At Ease...

Imreis

First Post
This is a post, a thread more so for all those not just who are participating on the chat but to freinds, family and lovers we all have and know being shipped over sea's. In the recent month ive got a few freinds being shipped out and i belive a nice salute should go not only to them who aer indangering themselves but for the tradgic things they may come across and be forced to see and do. Another salute to those already over in the war, to those who have died and to those who have already come home. It saddens me to know all this...having people i have know and do still know over there, risking themselves for this cause which ill keep governmental opinions out of this, its not about that right now.

Just remember that love and hope is with all of you; there are some in particular that know me and you know who you are......my personal love goes with you that you may come home safely and quickly. May trials and tribulations be fair on you and may the prayers of those who call you family keep you safe and fair. May the grace of hope follow you, may your actions be fair and quick.. your wit stay strong and your training never fail you.

With love to you all, Fox

Kallikrates

First Post
My sentiments too go out for the Marine Corp, the Army, the Navy, and the Air Force. While what they do has no visible affect here. Over there it matters. I too will keep my political beliefs out of this. The military and what they do always have my support. No matter what. I pray they all make it home safe. But that is not always the way it happens. I cannot express my thoughts for those who have lost some one they love over there. It brings a sense of dread, sadness, and grief unlike any other when some one you loves dies. While it has been over a decade sense I felt that. It still lingers. I hope that no man or woman would be forced to bury their son or daughter. So I, along with Fox, offer my prayers and hope at the end of the day that something comes of it. It may seem useless at the time. But it matters. And remember, the Middle East is eight hours ahead of the east coast. So as we sleep they have a long day ahead of them. I pray for them all.

Michael

rucaro

First Post
This means more to me than you will ever know, I love you Fox. Thank you for being the friend you have been these last years, and I hope to enjoy the time I have before I go, and many more when I return.

Salutes my other brothers in arms.

Ruthia

First Post
My friends and my family members, as well as those I have not known. My thoughts and prays are with you as you depart into the great unknown this war has become. Travel swift, do your job well, uphold your honor, and come home again safe. We will still be here, waiting, watching, hoping, praying, till each and everyone is within the loving ams of family and friends again.

Gina

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Less known, less realised, no less praised...my prayers, my hopes and the pride of almost every Aussie to all our boys over there. Not only the Australian troops that have been sent, but to those also promised, and those that have returned to our sunny shores. And then not only to our boys, but also every last soldier out there to do their jobs. I wish them all the best, with every ounce of luck I can muster. Let's pray they dont need it.

LR

Kinetti

First Post
Indeed, I pray for them every day. Including my own kid brother who's over there for me and for everyone. Thank you all for your own thoughts and prayers for our brave fighting men and women, be they from the US, Australia, or wherever else, as I now add my own.
~~ KC

Drindin

First Post
I'm Canadian, and one of my friends had a sister who was in the reserves, as well as I have had a number of friends go off to the Reserves after high school. I may not always agree with what our gov's do with our soldiers, but I do honour our soldiers every day. Good luck, and God Bless.

rucaro

First Post
This post is awesome. I have read it several times now and my heart swells with pride with the support that we have. I want to not only pray for my fellow troops, but to thank all those who offer their support. I would also like to invite you all to donate to the USO, one of the best support systems we have. If you can not donate money, you can see if they have volunteer work, or perhaps, simply write a few letters.
https://www.uso.org/howtohelp/makeadonation/sendagift/

Imreis

First Post
It realy is a great thing to do guys, one of the biggest things you can do is send a letter to someone you dont know. In my area theres large groups that do this for soldiers. you would be amazed at some of the boys and girls over there who dont even get letters from there family so just getting a letter from someone telling you that your doing a good job and keeping you company feels nice.

To all of our soldiers, those in combat and for those about to leave.

Thank you for your sacrifice.

Like Imeris said, if you want to offer a card or a thank you letter to a soldier you don't know, there is a link a friend of mine offer me.

http://www.letssaythanks.com

This will offer those that don't get cards from their family, a chance to have a smile on their face.

Remove ads