• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Attack on the Bandit Camp [Concluded]

Knight Otu

First Post
(ok... let's try this again...)
"Jumping does not sound attractive to me, but it seems a good option anyway." Ashnar says, silently chiding himself for not preparing his newly-learned jumping spell, or retaining enough flexibility to swiftly prepare it. And taking eight hours to relax his mind to be flexible enough was clearly out of question, so he doesn't even bring it up.

"At the beach, we ended up in a three-front battle. Do you think a two-front battle may be possible?"

Ashnar will stay in the back while the group advances, similar. He's not perticularly dexterous, or stealthy, after all.

Patlin

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
Ashnar will stay in the back while the group advances, similar. He's not perticularly dexterous, or stealthy, after all.

Sounds like everyone wants to be in the back, with the possible exceptions of Rinaldo and Tennebryn. That won't work. :)

Let's try to get things going. I would like the next post to state a definite course of action, with details. I will then wait at least 12 hours to allow for comment, and unless a serious disagreement develops things will start happening from there.

The jump-start post should contain a marching order. You have a lot of space, but if you are going to jump the fence you'd need to do that one at a time.

If you would really like more time to plan, that's OK too, but I think the planning is slowing down at the moment.

There have been several good suggestion thrown in, of course, let me summarize some of them:

Iggy: Notes that scouting is probably off the table due to lack of stealth, but wants more information on the camp through personal observation.
Sara: Suggests some plan ought to be in place to catch the target if he flees.
Tenebrynn: Suggests some sort of stealth assault on the leader, attempting to avoid combat with the bandits as a whole.
Rinaldo: Volunteers for interception duty, suggests it should be done by casting invisibility on him once the leader's location is known.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

"If we have time, I would prefer to get a feel for the guard schedule. Try to see if there is a lull that we can take advantage of. Maybe the leader will leave the fort, making our job easier. If not, let's jump the fence. I'd rather not split our group until we get inside, if at all."

Hof

Explorer
"Before we go in, who wants a magical armor? It's weightless so it cannot inhibit spellcasting and will last for a few hours. We can create one for up to six people if needed, although that would leave us too weakened to summon anything or cast anything of useful power. Still, extra protection would be handy, no?"

Dioran will cast Mage Armor on himself and up to five others, just before nearing the camp.

Xael

First Post
"I certainly wouldn't mind one.", Nezrak answers to Dioran. Nezrak will go over the fence somewhere between last and the middle person. "I can change one person to Ogre-sized for a while, if somebody feels that he needs a bit more reach.", he says to the group. "Otherwise my spells are mainly minor offensive ones at the moment."

OOC: Still here if you were wondering. Nezrak just doesn't really have any special capabilities or ideas.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"To get a feel for the guard schedule, we have to get close enough to see. Since none of us is a scout, looks like we're all going in together. Well either meet a guard, or find the camp itself. If we meet a guard, let's try to capture him. Then I can charm him and interrogate him."

OOC: Iggy will cast mage armor on himself, without comment. Iggy's move silent: +5 Hide: +7 He will have Kennedy swooping about up ahead, eating mosquitos and instructed to let Iggy know if he notices any bipeds.

Proposed marching order:
Rinaldo Iggy
Tenebrynn Charlarn
Nezrak Dioran
Ashnar
15 feet
Sara

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Steve Jung said:
"If we have time, I would prefer to get a feel for the guard schedule."

Does that mean you wish to take the time? If so, do you wish to take any precautions against discovery? Who will get close enough to observe the rotation of the guards?

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn summons his own Mage Armor when they are ready to head in, thanking Dioran for the offer. "For my part I have mostly offensive spells, magic missiles and scorching rays. With those cast I have my staff or my pick and fare quite well in close combat. If we do get into the thick of things, I would certainly be able to take advantage of the enlarged size, Nezrak. As for moving in, I think we should just head on over to the lower fence, jump in and start stalking for the leader. I agree that splitting up is unneccessary."

Velmont

First Post
"Ogre size? Whoa, never seen that before. I prefer to see myself liks I am now, not use tobe bigger. And it'll be fine, my armor should do the job.

Charlarn, sending someone to look at the watch, it is scouting too, and as there is no scout in the group, I feel uneasy to leave someone going ahead alone. The invisibility spell is not long enough to give a good job sadly."

Knight Otu

First Post
Hof said:
"Before we go in, who wants a magical armor?"
"Good offer. I have my own prepared, but others might want to benefit. Other than that, my prepared spells, too, are offensive in nature."

As Tenebrynn, Ashnar casts his mage armor shortly before embarking.

Remove ads