Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Immobilized <> non-moveable? :)

OOC: Immobilized means non-moveable for most PC's. No move. No shift. Most PCs cannot do anything about immobilized. Teleport or forced movement is allowed, but I suspect Kal will want to stand from being prone and still attack.

Also, Kal can choose to take the 6 temp hit points instead of the save for Sacred Flame (which for Kal might be the better option). Ven doesn't decide that, he determines the ally. You should let [MENTION=91452]rb780nm[/MENTION] know all of his options.

And Ven provokes with that attack. Yikes! Seems like a lot to just get to a specific square. ;)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
And Ven provokes with that attack. Yikes! Seems like a lot to just get to a specific square. ;)

OOC: I have no good options since only blast I could use is daily or catches only one. With this, I can at least help kal. And I disagree about thp, having immobilization as status is dangerous especially if that is part of wider effect which allows harpy to pull you again. Yes, I should have said there is another option.

That square difference means the difference betwenn 30 or 60 damage

FourMonos

First Post
The young kalashtar leaves himself open for a claw attack from the shadow troll, but his risk pays off. Venakhad's radiant attack causes the shadow troll to lose control of its form and it fades away.

The troll yells (from the ground thanks to Czern), "Arrgh! You slain my shadow brother. I kill you and eat your soul little man!"

GM: OA vs. Ven hits for 9 damage. Ven kills Shadow Troll 2.

Neurotic

The priest smirks
"Yes, beast. You may yet. But know that you'd suffer from bad indigestion. Now stop wallowing in the muck and show us what Yeenoghu teaches it's dogs."

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: And I disagree about thp, having immobilization as status is dangerous especially if that is part of wider effect which allows harpy to pull you again.

OOC: Except that without a teleport to the middle of the platform, there are few ways to get far enough away from the edges of the platform such that the Harpies cannot just pull the PCs over the edge later on. Taking the extra save increases the odds of saving this round from 55% to almost 80%. So 1 time in 4, the save helps. 3 times in 4, the temp hit points help. And if he goes over, the temp hit points mitigate some of the damage. Falling is not a terrible option in this scenario, there are still foes to fight down below (in fact, Kal falling means that Ven can move where he wants to ;) ).

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia tries to attack the remaining troll shade, but her spell fails.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Cutting Words vs Troll Shade 1. Misses with a 16.

Save vs immobilize, daze: fail and a pass, respectively. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini stat block]Alexia Madgearu - Vryloka* Bard 8
*Insight DC 29 to notice she's not human.
Initiative: +4 | Passive perception: 20 | Passive Insight: 22
AC 25 | F 20 | R 19 | W 22
HP: 54/65 | Bloodied: 32 | Surge value: 16 (14 when bloodied) | Surges: 9/11
Resist: 9 necrotic
Speed: 6 | Languages: Common, Dwarven
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d8+3, +2d6 on crit
Powers: Cutting Words, Guiding Strike
Lifeblood, Majestic Word (2/2), Words of Friendship, Essence of Death, Divine Challenge
Shout of Triumph, Rally the Spectral Host, Unluck
Stirring Shout, Satire of Bravery
Inspire Confidence, Ode to Sacrifice
Performer's Longsword, Screaming Drakescale, Symbol of Scorned Fate

Conditions:

immobilized (save ends)
[/sblock]

Neurotic

[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], when enemy within 5 of Venakhad willingly moves on it's turn, Ven shifts to T13 as interrupt (note that this may prevent movement if enemy tried to move into that square)

EDIT: Re-roll: details, details :)

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: @Neurotic - I don't think I get the reroll, because he's not isolated from his allies...

OOC: Well, it's because Kal is adjacent to two enemies that he does not get the re-roll. CGF4 lost his background color, so it might look like Kal is not adjacent to two, but he is. You did it correctly.

Remove ads