Attack on the Bandit Camp [Concluded]

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

Charlarn readies his shield, but leaves his right hand free. "Let us go. May the Searcher bless us on journey."

Hof

Explorer
OOC: I'm sorry to be doing this again, but I'll be on a sailing holiday without internet access until saturday. Feel free to automate Dioran as needed, and I'll see you all soon.

Patlin

Explorer
Marching order:

Manzanita said:
Rinaldo Iggy
Tenebrynn Charlarn
Nezrak Dioran
Ashnar
15 feet
Sara[/I]

Moving forward as a group under cover of darkness, with all light sources extinguished, you arrive at the edge of the bandit camp. Torches are mounted at strategic positions around the fence, and you are able to spot an area of the fence that you could jump over from a nearby rise. (Jump DC 10, 10' drop, can negate falling damage with a succesfull jump or tumple roll.)

Only one of the three guard towers overlooks this spot.

Low light vision/Darkvision only, DC 12 Spot Check:[sblock]A guard in the tower has a loaded crossbow by his side, and a signal horn in hand.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo whispers to Tenebrynn (OOC: I suppose Iggy and Charlarn could overhear) "Too dark. I see a guard in the tower. Is he alone?"

OOC: At which distance Rinaldo is from the guard?

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
OOC: At which distance Rinaldo is from the guard?

The fence is about 40' away from you, and the tower is 10' beyond the fence. Of course, it's also up a bit, but we'll call it 50'. The torchlight, coming from below the tower, drenches the watchtower in ominous shadow impenetrable to the human eye at this distance.

Erekose13

Explorer
Whispering back to Rinaldo, "There is one guard in the tower has a loaded crossbow by his side, and a signal horn in hand."

[ooc: Spot +1, rolled 14, low-light vision.]

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"Um, I'm actually not much good at taking guards out of watchtowers." Iggy continues gazing at the camp, looking for gates(backdoor?) and trying to get some idea of how many bandits there are, what sort of weaopns they have, what kind of shelter lies behind the walls, or anything else he can pick up.

Velmont

First Post
"With some luck, I could take him down with one bolt, but for that, I would need to go closer. Even in plain light I would be too far... does the guard snooze?" says Rinaldo, putting his buckler on his arm and taking his crossbow in his hands.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

"Does anyone know how to put people to sleep magically?"

Velmont said:
"With some luck, I could take him down with one bolt, but for that, I would need to go closer. Even in plain light I would be too far... does the guard snooze?" says Rinaldo, putting his buckler on his arm and taking his crossbow in his hands.
"You think you can kill him with one bolt? If you miss, he'll raise the alarm."

Remove ads