluring Song (burst 10) vs. Czern, Malehan, Venakhad, Rohna, kal'Tarron: 1d20+9 → [5,9] = (14), 1d20+9 → [18,9] = (27), 1d20+9 → [14,9] = (23), 1d20+9 → [1,9] = (10), 1d20+9 → [8,9] = (17) Rolls. Hit only Malehan and Venakhad. Malehan is pulled to U-10 and immobilized (save ends). Venakhad gets a save since he would be pulled off bridge: makes it! He is prone and immobilized (save ends).

Harpy 2: Movement: Move from W-29 to T-22. (standard convert to) Movement: Move to P-17.

Harpy 3: Movement: Move from J-28 to H-22. Standard: Alluring Song (burst 10) vs. Chael, Dusk, Alexia: 1d20+9 → [7,9] = (16), 1d20+9 → [13,9] = (22), 1d20+9 → [17,9] = (26) Roll 1 (with insufficient rolls). Roll 2. That misses Chael and hits Dusk and Alexia. Dusk save vs. falling off: Made it! Dusk falls prone instead and is immobilized. Alexia is pulled to H-16 and immobilized (save ends).
Also, hits the thing in the muck: roll.

Troll: Regeneration 10. Movement: Stand. Standard: Double Attack vs. Czern: 25, 23 vs. AC: 2 misses.

GCF1: Standard: Clawing Charge vs. Chael (AC): 2 attacks: 23 vs. AC miss, 32 vs. AC is a hit for 8 damage Roll.

GCF2: Movement: Stand. Standard: Clawing Charge vs. Chael (AC): 2 attacks: 16 vs. AC miss, 31 vs. AC hit for 13 damage: Rolls.

GCF3: Movement to E-25.

GG1: Movement: Stand. Standard to Movement: Move to D-26.

GF1: Movement: Stand. Standard: Fang Bow vs. Chael (AC): 18 vs. AC, miss.

GCF4: Movement: Move to V-12. Standard: Claw vs. Czern: 27 vs. AC, for 8 (9-1) damage.

GCF5: Movement: Move to AA-10. Standard: Clawing Charge vs. Malehan: Both attacks hit AC 33 (rolls) for 12 and 13 damage.

GG3: Movement: Move to V-13. Standard: Bite vs. Czern: 23 vs AC is a miss.

GF2: Fang Bow vs. Czern: Crit for 25 damage (-1) for a total of 24.

(Summary: 32 total to Czern (including DR1), 21 total to Chael (less 5 THP), 25 total to Malehan (less 5 THP) this round)

Swamp Thing: Save vs. Immobilized: yes.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kidnappers]
Troll: 23 AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
(N-14) Damage taken: 12

Gnolls: ?? AC 20 F 18 R ?? W
1. GCF1 (E-22) Damage taken:
2. GCF2 (D-22) Damage taken: 13 damage
3. GCF3 (E-25) Damage taken:
4. GCF4 (V-12) Damage taken: 12 damage
5. GCF5 (V-10) Damage taken:

More Gnolls: ?? AC 20 F ?? R ?? W
1. GG1 (D-26) Damage taken: 13
2. GG2 (V-13) Damage taken:

Even More Gnolls! ?? AC 20 F ?? R ?? W
1. GF1 (D-31) Damage taken: 13
2. GF2 (AC-11) Damage taken:

Harpies: ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
1. H1 (V-8) Damage taken:
2. H2 (T-22) Damage taken:
3. H3 (H-22) Damage taken:

(*Please note! The harpies elevation (in squares) is marked on the map. So a 6 would indicate 30 feet up (level with the platforms).)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Swamp Thing] ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
(M-N, 22-23): Damage taken:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia sways in place with the harpy's song. She reaches out towards one of the gnolls attacking Chael and twitches her fingers. The creature jerks along with the movement, tumbling from the platforms to the sludge below.

Alexia then attempts to overcome the enchantment placed upon her. Her initial efforts aren't strong enough, but she appears to be bolstered by the rosary wrapped around her hand.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Cutting Words vs GCF1. Hits (I assume) Will 29 for 10 psychic damage and GCF1 is pulled off the ledge if he doesn't save. Off he goes, hopefully taking a bunch of falling damage in the process.
Minor (or free?): Religion 21
Move->Minor (or free, whatever, I'm stuck here anyway): Nature 20

Save vs immobilize: no, so I'll use my Symbol of Scorned Fate. I am not affected by the immobilize until the end of my next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stat block]Alexia Madgearu - Vryloka* Bard 8
*Insight DC 29 to notice she's not human.
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 20 | Passive Insight: 22
AC 25 | F 20 | R 19 | W 22
HP: 65/65 | Bloodied: 32 | Surge value: 16 (14 when bloodied) | Surges: 9/11
Resist: 9 necrotic
Speed: 6 | Languages: Common, Dwarven
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d8+3, +2d6 on crit
Powers: Cutting Words, Guiding Strike
Lifeblood, Majestic Word (2/2), Words of Friendship, Essence of Death, Divine Challenge
Shout of Triumph, Rally the Spectral Host, Unluck
Stirring Shout, Satire of Bravery
Inspire Confidence, Ode to Sacrifice
Performer's Longsword, Screaming Drakescale, Symbol of Scorned Fate

Conditions:

not immobilized
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Try to fit within blast 5, I'll wait.

"Group closer together, I'll invoke the glory of the goddess! Rhona, charge, I'll move aside!"

FourMonos

First Post
Save vs immobilize: no, so I'll use my Symbol of Scorned Fate. I am not affected by the immobilize until the end of my next turn.

GM: Just to clarify, the harpy can pull Alexia again since she didn't save, yes? (If harpy sustains power, she can repeat effect against anyone who hasn't saved against it).

The gnoll, injured by Alexia's magic, falls down to the muck below. Turns out, though it doesn't smell good, muck is a good thing to fall into.

GM: Damage from fall is 14, but halved for falling into soft substance. So GCF1 takes 7 more damage from the fall.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
GM: Just to clarify, the harpy can pull Alexia again since she didn't save, yes? (If harpy sustains power, she can repeat effect against anyone who hasn't saved against it).

OOC: Hmm, the wording on the symbol is "The effect against which you failed your saving throw does not affect you until the end of your next turn." I think I'm safe, because I would interpret the effect in question to be "immobilized and vulnerable to follow-ups, save ends" rather than just "immobilized, save ends." But it's vague enough that it's your call.

Velmont

First Post
Malehan strike the Gnoll in front of him before tripping him. The Gnoll fall in place, avoiding to fall into the muck. Malehan shrug the magical effect of teh harpy.

[SBLOCK=OOC]@FourMonos: Please note that the +2 AC is until the end of encounter, not next turn.

Standard: Bond of Pursuit vs AC on GCF5 (1d20+15=27, 2d4+11=18) Hit for 13 damages.
No Action: Centered Flurry of Blow GCF5 takes another 7 damages and is slided but Save vs falling (1d20=19) and fall prone in his square.

End: Save vs immobilize (1d20=17) [/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=To Players]
@.Players: Anyone who want can use this power for an attack roll of an encounter or daily power.
Divine Guidance (Immediat Interrupt * Close Burst 10)
Target: An ally within 10 squares of you makes an attack roll against your oath of enmity target.
Effect: That ally makes a second attack roll and uses either result.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Immediate Actions]
@.DM: Also, during the monster turn, Malehan might use one of these interrupt. If more than one trigger is valid at the same time, use the first in list. Please note I might change the Triggering conditions.

Great Hunger Falchion (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger:
1) An enemy adjacent to you scores a critical hit against you.
2) The enemy is not a Minion.
Effect: Roll this weapon’s critical damage dice (including any extra damage from the weapon’s property => +2d8, add +2d4 for each critical rolled during this encounter) and deal that much damage to the triggering enemy.

Belt of Raging Endurance (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger:
1) An enemy hits you and causes damage.
2) Malehan takes 15 damages or more.
Effect: You gain resist 15 against that attack, but you also take 10 damage at the end of your next turn.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Malehan's Stats]Malehan
Elf - Avenger - 8
Initiative +9
Passive Insight 19; Passive Perception 31
HP 48/68; THP 0; Bloodied 34; Surge Value 17; Surges Per-Day 7/9
AC 26(28); Fortitude 18; Reflex 22; Will 22
Speed 7
Action Points: 1

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Overwhealming Strike Fullblade +15 vs AC 2d4+11 damage and you shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space you occupied.

Skills: Acrobatics +16, Nature +11, Perception +21, Religion +11, Stealth +15, Thievery +15
Languages: Common, Elven

Powers
[ ]Bond of Pursuit
[ ]Overwhealming Strike

[ ]Elven Accuracy
[X]Oath of Enmity
[X]Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead or Divine Guidance)
[ ]Takedown Strike
[X]Centered Flurry of Blow
[ ]Angelic Alacrity
[ ]Sequestering Strike
[ ]No Respite
[ ]Refocus Enmity

[ ]Aspect of Might
[ ]Menacing Presence
[ ]Soul Seeker

[ ]Acrobat Boots [W]
[ ]Symbol of Scorned Fate [E]
[ ]Belt of Raging Endurance [E]
[ ]Great Hunger Falchion [D]
[X]Enduring Spirit Vestments [D]
[ ]Cannith Google [D]
[/SBLOCK]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As the arrow hits Czern, his undead flesh seems to ignore most of the attack, leaving him still stronger. He changes the grip on his hammer and swings it in an arc at the gnolls engaging him, then hunkers down for the prolonged fight.
OOC: Use Unbreakable on the Crit to reduce damage by 11. Switch to Cleaving Assault stance and attack GCF4 with Power Strike: AC 24, 11 dmg to GCF4 and immobilize it and 6 dmg to the gnoll adjacent. Then switch back to Hold the Line Stance.
[sblock=Immediate Actions]Sorted in order of importance:
- Steadfast Amulet: (Immediate Interrupt) Czern stunned or dazed w/ a save ends effect; Czern makes an immediate save to cancel the effect. If failed, power not expended.
- Opportunity Action (1/combatant): MBA if not marked and shift or attack not Czern while in aura: +17 vs AC (+19 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect; 2 damage on miss
- Opportunity Attack (1/combatant): MBA +17 vs AC (+19 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect
- Guardian's Counter: (Immediate Interrupt) If ally w/ 2 sqs. hit by attack that drop them/bloodies and Czern not also attacked: Czern and ally swap positions, Czern becomes target, and can make MBA after resolved; +16 vs AC (+18 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect
- Shield Block: (Immediate Interrupt) If adjacent ally hit by attack that would drop/bloody them: Reduce damage by 1d10+6
- Strikebacks: (Immediate Reaction) Non-minion hits Czern and deals damage: MBA +16 vs AC (+18 if slowed/immobilized), 1d10+8 and stance effect
- Unbreakable: (Immediate Reaction) Czern hit by an attack that would drop/bloody him: Reduce damage by 11.
- Shield Block: (Immediate Interrupt) If Czern hit by attack that would drop/bloody him: Reduce damage by 1d10+6
[/sblock]
[sblock=Czern Belog (Defending the Line Stance; Defender Aura; Grants CA to enemies)]Czern Belog—Male Karrnathi Undead Guardian Knight 9
Initiative: +10, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 16, low-light vision
AC: 26, Fort: 24, Reflex: 20, Will: 18 — Speed: 5
HP: 62/85, Bloodied: 42, Surge: 21, Surges left: 12/15; Unnatural Vitality
Action Points: 1/2, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 1
Powers -
Battle Guardian
Power Strike x2
Guardian's Counter

Defender Aura (active)
Defend the Line (active)
Cleaving Assault
Hammer Hands